BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

hm, I hadn't thought of mage defense. I was thinking of Prayer gear. That could work, although surviving those 15 minutes might be a bit hard.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At miths wouldn't it be smarter to switch to diamond after it's about half dead? At low hp ruby specs barely do any damage so it's not worth the hp drain. And using Protect from Mage when ranging is stupid. Praying melee and standing in melee range is way smarter.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

As i've stated before, I'm not expierienced in mithril drags so I apologize about that section being lacking. And that picture was provided to me, probably a mistake. :-#

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

You can also kill Fire Giants in CT.There is a safespot in the middle room.You can kill the left giant then the right one, they'll never be able to reach you, unless you wander into another firegiant's territory.I've also noted the Dust Devil safespot on the map; it's near the teleport to the giant rats.Remember to pick your bolts after the dustie is dead. Room 16->firegiants.Room 8->dust devils.

vfe6mt.png

(Map from Tip.it)

Yeah that's the dust devil spot I used in the guide. ::'

As for the Fire Giant one, it's a pain to get to, but I'll add it to the guide when I have the chance. :D

Edit: And do you mind if I use your little map?

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The map itself is from Tip.it. I just edited it a bit in paint; you can use it in the guide ofcourse.You have to go through 1 room , to get to the firegiants.You have to enter the middle-north rift, the one near the bears&bronze arrows respawns.Upon entering some moss giants will greet you.Just go down, then west into the safespot.

awesome guide! <3: \'

one of the best i've ever read actually :)

i was thinking about trying to max range through slayer anyways, then this guide makes that on my goal list :)

thanks for making this guide

-ryan31rjk-

Ryan31rjk.png

[hide=]24x Dboots/28x Whips/6x Dbows

50+ Dk drops

99 Cooking achieved 25th of Janurary #52114 to 99.

99 Hunter achieved 21st Feburary #7216 to 99.

99 Defence achieved 7th July #48009 to 99.

99 Hitpoints achieved 5th August #60299 to 99.

99 Attack achieved 14th August #70001 to 99.

99 Strength achieved 2nd September #100069 to 99. [/hide]

Nice guide, well organised!

Just one note: Abberant Specters are safespottable. If you attack them while standing next to the wall at the stairs leading up to the Gargoyles, there is one square, where they will not be able to attack you, but you will be able to attack them (and they won't walk away.) I believe it was the square next to the last bit of the wall, but I'm not completely sure.

Aurei_Animus.png

Very nice, extremely detailed, I like.

You wouldn't happen to know some great spots for using a cannon and 150k cannonballs would you? Preferably with drops that give me 1/2 my money back or a spot where i'll get lots of charm drops :thumbsup:

10/10

2vuhgcn.png

Robin I have to say, I love you and kinda hate you at the same time :) . But more love.

ITS A RANGED SLAYER GUIDE WITH TANKING!

...and cannoning.

It's a very good guide, for that, 10/10, but for telling people to use a cannon? 9/10.

I avidly hate the cannon, it gives no hp xp, and it's just so expensive. I was SURE slayer was for money, not for loss.

But since you added it I guess it makes it better. :?

I gotta compliment the tanking. Noone really counts tanking when you slay.

Oh and for people who are a bit poor, and cant cannon kalphites, there's a .."safe" like thing using the stalagtite/stalagmite sticking from the ground at the cannon part for the soldiers. Much better xp. ;) Everything else I know you've listed :thumbup:

Oh and btw, how about enchanted emerald bolts on high-hp things with a high-ish def, to help aid the finish for lower levels?

Yeah so now I have a question for you robin..

If you had enough cash to cannon, would you rather cannon everything or rune cbow/broad bolt?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Weee lots of posts. :D

awesome guide!

one of the best i've ever read actually

i was thinking about trying to max range through slayer anyways, then this guide makes that on my goal list

thanks for making this guide

-ryan31rjk-

Thanks for the good rate. :mrgreen:

Nice guide, well organised!

Just one note: Abberant Specters are safespottable. If you attack them while standing next to the wall at the stairs leading up to the Gargoyles, there is one square, where they will not be able to attack you, but you will be able to attack them (and they won't walk away.) I believe it was the square next to the last bit of the wall, but I'm not completely sure.

