What is George Bush's Legacy?

dusqi

and killing thousands of American soldiers.

Eh, you can dispute that. Even in peacetimes (has there ever even been a President who hadn't been involved in a war or sent American troops somewhere? Meh.) soldiers die from accidents and such. I mean, consider the invasion of Normany. Thousands and thousands of dead Americans, Canadians, British; lots of dead men. In hours.

Terrible.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason there has been more terrorism during the Bush admin is that after the WTC attacks, people realised they could get quite popular by doing these things and get their message across.

Another reason is this:

On February 22, 1998, Osama bin Laden proclaimed a world front for jihad and declared war against infidel America.

Jihad wasn't declared on America until 1998, which was 2 years before Bush took office, so that is a major reason why there was less terrorism in the 90's and more under the bush administration. It is also nearly impossible to stop terrorism, so no need to blame it all on Bush.

Oh and on the scientist note. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. In that God thread you seem to dismiss Scientists when they talk about evolution, but as soon as it comes to something that you agree with, they happen to be right then.

Who said he was going to agree with all scientists? I'm sure all agree and disagree with some.

Anyway, I'm tired of these American Christian conservatives. The rest of the world hates them and they just don't get why, and they still go on with all this "land of the free, home of the brave" bull when they don't even know the meaning of the concept of freedom.

We all know the concept of freedom, but true freedom would lead to utter chaos. And to be quite honest with you, I'm quite tired of you city slicker super liberal European's bashing against our American Christian conservatives just because you don't like them. America has more freedom than most, maybe even all the world, hate all you want but I love it here.

The reason there has been more terrorism during the Bush admin is that after the WTC attacks, people realised they could get quite popular by doing these things and get their message across.

Another reason is this:

On February 22, 1998, Osama bin Laden proclaimed a world front for jihad and declared war against infidel America.

Jihad wasn't declared on America until 1998, which was 2 years before Bush took office, so that is a major reason why there was less terrorism in the 90's and more under the bush administration. It is also nearly impossible to stop terrorism, so no need to blame it all on Bush.

I definitely agree with you that it shouldn't be blamed on Bush, but Saruman was stating that there was:

2) NO TERRORISTS ATTACKS IN A VERY, VERY LONG TIME. (besides minor ones)

That is the statement I was trying to disprove.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

This might sound bad taste, but I'm beting a month or so after he leaves, he'll get murdered by some angry guy :?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I'm quite tired of you city slicker super liberal European's bashing against our American Christian conservatives just because you don't like them.

I'm pretty sure that we've given a thousand more reasons that simply the fact that we aren't in agreeance with their religious views.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

All you people taling about the Kyoto protocol don't really understand much about I'd presume. You can't really blame Bush for it seeing as when Clinton was President the Senate voted against it by the razor thin margin of 95-0. Not to mention that it won't really affect world temps and only like two countries have met their marks. If anything I'd give him credit for not passing something like McCain-Lieberman.

And his legacy will be a good one. 50 years from now when people vacation in Iraq, and it is safe, they will see that we did a good thing. He's done whats needed to be done to protect the country from another 9/11 type attack. He's secured tens of billions in aid for Africa. He's like a rock star over there. They just don't know that he hates black people though. He took North Korea off of the list of state sponsors of terror. Someday when we are allies with them we will have the President to thank. Once Iran agrees to stop going after nuclear weapons we will know it was President Bush who stopped the freeze on diplomatic relations. 50 years in the future in high school economics classes they will teach how the President's decisive action prevented another depression.

And Op, get off the extraordinary rendition bandwagon. Is it wrong for the United States not to give prisoners to the police of their home country? Is it our job to protect them from the laws of their own country? That's the reason that Gitmo is still open. They won't send the enemy combatants to their home countries.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

In a nutshell, probably the stupid one. Washington was the honest one, Jefferson was the intellgent one, Grant was the Civil War hero, Rooservelt led us through the Great Depresson, Kenedy was a man of the people, and Bush was the dumb [bleep].

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'd assume he'd be known as the president during the War on Terror.

He did what he could, we may hate him now, though with having the war, a near-depression (recession, whatever the thing is considered), a very large natural disaster, an attack, and incredibly low approval, he's lasted. For that, I'd think he'll be respected. Just not while the generation that gave him such a low approval is alive.

I dont think hes an idiot, the media miscontrue what he says after his first few infamous speaches "My fellow pelicans!"

#-o

That's funny, because 81% of Americans think he is.

I blame the media for why he is hated, he wasn't that bad tbh.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Yea I was wondering if in 50-100 years or so Bush would be considerd a great president because one of his actions played out great? I belive this happend with one of America's previous presidents.

Probably happened to a lot of the previous presidents.

So then, by your theory, the media is to blame for George Bush outright lying to the entire world that Saddam Huessein had weapons of mass destruction?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

So then, by your theory, the media is to blame for George Bush outright lying to the entire world that Saddam Huessein had weapons of mass destruction?

Did he lie or was he misinformed?

I honestly believe that he lied, and this is my reasoning:

Even after he found out that he was misinformed, he showed no remorse for invading a country on false evidence. To me, that means he had alterior motives to invading Iraq (of which I do not know 100%, but I would guess some unfinished business by Dad in the 90s and oil). He would have used any reason he had to go into Iraq as soon as it popped up, and that is as good as a lie to me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Even after he found out that he was misinformed, he showed no remorse for invading a country on false evidence. To me, that means he had alterior motives to invading Iraq (of which I do not know 100%, but I would guess some unfinished business by Dad in the 90s and oil). He would have used any reason he had to go into Iraq as soon as it popped up, and that is as good as a lie to me.

