Tip.It Times Presents: Nowhere to Build but Up...

Turtlefemm

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saying that melee has reached a dead end is taking it too far. Maybe in PVP the god swords to dominate perhaps a little too much.

However, ancients can counter it... they freeze their opponent : opponent now cannot attack them: ancient mage continues to blast 30s...

People carrying a seercull can relinquish themselves from this trap but it's a pretty useless pking weapon in itself.

Another option would be to introduce new, HP increasing armors.

[dragon321]Make armors which increase ur hp, problem solved.

Assuming melee has come to far-too quickly in regard to PVP it may, in my opinion still flourish in other areas.

The monsters in RS don't have feelings, they won't decide they want to quit one day because they keep dieing. In short they will always be there to kill and players will want to kill them faster and more efficiently.

Jagex seem to be focusing a lot on boss monsters, eg; godwars, corporal beast, Jad etc. With stronger monsters we will need stronger equipment to make the fight balanced. Now i come to think of it though, if we get monsters hitting higher than Jad (97-98) we're inevitably going to either need a higher HP cap or HP boosting armors... :evil: :wall:

I don't really like the idea of increasing the level cap, especially to 199, the level gaps at this stage would be >50m each level and it would not be viable for 99% of the community to even GET 50m xp ONCE on one skill.

Alternatively jagex could make it so agility acts like another defensive stat, enabling you to dodge and weave away from your opponents attacks, like it is in many other games. They could also release a martial art, even though this has proved to be a controversial topic. <3: :thumbsup:

RS3 sounds kind of cool although I'd want it to have better graphics to make it worth starting over, better gameplay etc. etc.

I am all too away some of my idea's contradict one another...just so you know :D

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

I think they need to nerf the godswords and seriously update the range and mage armour/weapons. Mage armour is, at the moment, pretty useless-whatever happened to the combat triangle??!! Mages need a total armour makeover! Hp-wise, I would agree with the people suggesting another skill to boost hp, or making agility actually do something! Increasing the level cap would just make high levels even more ridiculously inaccessible. It's hard enough getting 99 in slayer or similar at the moment!

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Is that a leafblade sword in the video?

Just a guess,what type is it?

Top is the Vesta Long, and the bottom is the Statius Hammer

The longsword is like an ags with 4x specs and higher hit rate, and the hammer, 2x bgs spec.

Thanks, oh are they the new pvp weapons? my bad

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

think of all the people that have 200 mil in a skill would automatically gain like 100 lvls or would they raise the xp cap in which case it would become near to impossible to max out again a dilemma i know.

i liked that article though. they need to update wc =P perhaps a guild of some sort. id like some new construction stuff too :twisted:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I actually disagree with the writer.

For one, melee comes at a very high risk. To get those 1-3 hit kills, you are risking over 100m. Compare that to the 1m from mages or rangers.

Also, magic is VERY strong. Blitz+DDS is the STRONGEST combo in the game. Magic is a VERY powerful way to lower, hinder, stop, the opponant. It only lacks k0 ability by it's self.

Range, is different. It hits high constantly, accuratly, and has k0 ability. Look at D arrows and Dbow spec. Its proabbly more effective than melee.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

an idea i just got of how the hp system could be fixed is like this...

Your hp level wont be indikate how much hp you have...

Like for every hp level you get you wil get a couple of hitpoints thus givin you more health...

then all weapons should be changed to fit into it... that would make a huge difference because +1 damage wouldn't do nearly as much of a difference in a fight... it would make it much easier to balance it that way.

however that is a whole remake of the combat system, and i'm not sure if jagex wants to do it OR can do it, nor am i sure about how player would think about it...

but well that is the best idea i could come up with...

Increasing the level cap would be a very bad option, even if it is a tempting solution. It is difficult enough to get level 99 in a combat skill, raising the cap would make the game into much more of a grind that it needs to be.

No, I think that player tactics needs to come more into play than simply getting a Ultra-Super-Double-Plus-Platinum-Diamond-Serrated-Great-Blade of Incredible-Godlike-Awesomo-Victory and blasting your opponent, as well as the local galaxy, into a black hole.

rofl...too true. What Jagex REALLY needs to do is make a pvp minigame where the effectiveness of stats aren't random, make the combat triangle more effective, etc etc. Btw has anyone ever tried just FULL Ah with shadow spells from ancient spellbook? Mage attacks that lower attack and strength...Would be much more viable if ahrims staff could cast ancients.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

increasing all levels to 199 max would solve the problem

"Woot, level 198 hp!!! Only 5,372,498,211 more exp till 199!!!"

A bit short but relatively well written. Ranged does have a place in PvP, but it is only against ranged. Magic on the other hand has to be combined with melee to be effective - hopefully this will change over time. :)

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

A bit short but relatively well written. Ranged does have a place in PvP, but it is only against ranged. Magic on the other hand has to be combined with melee to be effective - hopefully this will change over time. :)

It would be ALOT more than that... Probably in the 10's if not 100's of millions of xp... :ohnoes:

Instead up building up, why can't we build to the side?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I'm not so sure things are too far out of whack. Gauging from the responses, I'm guessing that there are actually two issues being discussed, unbalanced melee on PvP worlds and melee hitting a wall everywhere else. From the two videos I watched, I would certainly agree that a couple of items seem to dominate on PvP. I think that domination, however, is short lived since those items breakdown (do they not?). I've only goofed around on PvP worlds a couple of times, only being brave enough to wear F2P gear. Restricting all PvP worlds to F2P limitations could take care of all sorts of unbalanced melee. However, I pretty sure that those that log onto PvP worlds are not really all that interested in "fair" or "balanced" play--they just want to win and take loot. That's why I've seen several packs of players on PvP worlds--they don't want a fair fight. In terms of melee hitting a wall, in general, well, maybe, but not in such a way that I'm too terribly affected. It seems that the trade off for the "big" weapons and the new "big" boss monsters is the need for cooperation. Even if a person is loaded to the hilt with the newer big weapons, those people still need their buddies to go after the big boss monsters.