I'll look into it, but I highly reccomend doing this task in the smokey well for the ability to use a cannon. Abby Specs are one of the best monsters to cannon as the herbs almost always pay for the c balls so it's like free exp. Even if you don't use a cannon, you could use a range training familiar for a bit more extra exp. There's really no problem praying since the drops almost always pay for the supplies used. ::'

very nice guide, im using it right know, just maxed melee but still wanna do slayer, if it hasnt been mentioned, the excalibur special is very usefull on tank tasks

very nice guide, im using it right know, just maxed melee but still wanna do slayer, if it hasnt been mentioned, the excalibur special is very usefull on tank tasks

Excalibur! I hadn't thought of that. Great idea. :thumbup: :D

Great guide, I'll definately use it when I get 99 Defence, mainly for the cannoning spots though.

Also the picture of the map leading to the Cave Horror safespot spot is broken, I've reloaded a few times but it still hasn't worked.

Yeah i noticed that, sad really. I'll take it out right now and try to get another one later. Ty for the comment though. ::'

Very nice, extremely detailed, I like.

You wouldn't happen to know some great spots for using a cannon and 150k cannonballs would you? Preferably with drops that give me 1/2 my money back or a spot where i'll get lots of charm drops

Ha sorry, I don't. I've never cannoned off task before. :-# Although as I said before, you can probably get all your money back from cannoning abby specs. Although the charms are lacking. Maybe 8-10 blue charms ever 180 or so. :?

Robin I have to say, I love you and kinda hate you at the same time . But more love.

ITS A RANGED SLAYER GUIDE WITH TANKING!

...and cannoning.

It's a very good guide, for that, 10/10, but for telling people to use a cannon? 9/10.

I avidly hate the cannon, it gives no hp xp, and it's just so expensive. I was SURE slayer was for money, not for loss.

But since you added it I guess it makes it better.

I gotta compliment the tanking. Noone really counts tanking when you slay.

Oh and for people who are a bit poor, and cant cannon kalphites, there's a .."safe" like thing using the stalagtite/stalagmite sticking from the ground at the cannon part for the soldiers. Much better xp. Everything else I know you've listed

Oh and btw, how about enchanted emerald bolts on high-hp things with a high-ish def, to help aid the finish for lower levels?

Yeah so now I have a question for you robin..

If you had enough cash to cannon, would you rather cannon everything or rune cbow/broad bolt?

Yeah, but instead of safespotting those, I was thinking that if you're going to safespot, might as well do the kalphite gaurdians. I think I'll put those in this weekend if I have time.

If I were range slaying, then if course I would. The cannon helps a lot in both areas of Range and Slayer. I fully reccomend using it on tasks when range slaying. Now when melee slaying, it's more of a choice. The range exp is considered "worthless" so all it's really helping is your slayer exp. So it does depend on how you're slaying. But for range slaying, I love it. :thumbsup:

And ty for the long post! <3:

Edit: And just so you know. In any pictures that come up these next few weeks, I will not have my Armadyl. Sorry, but I realised that I wanted to get max'ed melee before I started range slaying again. So i bought an Sgs to aid me in slayer and I'm loving it. So i'm sorry, but these next few pictures will probably have re used pictures or me in completely different armour.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Np from the long post.

And tbh this is literally my favourite guide ever. You have really opened the eyes of those people who think melee is the only way to kill ...everything!

The guardian safe is easy to find, and the xp isnt worth it in the length of time it takes to kill them - soldiers are the best for range (imo).

Np from the long post.

And tbh this is literally my favourite guide ever. You have really opened the eyes of those people who think melee is the only way to kill ...everything!

The guardian safe is easy to find, and the xp isnt worth it in the length of time it takes to kill them - soldiers are the best for range (imo).

Well thank ya. ::' And yeah, it's just preference really. Not sure if the drops are good for the guardians though.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Guardian drops are usually alchable addy/rune items; check the tippy item database.

I do know that they arent close to slightly often. And the length oftime it takes to kill, imo the soldiers are much better.

Heh, thank ya. ::' It seems that the initial big amount of posters is over though. Sad. :(

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Heh, thank ya. ::' It seems that the initial big amount of posters is over though. Sad. :(

yea prolly but now you need to do what kent does and keep constantly updating in order to get more posts and content, try asking for a charm poll or some submissions from tipiters or something new

a_final_name.png

Heh, yeah I know. Sadly, I have no time to both Update this guide and enjoy rs. So it won't be updated in a while.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.