Night-time Could Be Arriving...

Leoo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is next after Day/Night? Weather effect? Rain? Snow? Hail?

I find this thread very interesting. I am not one for speculation on new skills but for some reason basiliko's post sparked a note on everyone's "Sailing" future skill.

Night/Day would be a huge factor in the skill itself as seas' and currents are affected by the moon and time of day. Time of day could bring randomized weather into play as well as that would be another factor in the skill. I am not usually one for guessing every new thing is a hint but this would be a good "beta" for time of day.

If not it was a cool effect for the event. We knew it was always possible, lol, dungeons and other places are dark so lighting is not a prob. They did a fantastic job with the lighting tho as mentioned!

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Its just a nice effect, i really doubt that it will actually come in game. I don't really see the point of it its hard enough to see some things already. If you want day/night go to canfis, or adjust your brightness lol.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Not another useless speculation thread. :wall:

Not another useless post. :wall: -.-

This day and night thing does look interesting, but I have to say I would hate it if they brought it out without an option to turn it off. It could really get very annoying, and I would probably never use it.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

More things to consider:

1) Mortanya has far more shadows than the rest of the world

2) Last year's Halloween resulted in everything turning black closer to the Black Poh portal

It seems like a good idea but the whole "night time while it's night time where you are" just seems like a terrible idea.

A more realistic approach would be to have servers have daytime and nighttime at intervals of every 2 hours or so. A lot of treasure trail hunters would be mad to use their sextant to see the sun isn't there :( .

Trapt45.png

2. It may or may not be a clue, but it's also halloween, so it's probably not, and usually people do trick-or-treating at night when it's, well, spooky? As i'm sure you wouldn't be scared by someone in an outfit in daylight :? well, you'd hope so wouldn't you? #-o

;)

Not true

An intern for one of my local radio stations got arrested on Halloween for trick-or-treating in a Bumble-Bee costume at 7am.

An intern for one of my local radio stations got arrested on Halloween for trick-or-treating in a Bumble-Bee costume at 7am.

:lol: :D :lol:

OT: two things:

one: FAQ means frequuently asked questions so you might want to change those F's to Q's on your FAQ post (unless you mean 'frequent question')

Two:

Dontdoit.png

Dueling anywhere now exists, as does the wild seeing as you can PK there once again

so that list isn't very... um... worth posting (imo)

Sweet idea

Off Topic: Varrock is suppeosed to be the largest F2P city, but it only has about 45 human NPCs...

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

for me its just to add to halloween feel, we could also say gyspys are coming to rs who dont feed their oxens.

uumm, they kinda already did in the halloween event? well witches with skeletal ox are pretty much the same thing.

id love day and night, i expect it would be based on server insted of each person.

it could also lead to new monsters that only come out at night?!

I don't if this is new or ancient, but the shadows of trees, buildings etc. move from time to time, it's like the (hypothetical) sun is moving.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg