Why do people hate skillcapes

Reztral

as stated by many others, people flipped out when the skill capes came out, and now its a chore to earn one. infact, the only reason why people get 99 fm, fletch, cook ect is just to get a skill cape or an easy trim to their other cape. thus, the good money making skills died. :boohoo:

but what realy gets me is when im flamed by lvl 20 skillers because i dont have a skill cape. -.-

P.S. im not hating on the people who have skill capes, i do respect them for going to the trouble to get them. ::'

gratz too you all! :twss:

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Thats the sole reason i very rarely wear my skillcape, i think people will think i only got 99 att for the cape instead of the fact i have always had much higher att than the rest of my skills. I think there are probably a few people who feel as me with their skillcapes too.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have to admit that some of my 99's are purely for the cape, and they are just becoming a big money expense. If skill capes were not out I would only have Attack, Strength, Defence, Hp, Range, Mage and Slayer. Cooking, Fletching, Herblore, Crafting and Summoning (would only get 96) would not have been worth it for 99. A lot of people say it is just a grind to get the skill capes now though, which I disagree about, because I just powertrain everything.

99 Herblore - 6 Days - 120M Loss (81-99)

99 Crafting - 7 Days - 40M Loss (87-99)

99 Cooking - 5 Days - 5M Loss (81-99)

99 Fletching - ~10 Days - 15M (70-99)

99 Summoning - ~7 Days - 45M (96-99)

This ends up being 225M extra that I normally wouldn't have spent.

in my opinion skillcapes have ruined rs because....

1) before there were skillcapes rs was a fun game were u just train up skills and when u achieve a 99 skill u r proud of it. However now that they have made skillcapes, people r like "omg i want a skillcape, they r so cool!" this makes them train until they reach that 99 and skillcape. Then they think "ohhh what shld i do next? O lets get another skillcape" then it makes runescape feel so repetative just getting 99, when in the old days rs was fun and when u got a 99 u were happy.

2) Now low level rs players want to have a skillcape so they go for an easy one to achieve. However none of them r "easy" to get but to high level arrogant players they are "easy" capes to get. Then they call these low level players "NOOBS" or "NUB" because they have just got one "easy" skillcape to look cool. Have they ever thought they actually wanted that 99 or maybe training for it then the skillcape update came? IMO no.

This is why i think skillcapes have ruined runescape.

Extremefish.png

My blog

Maxed CMB, 99 summoning/construction

Haven't you heard of the law of MMOS?

Anyone thats higher lvl than you has no life.

Anyone thats lower lvl than you is a noob.

Simple.

You stole my quote.

But anyways, yeah, people are just grinding now. The former money making skills are now, nearly impossible to break even. Unless, you say, get all your items yourself.

EDiT:: I found my new signature.

Haven't you heard of the law of MMOS?

Anyone thats higher lvl than you has no life.

Anyone thats lower lvl than you is a noob.

Simple

That is a load of BS whoever thinks that.....well..... #-o

Well you have no life so you would think that!!@!@!@@@1

Well you have no life so you would think that!!@!@!@@@1

no i have a life......

i just dont waste time like "omg what outfit should i wear" "omg what should i do"

i get on with it....

Oh relax I wasn't being serious. Maybe.

Now that i think about it, it sort of has ruined the market. Because now there's MANY people that just want a 99 for the cape, so they are getting cooking/fletching/other easy ones. That caused the rise of raw materials such as raw fish, and the decrease of cooked fish, etc.

Staurolite.png

Wow, so many good responses here. I will have to agree that skillcapes did mess up the prices for some stuff, but I think the GE messed up prices even more (I do like the GE, don't get me wrong). Personally, I raise skills so that I have access to more that the game has to offer. I'm currently raising my slayer level so that I have access to different monsters to fight. This is just my personal preference of course.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I only read what the thread starter wrote, and not what anyone else posted

I just want to say anyone who says skill capes are lame and can be bought are dumb...

Getting a 99 is tough in any skills, some more than others.

My first 99 was Cooking and I worked my butt off and although some other rich dude could have bought K's of Shark I worked for it and got it, and deserve my respect for that skills (all though my Ranged cape owns it lol)

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I get 99s for the simple fact that I like them and/or they are useful to me. For example, I wouldnt get 99 fletching or cooking, because I have no use for them. If you get 99 in a skill just for the skillcape, you are getting it for the wrong reasons.

