Player Moderators: Are They Really Worthy?

@Dan3HitU

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally EVERY player mod I've come across has earned that silver crown in my eyes.

They have to now. In the past there was some who wasn't etc but they did get demodded, but now there is a completely new way on becoming a player mod (and a forum mod as well). you now have to tell them you personal information (full name address number etc).

I'm sure there are some who get the privelage randomly (that level 9 for instance) but for the most part they do their job just fine.

Nope none are random, all requirements are set the same. It doesn't matter what level you are, you can become a mod at level 3 (yes there are some level 3 mods)

Several times I have seen player mods who did nothing but chatting or training their skills.

Well they have the right. All mods are doing it because they want to and they have no obligation to help anyone they don't want to help.

Once I asked one of them to mute another player for obvious message-flooding rude languages (not censored), she told me to get a life and kept to her business. How rude!

Hmm well as I said above she didn't have to help you, maybe she had an off day who knows (I'm not trying to defend her or anything) but saying to get a life isn't really modly.

It's the luck of the draw kinda, but most mods are nice kinda people.

However, people like Zezima...that's a different story. I look up to Zezima. He's practically beaten the game. But does he deserve the Mod Status. Probably not. It makes me wonder if when he gets a crowd around him that just want to stand next to a God...does he start muting people? I haven't heard any stories, but it makes me want to avoid him. If he is feels a little irritable, will he drop punishment upon his fans?

To my knowledge he was a mod but he stepped down for his own reasons. As I said above, the requirements are the same for everyone, so just because you have the most experience don't mean you should become a mod.

But mainly most mods are nice and usually what gets on there nerves (it would get on anyone's nerves) is people asking the same stupid questions day in day out and sometimes you just loose it (but alot of the times they can keep it in).

I wouldn't say that they "abuse" their powers. They're just stupid and ill-informed, which makes society all the worse if those who are supposed to be "enforcers" don't even know what they're enforcing.

Wait one minute mister. Where did you get that accusation from? Based form what?

The day I meet a pmod with a good attitude, then we'll see.
Define good attitude please.

But for now, pmods are useless and unecessary.

Who do you think gives the j-mods some of the feedback and helps in lumbridge and mutes the people who are breaking the rules?

Do you think they should be let to continue to break the rules (spamming, selling accounts, website trading etc)?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Sure, someone that isn't an [wagon], not on a powertrip, and doesn't demand to be worshipped. Believe it or not, that's actually pretty difficult to find.

Do you think they should be let to continue to break the rules (spamming, selling accounts, website trading etc)?

If it gets us rid of the pmods, hell yeah.

2480+ total

There are lots of p-mods, more than most players realize. Most of the time they're near you, training, working the ge, or just otherwise things that don't necesarilly require conversation, and thus you never notice them. The majority of p-mods just do their job quietly in the background, they way they were meant to operate.

Naturally, there will be a few who use the crown to stand out from a crowd. If you just got a p-modship, i daresay you would most likely talk at least a little more than you used to, show your friends, etc. This is completely natural unfortunately. As the old saying goes, "Power corrupts".

Sure, someone that isn't an [wagon], not on a powertrip, and doesn't demand to be worshipped. Believe it or not, that's actually pretty difficult to find.

Well I'm like that ( I think, I try to be helpful and kind to people, I don't give a dam if I'm worshipped (tbh it would be more fun to be hated) I know a few mods like that as well (well the kindness part not sure about the worship part). The time when I wouldn't be like that is when I'm pissed off about something or just not to bothered to do anything cause of the day I had (but when that happens mostly I try keep my chat off anyway)

And let Runescape be run by scammers and advertisers and people constantly complaining about it?

I suppose everyone is let to have there own opinion.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I find this topic pointless and pathetic. Instead of criticizing player-mods, (in which I have first hand experience with), actually put yourself in their shoes. First of all, being a player mod is totally voluntary and you can reject and give up the crown at any time, not even an explanation needed. Secondly, players mods are *players* first, hence the name: player moderator. We do not have to take direct action from an order such as yourself, for you on the other hand, should think twice before posting a pathetic topic like this, and yes, many other topics are exactly the same as this one. Who are you to judge how moderators are picked, you are not Jagex nor you are part of the p-mod community, you wouldn't give a flying rat's [wagon] about it. We want to play the game like all of you, we're not baby sitters or Jagex's children. We get put through a whole load of [cabbage], that is not an excuse, for it comes with the title. It is not based on our knowledge about Runescape itself, but the community, the rules, and the actual fun of this game, which you sir, have taken away my fun from today because of this pathetic topic. Why not post this on rsof, and see the response by many forum and/or Jagex mods? You just post on here, like your lame leetscape client and pathetic stolen images for stat images.

Have a nice day,

~Poet

LOVE is in the air - but which way is the wind blowing today?

