Night-time Could Be Arriving...

Leoo

For those who had experienced the Halloween Event/Quest in HD will notice that Draynor Village, Port Sarim and Rimmington have been setted into the dark. Could this give the potential for the rest of the entire RuneScape world the nightly glow? Would Jagex consider releasing RuneScape in its night form?

What I have just said there shows that it is possible to get the night effect. But what made me actually post this prediction, is the clue in the Halloween themed banners, which some of you may haven't realized.

I've seen the sky in the background daytime in the banner, this morning and now, its nighttime in the UK, the sky in the background is now night-time. Here are both of the banners:

(right click > view image (if they don't appear below))

Day-time sky:

head_image_halloween_d.jpg

Night-time sky:

head_image_halloween_n.jpg

Also I doub't this has anything to do with it. But I could help noticing the 'sun' and 'moon' symbols in the header:

header_short.jpg

What do you think? Any speculations? And maybe even sugguestions..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all, TC included, realise it is just for the halloween atmosphere which is traditionaly dark/at night. But this does show nighttime would be possible. Years ago I thought they should this into the game and make monsters more powerful during the night but keep the roads as a safe zone where monsters wont wander unless they are already attacking. I figured a 2 hour rotation would work. You don't want it real time because then some people always play at night and many only play mostly during the day.

I was very impressed with what they did. I thought of it as just a new unique atmosphere more than just Halloween spirit. I would be ecstatic if they implemented this into the game, it would add a new, much more realistic touch to some things. Although I don't know how difficult it would be to set it on a cycle relative to your time zone, maybe just add the option to change it to nighttime.

Add street lamps and lights in the windows in cities, and it would create a feel that I'd really enjoy ;)

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

OMFG thank you so much, I honestly though i was going crazy. This morning i see it and think to myself: "i swear there was a moon, i better take a screenie to double check" and now i see this. for a second i actually doubted myself..."am i playing too much runescape?".

anyways thanks for proving im not turning into a maniac, yet, and yea it looks pretty cool if they did do it. maybe some quests/monsters come out in the dark? :ohnoes: that would be INTENSE!! :geek:

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

ZOMG WOW IT'S DARK?!?!?!?!?!

you guys do realize that everywhere across the salve is dark right?

so obviously making it dark is possible

i really fail to see the significance here

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

When I only saw the night image, while the other one seems to be broken, I facepalmed bad, but I supposed if there's both night and day, then they might be doing it. Unless it affects gameplay as opposed to just graphics, I don't really care.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

ZOMG WOW IT'S DARK?!?!?!?!?!

you guys do realize that everywhere across the salve is dark right?

so obviously making it dark is possible

i really fail to see the significance here

He is talking about the idea of implementing a night/day system in Runescape. If you bothered to read the post you would know....

also...

Rimmington, Port Sarim, and Darynor usually aren't dark.... and I don't think that walking towards the Salve makes the screen progressively darker... I thought that was pretty cool.

erasig.jpg

Jagex proved that they can make it look night-time. Make it a bit more darker, and a bit more blue-ish than what they did with the halloween towns, and you got yourself night. If jagex wants to do, it'll happen, they have the technical ability to do it.

2480+ total

1. Yes it is possible for RS to include night time

2. It may or may not be a clue, but it's also halloween, so it's probably not, and usually people do trick-or-treating at night when it's, well, spooky? As i'm sure you wouldn't be scared by someone in an outfit in daylight :? well, you'd hope so wouldn't you? #-o

3. The glowing circle you claim to be the sun could also just be a glowing energy ball from her wand - so I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly ;)

2vuhgcn.png

I think that nightime is highly possible, but because of the huge time difference that's going to prove a challenge.

I think that maybe Jagex could implement 25 worlds (of course members only) to be permanently at night with some advantages and disadvantages while daytime would have its own too. I have to say, nightime in Runescape is way better than daytime.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I hope they do and make light sources have a bit more impact on surrounding areas.

Imagine having light effects like when you go to tears of guthix in certain areas due to the lights. As an example magical blue torches or something. Not over the top but just to spice things up a bit. It makes clothes look alot nicer. Even just normal orange torches do..

I was impressed by the halloween effect and pretty obvious its a tester. If they intend to add it or not as a night/day time system. See peoples reactions and get feedback. We are beta testing it. Best way when millions people doing it..

There are already 'dark' areas but not like how this works.

Day and night time sounds like a great idea! Also, I don't think it will be as hard for Jagex to do as some of you are making out. Each world is in a different place on the Earth and therefore have different time zones, so they could make it dark from 7am to 7pm on each time zone. So for example, on an English world, night time would go from 7 till 7 GMT. And on an East American world night would go from 7 till 7 GMT-5. So it seems fairly simple to me (or am I completely missing the point?) :oops:

I'd like it better if there was an ingame timezone for all worlds. And because of this, add features that only occur at night or such. For example, muggers thieves don't come out utill night. The streets of Varrok crawl with gang members at night, along with tramps and such. Would be an epic update.

hopesolopatriot.jpg