Weekly Poll: Do you follow through with your goals in RS?

n_odie

i voted most of the time as there wasnt an option for eventually :shock: i dont class always as quite the same, always to me is a dedicated slog rather than i cant stand it anymore but i will come back for more maybe a year or more later :roll:

I have acknowledged goals to myself for 5 skill capes and am currently getting 99 wc and fm with my trusty adze

then ill have another go at hunter and see if this time i can last to the 90's before running away screaming

so after fm and wc i will get thieve and hunter then ill release my frustration on killing thousands of creatures in slayer and get my range

i find in easier to set small targets to tick off on the way to a greater 1 as you get a sense of achievement which will keep you motivated, leveling skills achievements at first are great for this unfortunately after a while on most skills (save smithing) this dwindles away

i try to set goals and training methods which will help others - for example im cutting eucalyptus at the moment for wc, using my adze for fm, from the cash made i will buy maples and finish off firemaking and also buy gold ore to get 85 smithing, i will smelt the gold bars into necklaces (probably) to get 87 crafting when i can then make dorgshan bulbs and grab some more craft exp maybe up to 90. when doing my slayer ill cannon what i can to get my range finished and load up my crimson charms, head to the desert to mine granite and make granite lobsters to get mining and summoning levels (i want 85 mining but i never last long there, yay a new quest and im gone never to return) - i know that i could make money faster with other methods to spend on skills but i get a satisfaction from using one skill to directly help another rather than buy seconds (i know i will be buying gold ore but i have tried mining it frequently and i know i cant stick to it to get the amount i want :oops: ).

all these desires will take time and ill break off to change what im doing but i will come back and finish eventually - unless jagex releases a better way of achieving my goals

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

i try and follow most of my goals....my current goal is to try and get all my skills above lvl 70..but i think that is a long term goal rather than a short term.....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

i always have 2 goals, one short term and one long term

for the longest time the long term goal has been 85 mining(77 currrently)

as for short term goals:

40 ranged for d'hide=done in 2 days

full saradomin rune=done...twice

50 runecrafting=in progress

43 prayer=in progress, not being helped that i fight cockroaches...

and when all else fails, bash things =3

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Mostly. I tend to stick my by goals, But they sometimes seem to strech way too far.

Like with mining, took 7 months for 92... yet 92-99 took 3 weeks.But some goals i stick by to the end, altough i like to take a few hours breaks sometimes, it feels good to take a break once a while. My current goal, 99 Agility i feel like sticking with it, I just took a little break, and it feels alot better to train Agility again, doing the new Halloween Quest.

The main things that keep me going is some nice Tv-Series and movies to watch , and talking to some friends.

I hate to left my goals unfinished, so even if it takes some time, i will eventually achieve my goals.

i set realistic goals and strive to get them (IM F2P so nothing insane) right now going for 50 rc at 47 and just need to make last runs :twisted:

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I have tendincies to question why I'm going for a goal. If the goal is small, that tendinicy CRUSHES that goal like a BUG!!! Ok... maybe I'm a bit crazy there :lol: . But... the bigger goals seem to be more fufilling than smaller, and I guess it also has several pages of why Im going to do this again sitting in front of me.