BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

[hide=]

something that i dont think you mentioned was that if you do not have a spec weapon and are tanking the task that enhanced excalibur would probably be worthwhile since it increases both hp and defense

sorry if that is mentioned but i didn't see it

Last time he updated this guide was pre-Enhanced Excalibur.

[/hide]

oh alright well that would explain why it isn't in there but definately should be added. Other then that though great guide :thumbsup:

Rob1118.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an image of a safespot location for ranging turoths in the slayer cave as no-one seems to believe me when i say there is one.

Feel free to add it if you want.

[hide=]nyik46.png[/hide]

[img=http://i39.tinypic.com/nyik46.png]

-Edit-

Nice guide by the way, it has helped me out on new tasks that i had no clue about completing. =D>

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...

There's just one thing you missed... Terror Dogs! :o I hate those little things and you can't use prayer on them :cry: I have to use melee on those things and its kind of annoying. Please add to it!

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

• 2 weeks later...

i the almighty range slayer has discovered an effective method for ranging dark beasts. no need for prayer they can be safespotted fairly easily. with void and broad bolts i seem to kill them fast enough at 92 range. i will put up an image of the safespot and 2 dark beasts respawn in this area so there is no need to wait. you may need to run up the corridor and lure one of them in though because he wanders off. i always bring enhanced excalibur when ranging for all tasks. it allows me to take a few hits and i also gathered a whole heap of mourner robes (no legs) so i could drop them when i arived for 5 more spaces. i seem to find range spots fairly easily lol.

DarkBeasts.jpg?t=1247375231

the safe areas are in most of the shadows which i can be seen standing in. 1 or 2 squares are not safe and there is also another safespot to the north where there are lots of rocks. i discovered that the dark beasts cant have effective mage range when maging over rocks or other cover.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well how about chaos dungeons fire giants. There is no-one usually + you can find couple safe spots(if you know how to ''lure'' giants to their places takes like 10mins to get it to your head). Also multi there so it could be a good place.

Pretty sure setting up a cannon in the resource dungeon and standing across the gap is better.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sick guide. Love it.

Under "A General Comparison of Ranged Weaponry", add CCB

Holy hell. I wrote this a long time ago. i just came back to Runescape guys. I didn't even know this thread still lived. I"m a noob again people, it goes full circle. Still got my account but, I have barely any idea what I previously wrote. Of course, most of this is out of date, but damn. I'm glad to see it helped a good amount of people. I wonder if people can still learn from this stuff? o.o Thanks to anyone who actually kept this alive. Hopefully it still teaches something. I won't be updating this anytime soon. If I do, it'll be a very long time from now. Just thought I'd post because of how surreal this is.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• 1 month later...

I love this guide, been using it for a long time and most of it does still stay true .

One thing, if you do end up updating it again, You should definitely add the use of a Full slayer helm, with the focus sight it's a great bonus for doing ranged slayer, giving the 15% ranged bonus.

NYANYANYANYAN.png

Rye_Reeter.png

Just thought I mention. An almost complete revision of this guide will come once I finish up 99 Slayer. I'll probably write it while I'm skilling so I'll have a bit of time. I look forward to it myself :) Time to hop back on the Range-Slaying wagon!

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, small update here. I am already 99 Slayer, for those who don't know, and am now working on rewriting this guide due to some very nice people messaging me and telling me that they'd like to see it back. I am already done rewriting up to the Greater Demon part of the guide but I still have a ways to go, including adding the new tasks that were added in my absence with the addition of Kuradel.

The guide will be rewritten soon, but will only be released when it is fully done. A Dark Beast section will also be added.

Now, the only bad thing is that with the addition of the Slayer Helm affecting Range, the Experience Rates are all completely off and have to be redone individually. Another snag is that I have to be on task to recieve this bonus and get accurate experience rates. This severely hampers the rate at which I can get these done, and because of this, will be added after I release the "meat" of the guide. Sorry guys, but now it's not as easy as me going to a task and getting the Exp Rates, I have to actually wait till I get said task. These will be added, but will be added much later.

Once again, thanks to all those who wanted to see this guide back and those who kept the topic alive all these years.

I look forward to bringing you guys the "Range Slaying Guide-Revisited". :)

Edit:And also, I wonder if anyone can help me with this. When I try to edit my first post I get the error that I "cannot use that image extension on this forum". Any fixes? Probably has something to do with my absence.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Edit:And also, I wonder if anyone can help me with this. When I try to edit my first post I get the error that I "cannot use that image extension on this forum". Any fixes? Probably has something to do with my absence.

Means whatever you're trying to link to in your image guide isn't a proper image. Let me have a look.

EDIT: fixed it for you. One of the URLs typo'd .png

hzvjpwS.gif

Means whatever you're trying to link to in your image guide isn't a proper image. Let me have a look.

Thank you very much Kimberly :) I can't imagine what that would be as I only tried to edit the title.

Edit:Thanks :) New title inbound!

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• 2 months later...