Player Moderators: Are They Really Worthy?

@Dan3HitU

Overall, I have talked to and come into contact with probably close to 50 different player moderators. Only one abused their power, and only one broke a game rule. I think that's a pretty good record.

As others have said, it is impossible for jagex to be able to tell 100% of the time what a player will do with their crown.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player moderators are normal people too. They just have a silver crown next to their name and can mute other players. They have a choice whether or not to help or mute someone. Personally I've never seen any mods abusing their powers. Although there may be that 5% of them who don't deserve it, the majority are helpful and friendly

Money_Wasted.png

Yes they are worthy, in the past 2 years I haven't seen any P-mod at all that has done anything bad at all.

The only bad things that I've heard from are things like "I've seen that" and similar stuff without any evidence at all.

Somehow if a mod says something that could get recogniced as possible offensive in one or other way they get 100 reports of wannabemods and noobs on their name straight away.

And when I say "possible offensive in one or other way" I allready mean things like "You are very very naughty!!" or similar.

If they write one thing 3 times after each other it must be a autotalker straight away, if they don't speak for 20 seconds it must be a autoër, or the example I gave before it must be a lier, is it a pretty rich person then it must be a RWTer and so on and on and on.

Some peoples really act like silly just because they can't have it that Jagex did choose the one and not the other.

Now I got to say that I've seen pretty noobmods to, but I'd rather see a dumb/noob one then a rulebreaking one.

Player moderators are normal people too. They just have a silver crown next to their name and can mute other players. They have a choice whether or not to help or mute someone. Personally I've never seen any mods abusing their powers. Although there may be that 5% of them who don't deserve it, the majority are helpful and friendly

^sums it all up.

Now let it die.

priest_wiz.png

... Worthy of wearing the crown next to their name?

What's your opinion on the entire situation with Moderators these days?

Do you believe some abuse their powers?

Some do abuse their powers. Which is very unfortunate. Like muting people because they are in a bad mood, for no good reason. *cough*

P

ersonally, I think the majority (95%+) are unworthy of it.

Example: I came across a Level 9 the other day who didn't even know where Falador was... How is he helpful to the in-game community at all?

A level 9 mod that didn't know where Falador was? Weird. Although that is not helpful to the community, it is not a mod's job to tell people where Falador is. Mods are not required to know everything about Runescape. Granted, it is weird that he didn't know where Falador was. :wall:

35b9enp.jpg

why did this get dug back up. seriously guys, if it is past page 10 let it go :wall:

It still has discussion value.

such as? Most of the opinions have already been stated and now they are being repeated.

I made a topic about this a few days ago. It was locked and I was pointed to this one.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I honestly think the whole concept has run it's course and should probably be scrapped. Maybe thank the players who did it for a while with a few months of free members as like a severence bonus.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

why did this get dug back up. seriously guys, if it is past page 10 let it go :wall:

It still has discussion value.

such as? Most of the opinions have already been stated and now they are being repeated.

I made a topic about this a few days ago. It was locked and I was pointed to this one.

Read through the previously posted things then instead of saying something that has already been said and digs this up.

priest_wiz.png