Everyone must understand, most 'scapers are slightly smarter than the average snail and nothing more.....

We'll call leetspeak an accent..from a country

called "Stupid"

They abuse it. Last saturday I was at the party room, and I saw a moderator, and I called him a noob for no reason. Most people just shrug that off and get on with life (Except for a select few). 5 minutes later I'm muted for 2 days when Jagex clearly states in the rules that you cannot get in trouble for calling someone a noob. But it was all good, as I was un-muted within 30 minutes.

richter76.png

I find this topic pointless and pathetic. Instead of criticizing player-mods, (in which I have first hand experience with), actually put yourself in their shoes. First of all, being a player mod is totally voluntary and you can reject and give up the crown at any time, not even an explanation needed. Secondly, players mods are *players* first, hence the name: player moderator. We do not have to take direct action from an order such as yourself, for you on the other hand, should think twice before posting a pathetic topic like this, and yes, many other topics are exactly the same as this one. Who are you to judge how moderators are picked, you are not Jagex nor you are part of the p-mod community, you wouldn't give a flying rat's [wagon] about it. We want to play the game like all of you, we're not baby sitters or Jagex's children. We get put through a whole load of [cabbage], that is not an excuse, for it comes with the title. It is not based on our knowledge about Runescape itself, but the community, the rules, and the actual fun of this game, which you sir, have taken away my fun from today because of this pathetic topic. Why not post this on rsof, and see the response by many forum and/or Jagex mods? You just post on here, like your lame leetscape client and pathetic stolen images for stat images.

Have a nice day,

~Poet

Amen. I have nothing to add.

Have a nice day,

~Poet

Cosign.

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

Thread caught my eye.

-inserts 2 gp-

I'll co-sign too.

Alright, lets pretend you're in a moderator's shoes answering 10,000 questions a day where people ask the same question every minute. Do you calmly answer them, and tell them to look in the Knowledge base for more info, or ignore them completely and place them on their ignore list for being a noob?

Back to the point. Without us, the game will fall apart and jagex might have to shut the game down due to no authority in the game. Don't even say "Hey, Jmods can pop in the game and report when needed." Jmod's have to program, maintain, and add to the game, along process reports. Their schedule is far too busy for them to pop in game every single day to do what Pmod's do. Pmods are the first defense jagex has to protect the players (next to regular players and fmods). If you still think we're not needed, ask yourself, "will the game survive without moderation?"

-Steps off soapbox-

2008_121.png

Randompm1.png

Thread caught my eye.

-inserts 2 gp-

I'll co-sign too.

Alright, lets pretend you're in a moderator's shoes answering 10,000 questions a day where people ask the same question every minute. Do you calmly answer them, and tell them to look in the Knowledge base for more info, or ignore them completely and place them on their ignore list for being a noob?

Back to the point. Without us, the game will fall apart and jagex might have to shut the game down due to no authority in the game. Don't even say "Hey, Jmods can pop in the game and report when needed." Jmod's have to program, maintain, and add to the game, along process reports. Their schedule is far too busy for them to pop in game every single day to do what Pmod's do. Pmods are the first defense jagex has to protect the players (next to regular players and fmods). If you still think we're not needed, ask yourself, "will the game survive without moderation?"

-Steps off soapbox-

You are the worst player moderator though, can we get another one,other than poet to post, I have had largely good experiences with mods, except for the one I quoted, he has muted me 3 times, once without talking, and lied about it many times, so yeah, a few don't deserve it but the large majority do.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Back to the point. Without us, the game will fall apart and jagex might have to shut the game down due to no authority in the game.

:roll:

I highly doubt that.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm sure that some Mods earned it by stabbing people in the back....

But, most of my mod friends (i'm a mod) we have been playing for a long time and mostly reported macroers and spammers (just me and my friends that i have talked to say that this is the majority of people that they reported).

and the 95% thing, BULL. Maybe more like 5-10%

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

Did you invent pures?

Do you have a pet gold-rabbit called George?

No his name is henry you stupid jewish [grime]

No you stupid whatever religion you are. God, what kind of a world is this now a days? People making fun of Jewish people for no reason? Great :roll:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

People aren't perfect. You're going to have someone messing up the data somewhere. Mostly, player mods do a fairly decent job. There's always going to be a few though, that get the group a bad reputation.

I'd be willing to bet that most mods that get bad reputations stem from the fact that whiny kids complain about getting blackmarks "unjustly."

hzvjpwS.gif

Did you invent pures?

Do you have a pet gold-rabbit called George?

No his name is henry you stupid jewish [grime]

No you stupid whatever religion you are. God, what kind of a world is this now a days? People making fun of Jewish people for no reason? Great :roll:

Thats a play on something from South Park that Cartman says a lot.