I see.

Sounds like a typical politician to me. They all want to save face and can't admit when they got something wrong. Whenever they do, they tend to rationalise it in some other way. Whether that means there were other motives involved is something I've not looked into in much detail, but thanks for your reasoning.

NOO!!!

Dear God, we did not go to Iraq for Oil!!! We get most of our oil from Canada, Venezuela and I think Mexico. Not that much from Iraw, we may get a little. And besides, I think that if they didn't have WMDs when we went in, they had them earlier.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

NOO!!!

Dear God, we did not go to Iraq for Oil!!! We get most of our oil from Canada, Venezuela and I think Mexico. Not that much from Iraw, we may get a little. And besides, I think that if they didn't have WMDs when we went in, they had them earlier.

Price of gas when Bush went into office-$1.46

Price of gas now-$2.59

Gas was nearly $4.00 per gallon near me at one point.

And you tell me it's not about oil...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

i think that is a reasonable argument, you cant wage a war under false premise and then not apologise (to the opposition population and your own population) when those reasons arent true and it is proven

NICKELEY102.png

NOO!!!

No, no WMD's were found. Bush duped Congress into going to war by lying about WMD's being in Iraq. Bush went into Iraq to put fear into the American people of "terrorists" so that he could be that president that protected them. Look, if we weren't in Iraq there would be a lot fewer deaths there. We are also wasting a lot of money every month towards the war. We need to pull out of Iraq now. Thanks to Bush we are no longer the greatest nation on Earth, other countries have lost their respect for us.

I think that Bush will be remembered for the lowest approval rating of any American president ever. (I don't think that it will be possible for another president to get lower, frankly.)

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Price of gas when Bush went into office-$1.46

Price of gas now-$2.59

Gas was nearly $4.00 per gallon near me at one point.

And you tell me it's not about oil...

So we invaded a country for oil...

And it was made more expensive? :/

NOO!!!

Saudi Arabia, the #1 supplier of oil to the USA. You may have heard of OPEC ;)

Also, Iraq does supply the USA with alot of oil, but not that much.

He will probably be the President known for the War on Terror, and for being put through the crucible the most times of any President. Few Presidents have had to deal with this much crap.

As for waterboarding and unfair treatment of prisoners: Abe Lincoln did much worse, fyi. He didn't suspend the rights of POW's like Bush did, he suspended the rights of EVERYONE. Down to freedom of speech.

Polk wasted a huge amount of money going to war with Mexico when the Texas Rangers could have easily defended Texas. He occupied Mexico needlessly, and pretty much stole half of Mexico at gunpoint.

And as much as you may say that Bush was an idiot, plenty of presidents were worse. Taft and Garfield come to mind.

The reason we are knocking on Bush so much is the internet. Clinton didn't have all that bad of an approval rating before the internet really became popular, then he was crucified. From now on, this easy exchange of information (whether true or more often not) will make the Presidency a major hotseat.

If Lincoln or FDR or Kennedy had the internet to deal with, they'd of been in trouble, too. Especially FDR, if the fact he had lied about his health had broken while he was still alive.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I don't think FDR should be looked down upon for his decision to conceal the fact that he had a wheelchair. He was president in one of the hardest periods of American history, and the American people wanted someone they thought of as strong. Even though it shouldn't affect that, he knew that it would undermine him if they knew. The media also had an agreement with him not to photograph him torso down. Heh, can you imagine today's media doing something like that?

snowsigyy7.png

He will probably be the President known for the War on Terror, and for being put through the crucible the most times of any President. Few Presidents have had to deal with this much crap.

As for waterboarding and unfair treatment of prisoners: Abe Lincoln did much worse, fyi. He didn't suspend the rights of POW's like Bush did, he suspended the rights of EVERYONE. Down to freedom of speech.

Polk wasted a huge amount of money going to war with Mexico when the Texas Rangers could have easily defended Texas. He occupied Mexico needlessly, and pretty much stole half of Mexico at gunpoint.

And as much as you may say that Bush was an idiot, plenty of presidents were worse. Taft and Garfield come to mind.

The reason we are knocking on Bush so much is the internet. Clinton didn't have all that bad of an approval rating before the internet really became popular, then he was crucified. From now on, this easy exchange of information (whether true or more often not) will make the Presidency a major hotseat.

If Lincoln or FDR or Kennedy had the internet to deal with, they'd of been in trouble, too. Especially FDR, if the fact he had lied about his health had broken while he was still alive.

FInally, a good post from somebody that can actually vote :? .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

NOO!!!

Saudi Arabia, the #1 supplier of oil to the USA. You may have heard of OPEC ;)

Also, Iraq does supply the USA with alot of oil, but not that much.

Wtf is OPEC???

/sarcasm

So? Cool, OPEC exists, good for them, we don't get oil from them, do some research next time.

Canada, Mexico and Venezuela, let me restate: are our biggest suppliers.

And Atronic, ok, sure whatever you want to believe. You really think the UN is competent enough in the first place to find any?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge