The Majority of Rune Armour and Weapons?

Tbfgraphx14

Well, I'm pretty sure that rune kites, at least, are all coming from smithers. I don't recall ever getting a normal rune kite from a clue scroll. Plus are there any monsters out there drop a lot of rune kites?

I see 10 rune kites lootshared every sara trip

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Rune Full Helmets - Almost every higher level slayer monster. Jellies drop them, Greater Demons, Gargoyles, Nechryaels, etc, etc.

Rune Platebody - Most obvious example is General Graardor. You've seen how many people are fighting him... and he drops these plates left and right.

Rune Platelegs - This one I'm less sure about. I'd guess a large portion of these are smithed. K'ril Tsutsaroth drops some, but there aren't very many other sources of these.

Rune Kiteshield - I got ~50 kites alone from Commander Zilyana. I alched the skirts I got so I'm not sure how many of those I had. Ice Trolls drop kites frequently as well. I currently have 140 or so Rune Kites in my bank, all from drops.

Clue scrolls yield a lot of rune items as well, especially plates and legs.

Rune Full Helmets - Almost every higher level slayer monster. Jellies drop them, Greater Demons, Gargoyles, Nechryaels, etc, etc.

Rune Platebody - Most obvious example is General Graardor. You've seen how many people are fighting him... and he drops these plates left and right.

Rune Platelegs - This one I'm less sure about. I'd guess a large portion of these are smithed. K'ril Tsutsaroth drops some, but there aren't very many other sources of these.

Rune Kiteshield - I got ~50 kites alone from Commander Zilyana. I alched the skirts I got so I'm not sure how many of those I had. Ice Trolls drop kites frequently as well. I currently have 140 or so Rune Kites in my bank, all from drops.

Clue scrolls yield a lot of rune items as well, especially plates and legs.

Yeah, even F2P can get them. (Cockroaches)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Roaches only drop rune scimmies and square shields. I'd guess that they are probably the biggest source of said square shields(I don't know any other monsters that drop them, and I doubt that they would be as frequently killed anyway), but they don't drop any other rune items so most rune items come from members. Also, about clues, I believe that there are more people who ignore them than you guys seem to think...I certainly don't do them.

deathfish64.png

The quest points in the stat pic above this message is wrong, disregard it.

Rejoice.jpg

Yeah, everyone loves me!

Roaches only drop rune scimmies and square shields. I'd guess that they are probably the biggest source of said square shields(I don't know any other monsters that drop them, and I doubt that they would be as frequently killed anyway), but they don't drop any other rune items so most rune items come from members. Also, about clues, I believe that there are more people who ignore them than you guys seem to think...I certainly don't do them.

I know, but that is definetely a good source of Rune items. The other main source is Fire giants.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Now? NPC's. 2 years ago? Smithers. I know for a fact that 1 smither supplied 10 people 100 sets a week, me being one of those 10. And that was just 1 smither, and he wasn't even on a lot compared to some other level 99 smithers at the time. Getting a discount on the sets and selling them for more was how i made my money 2 years ago, but now, I don't think it's even profitable to train with such methods. NPC's do drop a lot of rune, and if you can just think about all the people who are training combat/training slayer/doing clues, you could imagine how much rune is dropped.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I don't think the body/legs are coming from monsters. Someone already pointed out there are precious few monsters who drop those items. They also aren't coming from stores (the guy who gives dragon slayer in edge and the champ guild) because the market price fro rune armour has been cheeper than those stores for over 3 years. I think that most of the bodys are coming from clue scrolls, and many legs too. From my personal experiance, full helms, plate bodys, and platelegs are teh most common rune items from TT. After that you have smithers, who I hear make plenty of platelegs, though I expect a few have enough money from other things that they will smmith platebodys too because it is faster.

I think the for the plate body/legs you get from TT>smithing>monster drops

I think for the full helm TT>monter drop>smithing

For all else monster drop>TT>smithing though that could be TT>monster drop>smithing

I didn't put shops in because that would require examining all teh store and GE prices which wont happen right now.

I would assume that there would have been a large surge as soon as a lot of people started getting 99 smithing back in RSC, where massive profit could be made easily. That wouldn't be a main source today, but it probably set up the market.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I've gotten 8 of each rune plate and legs from clues. I'm inclined to think that the majority of rune comes from them. Although I do get quite a lot of rune full helms from Slayer. I think that rune actually being smithed isn't much of an impact on the total amount in the economy.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

They don't come from me as I alch it as soon as it falls on the floor :)

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Now? NPC's. 2 years ago? Smithers. I know for a fact that 1 smither supplied 10 people 100 sets a week, me being one of those 10. And that was just 1 smither, and he wasn't even on a lot compared to some other level 99 smithers at the time. Getting a discount on the sets and selling them for more was how i made my money 2 years ago, but now, I don't think it's even profitable to train with such methods. NPC's do drop a lot of rune, and if you can just think about all the people who are training combat/training slayer/doing clues, you could imagine how much rune is dropped.

This.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Slayer, clues and rune mining I say.

Rune chains = abby demons mainly (stick them on the g.e. and they usually sell within 30 mins for that extra 1.5k \' )

Rune legs/plate = clues

Rune full helms = greater demons/gargoyles

Rune mining also in general, the ores always sell for smithing purposes, exchanging for tokkul, etc. they'll always be in demand

2vuhgcn.png

Like everyone has said above, clue scrolls and monster drops.

I'd have to say that i think clue drops would be the MAIN source of all the rune. I guess a lot of it just cycles around from player to player a lot.

Yeah, it's mostly drops and clues, but I think that not enough people are buying it for people to sell it, a lot of it is alched. Most of it just cycles around as people grow out of it...

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Whats more often dropped, rune ore (through mining, monster drops, crystal keys etc), or rune items through monster hunting? Which ever is higher = best way that rune items enter the game.

I reckon its mining/ore drops. Rune ore sells instantly, while rune sets do not.