OT: just more proof, that the biggest jerks speak the loudest. Oh, and more proof that 3_hit_U should be shot and thrown down a well. Then again, so do a lot of people in Tip.it. But then again, he's entitled to his opinion right? yes of course, but he always talks bs anyway, so lets let him throw flamebait to the masses that are TIF.

I'd be willing to bet that most mods that get bad reputations stem from the fact that whiny kids complain about getting blackmarks "unjustly."

Totally agree with you, I believe that there have been Player Moderators in the past (and maybe 1 or 2 in the present :x ) that have abused their powers and they have been punished for it. There are very few Player Moderators that do not deserve their status. Those few who do not deserve their status probably once did and have changed. I also believe many people look at Player Moderators in a bad light mainly because their friends (or they) have had bad experiences with them. I do get annoyed by being asked the same thing every day, but I try my hardest to act perky and positive all the time (even if I'm not). Personally, I've had many a person ask me for advice, and after I help them out, they usually say something along the lines of, "Your the nicest Player Mod I've ever met!" The problem with this is, usually the person saying this has either never met another Player Moderator and gets all of their stereotypes from their friends, or they have been on the wrong side of the law in some matter, and have never forgiven the Player Moderator for upholding their duty.

The objective of a Player Moderator is to try your best to be a role model and to still follow all of the rules and regulations along with trying to get everyone else to follow them as well. It is a very hard job some days, and no different than regular players on other days. This job sometimes chafes and no is perfect. Everyone has off days and sometimes seem rude even if they do not really mean it. You have to keep in mind that Player Moderators are Players of the same game too. Player Moderators are not Gods that can fix every problem they come across (even though some may wish they were). Next time you encounter a Player Moderator, please remember that they are made up of flesh and blood, just like you.

I hope that was a stirring speech, for I tried my very hardest.

If you did not guess while reading, I am a Player Moderator.

Also, this is my personal view on this subject, please do not think that this is the way any other Player Moderator feels, or Jagex in that matter.

99thievingsiggq3gz9.png

"Put yourself in a moderators shoes" You make it seem like such a difficult job to sit at a chair while playing a game and clicking the report button. Jeez if you're annoyed by the whining

a) ignore the person

B) suck it up,

once you logout thats it...being a mod doesnt make you any better of a player, wont benefit or hurt your life, NOTHING. Are they worthy? Who cares..if Jagex thinks they're good enough to simply click a button and mute someone...then great. Most I've seen are powerhungry and are probably the people who are socially handicaped at school, so they need to feel "cool and powerful" on some online game

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

TBH All the mods complianing, don't act like its a toll, you said it yourself you can turn in your crown at any time, yet you hate answering the questions. Really if your going to complian when you need to do your role, at least consider it from the view of the asker. A typical player who does what he/she does and when seeing a mod expects at LEAST a little authoirty over a sitution the player is facing.

Come on J-Mods put up with the same thing too, and they love the attention.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Where did any Mod say that they hated people asking them questions? Specifically said that, not just what you assumed from two lines of text discussing the subject.

I honestly don't see any self-admitted player mods crying about their job's difficulties, merely explaining it from a different view that most players don't even bother to contemplate.

The person asking a question has every right to expect an answer. I don't think anyone's disputing that. And, considering, that most of what a Player/Forum mod tells you comes straight off of the rules or Jagex themselves, it can be viewed as dependable. Otherwise, they could jeopardize their position for misleading people.

You make it seem like such a difficult job to sit at a chair while playing a game and clicking the report button.

Right, because doing those extra chores REALLY add to the depth of gameplay. C'mon now. Sure, it's not hard, but it's not exactly the most thrilling task in the whole world. It's tedious, regardless if you enjoy it or not.

hzvjpwS.gif

Where did any Mod say that they hated people asking them questions? Specifically said that, not just what you assumed from two lines of text discussing the subject.

I honestly don't see any self-admitted player mods crying about their job's difficulties, merely explaining it from a different view that most players don't even bother to contemplate.

The person asking a question has every right to expect an answer. I don't think anyone's disputing that. And, considering, that most of what a Player/Forum mod tells you comes straight off of the rules or Jagex themselves, it can be viewed as dependable. Otherwise, they could jeopardize their position for misleading people.

You make it seem like such a difficult job to sit at a chair while playing a game and clicking the report button.

Right, because doing those extra chores REALLY add to the depth of gameplay. C'mon now. Sure, it's not hard, but it's not exactly the most thrilling task in the whole world. It's tedious, regardless if you enjoy it or not.

Chore? Seriously? If it's not thrilling don't do it. #-o

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

Well, I simply disagree. The player moderators that I have met do deserve their positions. If there are any who do abuse their power, I would think they couldn't do that long before losing their modship. So someone didn't remember where Falador is.. I hope you at least let him know where it was. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png