I feel that although there are good reasons stated by (very few) posters in this post, the rest are just bandwagon whiners. (Which is to be expected with the general RS community I suppose...)

Does anyone remember the pre-skillcape era where one would spend days upon days working towards a skill and then, once 99 was achieved... NOTHING! No skillcape, no recognition unless you made a post about it... What's the point in that? You'd hardly make more money out of that 1.2m more xp from 98-99 most of the time.

Some have said (read: whined) that skillcapes "destroyed all the best moneymaking skills"... To you, I say: cry more noob.

If that's what you think - you deserve to wallow in your public displays of self pity, disguised as a "game balance issue".

I have only been posting here a month and already I've noticed that for the most part, intelligent players of RS stay away from these boards. Most of the people in this post couldn't string a decent, balanced argument together if it hit them in the nose.

Without skillcapes what would you have? Less than what you do now - and then you'd be moaning about that.

:roll:

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

if people wanna buy 99 cooking great for them, if your moaning that ruins the economy then fish your own fish then cook them which makes that problem disappear for you. ive tried cooking the 9k monks i fished in 1 go and gave up after 5k of them so anyone who got 99 cooking must have grinded for days - props to them. i play for fun, if im not enjoying something i stop doing it. i dont play runescape to be bored and eventually i will get a 99, but as long as im having fun i dont care what my levels are. 13m experience just doesnt sound that fun to me. also moneymaking skills are still there, you just have to train 2 skills now for it. farm and herblore = profit, fish and cook = profit, woodcut and fletch = profit, mine and smith = profit. i think the ge ruined rs because stuff is to easy to get a hold of, that said i still use it but i would prefer runescape without some big building where anything is possible to find instantly. and if you say im just moaning for the sake of it and hopping on the bandwagon or that i shouldnt use the ge you should try finding buyers and sellers away from the ge.

macho_munky.png

I feel that although there are good reasons stated by (very few) posters in this post, the rest are just bandwagon whiners. (Which is to be expected with the general RS community I suppose...)

Does anyone remember the pre-skillcape era where one would spend days upon days working towards a skill and then, once 99 was achieved... NOTHING! No skillcape, no recognition unless you made a post about it... What's the point in that? You'd hardly make more money out of that 1.2m more xp from 98-99 most of the time.

Some have said (read: whined) that skillcapes "destroyed all the best moneymaking skills"... To you, I say: cry more noob.

If that's what you think - you deserve to wallow in your public displays of self pity, disguised as a "game balance issue".

I have only been posting here a month and already I've noticed that for the most part, intelligent players of RS stay away from these boards. Most of the people in this post couldn't string a decent, balanced argument together if it hit them in the nose.

Without skillcapes what would you have? Less than what you do now - and then you'd be moaning about that.

I'm wondering how noticing that skillcapes made people train skills to 99 they would never have done before, thus making prices rise in items around that skill, thus making the skill no profit is me making a 'public display of self pity'. Now don't get me wrong from your post i can see you are a highly intelligent poster around here (Sarcasm much) But you look like you have not thought about the impact skill capes had one bit. I'm not going to go into the fact you called most of tipit un-intelligent and that most of us could not string a decent, balanced argument together if it hit us in the nose. I'l concentrate on your 'argument' instead.

I feel that although there are good reasons stated by (very few) posters in this post, the rest are just bandwagon whiners. Please explain how it is Whinning to notice when whole skills had large amounts of their profits sucked out of them?

(Which is to be expected with the general RS community I suppose...)

Does anyone remember the pre-skillcape era where one would spend days upon days working towards a skill and then, once 99 was achieved... NOTHING! No skillcape, no recognition unless you made a post about it... Yes i remember those days, you would train a skill as it was making you money, the amount of people training skills for the money making outweighed those training them to reach 99. Back then reaching a 99 was a fairly rare thing in most skills and usually you'd have a party or something. Opposed to now when you train to get a cape and to walk around trying to show it off for recognition? What's the point in that? You'd hardly make more money out of that 1.2m more xp from 98-99 most of the time. People used to make millions from cooking alone, and when making money from a skill you wouldn't stop at 98 because its over 1m exp to the next level, you would train it as you needed money.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Firstly, things change. You understand that Danqazmlp, right?

One day a skill might be highly profitable and the next something comes out that changes that equilibrium and thus said skill loses its value for profit. Yes, the addition of skillcapes caused the profit from some skills to decline but it also increased the demand exponentially for many, many items. All the flavour of the month tip.it whiners seem to have forgotten about that. (That means you, Danqazmlp).

