Ranging in PVP using the wilderness ditch

extremefish

I get what you're saying, but it's not a valid reason to remove the ditch. The fact that it provides a challenge like that is wonderful.

Thank you. but dont u think its unfair how the rangers are getting the best way to pk while every1 else has to suffer?

Extremefish.png

My blog

Maxed CMB, 99 summoning/construction

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying, but it's not a valid reason to remove the ditch. The fact that it provides a challenge like that is wonderful.

Thank you. but dont u think its unfair how the rangers are getting the best way to pk while every1 else has to suffer?

Not necessarily, because there are plenty of places on the map where melee'rs have the advantage, and the same goes for mages. This is really the first time in Runescape history that the land is TRULY exploitable by all. The old Wilderness had obstacles, but they were few, fair between, and not all that helpful. The ditch works for rangers, yes, but there are large expanses of land that work in favor of warriors as well.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Not necessarily, because there are plenty of places on the map where melee'rs have the advantage, and the same goes for mages. This is really the first time in Runescape history that the land is TRULY exploitable by all. The old Wilderness had obstacles, but they were few, fair between, and not all that helpful. The ditch works for rangers, yes, but there are large expanses of land that work in favor of warriors as well.

such as?

Extremefish.png

My blog

Kay, best solution ever:

Stay away from the ditch when it has ranger noobs by it? :?

If you're trying to get into deeper wilderness, there's no real point in fighting back, so just go.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

The funny thing about this is when rangers actually use the fact that they can attack from a distance to an advantage someone yells unbalanced.

..... Kind of ironic I guess

It is a little unfair and perhaps limiting the amount of times you can cross the ditch in 20 seconds would help but I hardly thing they need to make it so you can't shoot over the ditch at all. I mean, actually using the range to your advantage! THE HORROR!

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Psycho, you're an idiot if you truly think a ditch stops you from ranging. Jagex should not be wasting time finding a way to implement different maps on different servers so that the ditch disappears on PvP worlds. That can result in all kinds of nasty issues.

It also makes absolutely no sense for a ditch to block arrows.

And realize that the whole damn world is open for PvP combat. If you want to fight without ranged or magical attacks, then choose a spot that doesn't have a glaringly obvious obstruction to melee attacks. -.-

I have to agree with this. If the ditch blocked arrows, we'd just have issues of hit and run meleers who attack mages and rangers and then jump over the ditch. The solution to cowardly rangers? Go deeper in the wild or outside of it so that he has to leave his precious ditch to attack you. And while they still can hit and run while you're chasing them from a distance, you just have to pull them out of their comfort zone.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

To be honest I feel that the ditch has lost its purpose and should be removed on PvP worlds. There are plenty of places for rangers to gain the "lesser in the cage effect" but this should not be one of them. Especialy when for some damned reason arrows/bolts can be more accurate through armour than melee weapons :lol: lol combat triangle.....

Bolts and arrowheads have a piercing effect while melee weapons such as swords and spears' ability to pierce depends on the strength of the blow and the angle.

At least, that's my understanding of it in terms of "real life." Runescape, however...heh. That's different ^^

hzvjpwS.gif

Honestly, reading this topic I thought "This is what Tip.it has become?"

Posted this and left.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

We might as well remove cow pens as well then. Lord knows that rangers shouldn't be allowed to shoot over those. I mean, since melee can't hit them as it were, they have to run all the way to the entrance, by that time, the ranger has already teleported! No, I completely understand what you're saying, I just don't agree that it's abuse or should be removed.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Like melee wasnt so overpowered, now ragne gets a small advantage on a very small part of the whole world map, meleers whine? Come on, you got godswords with 2 specs, dds with 4 specs that hits twice per spec, whip super accurate and strong. Rangers got rune cbow costs a fortune to use dstone bolts and a dark bow which requires super expensive arrows and only has one spec??? dds should have 1 spec only too. then it would be kinda even.

lurifax.png

I'll say it again: the ditch has no purpose under the context of its creation.

simply put- it was an ingenious device that jagex put it, but now, people know where the wilderness is, and they know theres a risk by going into it.

This isnt a discussion of "OMGZORS!!! ranged is so unbalanced because it can shoot over things" its a discussion of "OMGZORS!!! ranged has an unfair advantage because there is an ABUSEABLE STRATEGY"

This isnt a case of cow pen ranging, this is a case of cow pen ranging, where the ranger can jump to the other side of the fence once the meleer comes close, but then the meleer cant jump the fence. #-o the ranger can jump, shoot, jump shoot, jump shoot, and never get hit by the meleer.

I figured people would notice the flaw in the system, but wow! you all just impressed me with how shallow you seem to be looking at the issue at hand. I for one, love ranged. The cow pens are dastardly and cunning, and I quite enjoy using them, and any fence to rattle off hp on people stupid enough to come in line of sight. The ditch however, isnt the cow pen. As I stated above, it is abusable in a way that makes the ranger completely invulnerable to melee, which IS unbalanced.

