An unanswerable question

mistywerty

It is my opinion through studying physics/philosophies and all that Jazz that if you took one of the dimensions away, time is simply an illusion, nothing more than a human perception.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is a constant, but our measurement of it is subjective.

Time isn't a constant. There is no universal time.

In saying that, you implicitly accept that the existence of time itself is a constant.

It's meaningless to say that something is a constant through existence, when that thing in itself is not a constant. In fact it's just erroneous, since we haven't established the existence of time. I was referring to time being a constant, which is a false statement. If you want to say that the existence of time is a constant you need to establish that time exists. I can't see how that can be done.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Time exists as a measurement of change. If it exists as a dimension is a totally different thing but since it is a means of measuring change in things such as chemical reactions it has to be real if only for the sake of measuring. For instance, the calorie is not a physical object but it can be measured.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Time is an invention by man. The fourth dimension. Came forth after the Big Bang.

Hmmzz, I'm gonna have to say... Yeah it exists, but I do not look at it like everybody else does, I believe it reacts more like a perfect fluid without impurifications, where we are travelling trough at a constant speed. Some factors may influence the speed of objects moving in that fluid, which can have side effects on the experience of the senses.

Ooh, it's so hard...

[hide=]To explain my thoughts about time[/hide]

DERBO_PK.png

nice.jpg

derbo_pk.png

Hmmzz, I'm gonna have to say... Yeah it exists, but I do not look at it like everybody else does, I believe it reacts more like a perfect fluid without impurifications, where we are travelling trough at a constant speed. Some factors may influence the speed of objects moving in that fluid, which can have side effects on the experience of the senses.

Actually, thats a very good way of looking at it from a practical point of view.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Actually, thats a very good way of looking at it from a practical point of view.

You're the first person to say that :D Yay me :)

DERBO_PK.png

nice.jpg

derbo_pk.png

Time is an invention by man. The fourth dimension. Came forth after the Big Bang.

What was before the Big Bang. Surely you cannot argue the Big Bang created some vague metaphysical concept ?

There was always time, if one uses the example previously give, as a measurement of change then one can argue, there was time before the Big Bang.

Time is fleeting, and those who witness it can say it can hardly be seen at all.

If time is a measure of change every instant, one change occurs for every atom in the Universe. 10 raised to the power of 800.

How can you even, record measure, compute and analyze those changes ?

Who is to say what changes, and how can you define change itself.