It's also apparent that during its construction you chose to leave out many possible points that would serve to invalidate your argument. As far as I'm aware, it's possible to make a decent profit from every skill if it's levelled wisely without trying to do it in 5 minutes flat. Do you disagree?

You said you'd address my post specifically, and I shall act in kind with your responses:

Yes i remember those days, you would train a skill as it was making you money, the amount of people training skills for the money making outweighed those training them to reach 99. Back then reaching a 99 was a fairly rare thing in most skills and usually you'd have a party or something. Opposed to now when you train to get a cape and to walk around trying to show it off for recognition?

I've already established that it is still very possible to make a decent profit in most skills whilst levelling so that comment is irrelevant. I train skills to make money and for recognition - as I'm sure most people do. Quite a simple concept don't you think?

People used to make millions from cooking alone, and when making money from a skill you wouldn't stop at 98 because its over 1m exp to the next level, you would train it as you needed money.

So you want to make millions off of a skill in a day and you think it's fair? You're not doing much to distance yourself from these FotM whiners are you? "Skillcapes ruined a skill coz you can't make millions in a day". That's an epic fail of a whine there, mate.

Also, when defending your intelligence I think it would be prudent to atleast employ the use of a spellcheck. Thanks for adding your incredible wealth of stupidity to my original point.

i_j00_m0m.png

-Don Van Vliet

First off, flavour of the month :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now i've got that out of the way, if you want to attack me personally instead of the topic, then take it to pm theres no point taking up this thread.

It's also apparent that during its construction you chose to leave out many possible points that would serve to invalidate your argument. As far as I'm aware, it's possible to make a decent profit from every skill if it's levelled wisely without trying to do it in 5 minutes flat. Do you disagree? Yes i disagree, you make me a decent profit from cooking, without leveling another skill alongside it. That was possible and used alot before skillcapes. The same goes for fletching, smithing, herblore, crafting and most secondary skills.

So you want to make millions off of a skill in a day and you think it's fair? You're not doing much to distance yourself from these FotM whiners are you? "Skillcapes ruined a skill coz you can't make millions in a day". That's an epic fail of a whine there, mate. Please enlighten me where i've aid you could make millions in a day? No, you can't because i havent. Skills didn't make millions, but they didn't turn out a loss either, they made stable profits, i remember at one point you could make 100gp per shark from cooking, raking in a constant 100k/h, not millions but a nice profit. However, since skillcapes (ok maybe in the past month with PvP worlds its changed) it's hard to turn any sort of profit at all, with people cooking much more than is used. The same goes with other secondary skills as i said.

Also, when defending your intelligence I think it would be prudent to atleast employ the use of a spellcheck. Thanks for adding your incredible wealth of stupidity to my original point. The few people that read my guides/posts/replies regularly will know i type very quickly and do usually have spelling mistakes, but as its still readable and i don't have spellcheck it will stay this way.

zqXeV.jpg

First off, flavour of the month :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now i've got that out of the way, if you want to attack me personally instead of the topic, then take it to pm theres no point taking up this thread.

I think your opinions are ill thought-out and stupid. That's not a personal attack it's a statement of fact. If you put your words out on a public forum you''ll be subject to critiques from other readers. It's life, deal with it.

Yes i disagree, you make me a decent profit from cooking, without leveling another skill alongside it. That was possible and used alot before skillcapes. The same goes for fletching, smithing, herblore, crafting and most secondary skills.

This is what I mean by a stupid argument. Do you think Jagex want you to raise cooking purely through cooking, without using any other skill? Of course they don't.

Please enlighten me where i've aid you could make millions in a day? No, you can't because i havent. Skills didn't make millions, but they didn't turn out a loss either, they made stable profits, i remember at one point you could make 100gp per shark from cooking, raking in a constant 100k/h, not millions but a nice profit. However, since skillcapes (ok maybe in the past month with PvP worlds its changed) it's hard to turn any sort of profit at all, with people cooking much more than is used. The same goes with other secondary skills as i said.

So you're lending your view on why skillcapes are making some skills redundant but at the same time you say "maybe it's not like that now but...". Whatever mate. Keep whining.

Games evolve, things change. Don't like it? You know what to do.

i_j00_m0m.png

-Don Van Vliet