People arent, or at least shouldnt, be asking to have the ditch recoded to stop ranged. this just creates a new imbalance. what should be asked is that the ditch is removed entirely- It's only purpose is on safe worlds, in pvp, it just creates an impenatrable force field for rangers.

Hopefully some people will understand what I'm saying, I know many wont, but hey, I tried..

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

simply put- it was an ingenious device that jagex put it, but now, people know where the wilderness is, and they know theres a risk by going into it.

This isnt a discussion of "OMGZORS!!! ranged is so unbalanced because it can shoot over things" its a discussion of "OMGZORS!!! ranged has an unfair advantage because there is an ABUSEABLE STRATEGY"

This isnt a case of cow pen ranging, this is a case of cow pen ranging, where the ranger can jump to the other side of the fence once the meleer comes close, but then the meleer cant jump the fence. the ranger can jump, shoot, jump shoot, jump shoot, and never get hit by the meleer.

I figured people would notice the flaw in the system, but wow! you all just impressed me with how shallow you seem to be looking at the issue at hand. I for one, love ranged. The cow pens are dastardly and cunning, and I quite enjoy using them, and any fence to rattle off hp on people stupid enough to come in line of sight. The ditch however, isnt the cow pen. As I stated above, it is abusable in a way that makes the ranger completely invulnerable to melee, which IS unbalanced.

People arent, or at least shouldnt, be asking to have the ditch recoded to stop ranged. this just creates a new imbalance. what should be asked is that the ditch is removed entirely- It's only purpose is on safe worlds, in pvp, it just creates an impenatrable force field for rangers.

Hopefully some people will understand what I'm saying, I know many wont, but hey, I tried..

thats what ive been trying to say remove the ditch...

Extremefish.png

My blog

just a protip for everybody who thinks this is unfair:

Wait till you meet me in isafaldar!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

just a protip for everybody who thinks this is unfair:

Wait till you meet me in isafaldar!

wat?

Well, Isafadar is well-known for its multiple leaf traps, so if you two are on opposite sides of a leaf trap, and he attacks you, and you have auto-retaliate on, you will be lured into the leaf trap and be hit for 15 automatically.

I suppose, in a sense, it's more deadly than the wilderness ditch.

Mungo_0.png

awesomesiggeh2.jpg

Yes... Yes, that's what he said.

Siggeh1.jpg

Siggeh2.jpg

:D

Step 1: remove wilderness ditch OR remove ability to shoot over it.

Step 2: Either remove all shrubbery, mining rocks, fences, and other barricades that you can shoot over OR remove the ability to shoot over it.

I don't see why they should remove it. If they remove that, then people now can complain about every rock, shrub, fence, etc. that can be shot over.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Why remove it? It's there it's there. It's the same thing as a burglar complaining your door is locked and in the way when they want to rob your house.

Rangers use bolts and arrows, yes. Should they be able to pierce through armor? Well physically back then a NORMAL LONGBOW would be able to take out a fully armored knight from a castle wall. Call them overpowered, but that's the truth.

Removing this just because smart people are using it like RANGE IS SUPPOSED TO BE USED. A BOW is for long distance fighting. So either A) Remove it and give us rangers the ability to strafe (Fire while running) Or B) Quit complaining and don't pk there. If you're goal is to make melee the strongest skill ever, then I'd have to go against you.

What if they remove it? They'd have to remove it everywhere. ALL worlds. What problems will that make? And do you know how much coding they would have to do to remove it all? Just because you're a guy with a sword doesn't mean you should be able to stand face to face with someone who is supposed to be using hit-n-run tactics. Use range against them, if you're annoyed, don't PK.

This isnt a case of cow pen ranging, this is a case of cow pen ranging, where the ranger can jump to the other side of the fence once the meleer comes close, but then the meleer cant jump the fence. the ranger can jump, shoot, jump shoot, jump shoot, and never get hit by the meleer.

What about the people who wait in GE under tunnel and special Knockout the person who's coming out? ZOMG MELEE IS OVERPOWERED. Range is supposed to be like this. WE ARE SQUISHY! WE aren't suicidal and go up to point blank range.

Remove the ditch leads to removing all other barricades that rangers use for cover. If that happens, range is underpowered. Then to balance in melee-rs can't use their advantage, close melee. They can't wear armor since that gives them an unfair advantage. Heck, that will go to mages also. They can't use magic since it hits through melee armor too much. AKA, it will mess up the entire combat triangle. It's fair as it is.

You might as well be saying remove all the trees so that meleers can chase properly.

You might as well be saying that in real life, all soldiers should go charging up towards enemy fortresses with bayonets and complain they have a height advantage instead of using sharpshooters to pick off the gunners.

You might as well be saying everything is damn unfair and everything should die in a horrid fireball.

Give us rangers some slack yea? We still have to pay for arrows, extra food, more expensive range armor to match up against you beefy tanks.

2jb8hf6.jpg