I'm wondering if the real question isn't how to keep a certain group of RS players interested and happy in RS. I'm guessing that the answer to some portion of that certain group, from the game producers, is to keep "amping" up the power/fireworks of melee. Deathmath might have hit upon something that might only be important to a few of us. For some of us, it isn't just about slugging it out with some other person or some monster. We can stay entertained with the game longer than the "sluggers." But that extra time of staying entertained isn't infinite. I found this comment to be the hear of the issue:

"Jagex recently released their new update schedule which seems to build up instead of out. With more minigames and updates to pre-existing skills Jagex seems to be deepening the game rather than expanding it. With these new updates it seems they consider the game almost finished in areas and content. They are simply trying to improve its gameplay and let it coast into a state with only new quests minigames and interface improvements. This seems like they're ignoring the fact that they are in a corner with combat."

If Jagex is indeed only concerned with "sluggers" and those people are starting to get bored, then Jagex has indeed hit a wall, or are "in a corner with combat." If "sluggers" make up the majority of RS players, Jagex is in trouble. If those that play RS are more like me, we can find ways to stay occupied, then Jagex is still in trouble, since our needs are not being met with the decision not to expand the game.

What would be really interesting to know is what the average length of RS play is before someone decides they no longer want to play. If RS is a fast food type of game for most people, then what Jagex might be banking on is how to increased the length of the play, even if only for a couple of months.

Have I meandered enough? Have I taken something simple and really mudded up the waters? :)

n1407864037_168131_4289.jpg

What the heck is a Defense Noob and why is it a bad thing?

It would be ALOT more than that... Probably in the 10's if not 100's of millions of xp... :ohnoes:

Instead up building up, why can't we build to the side?

Why? Because we want to reach the Incomparable Gardens, of course!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

i thought there was quite a bit of repetition on the article =S but not too bad on a whole i guess...and while i do agree that mage is slightly inferior to melee i can't say that range is inferior...with the red chins one can train range very quickly while poorer peeps can use the bone xbow or mithril bolts...and the dark bow certainly provides one with the ability for 2 hit k0s. i've seen many people die to dark bows before which can hit above 50 quite often if you wear full void, range pray and drag arrows.

i myself was just thinking about the future of jagex and how it is unsustainable to keep expanding melee with better weapons...perhaps it is time jagex makes an update for the other skills such as mining which has almost never received a decent update (even the inferno adzne is like a rune pic -.-) and rune rocks are still the best one can mine...along with other skills where the max ability is of a level below 90 such as slayer and prayer...

one possible way for an expansion would be to introduce new prayers that can negate a percentage of hits especially since the current highest prayer ability is only at a mere level 70 which is pathetic when you consider that to get to level 70 only requires about 1m exp while level 99 requires 13m exp...another way which i thought of would be to introduce RS3 which someone has mentioned already but instead of resetting everything let everyone's skill levels transfer over in one way or another...yea that would be cool but a huge update =)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Making more hp would be nice. but also its nice to have challanges. cpl beast is good and all but often then not people die to fast and w/o warning which is funny dont get me wrong. but it does seem that magicks and ranged skill r being kicked out. on cpl beast ur ruby e can hit max off 100 at a slim chance, but when it comes to hitting players, u wont hit a 100 lets b real too.

Sees Chocolate should be a medicine on my life insurance plan

f_those_fers.png

good read as always ::'

i think that because of runescapes popularity it is harder to beat someone based on stats. it is more of a luck thing. there r just so many accounts. the first pure dominated and now everyone is making them and its just so much harder to make someone that owns based on stats alone. u always need that luck.

Good article =D> .I'm not much of a PvP'er but I do know that ranged is WAY underpowered.In fact the whole time I've been playing RuneScape ranged seemed underpowered.The only reason I trained range was for the defense from magic that the armor provides.Even with a Dark Bow your chances of hitting like people say in the 50's are slim and Dark Bow uses alot (half or the whole I think) of the special bar.Meanwhile warrior/magers like myself are getting four tries with DDS.Not to mention our hits with DDS have a max somewhere in the 40's.And with AGS we can get two tries (I think) to hit maxes of 70+.One of my friends hit two 70's in a row with AGS special (and once she hit 70 then 50,and the 50 wasn't even with the special)so obviously something must be done,no?(when I say "70" or "50" I mean the hits were somewhere In there) Mage is affective but only combined with melee or against groups (when using Ancient Magicks).Otherwise it costs WAY too much.

I think much of this may have already been said so you can skip over my post :lol: :-#

I resemble that remark!

Achieved quest cape for first time on: 4-2-09 WOOHOO!

Beat Nomad on 6-24-10 WOOHOO!.

331bfcd139.png

in terms of new melee weapons we dont need any that hit higher, but rather ones that hit more accurately. a weapon that has a high attack requirement that has a minimum hit yet has a max hit that is relatively low

give us the choice between surgical strikes and brute force.

for magers a spell that buffers incoming melee hits would be perfect, they cast the spell at the start of the fight, boosting melee def stats or acting as a shield of sorts, in order to keep the combat triangle balanced it would have less effect on range def bonuses,

If jagex raises the hp max, they they will come out with new weapons to hit nearer the max. The, They will once again have nowhere to go...unless they raise the max yet again. I think it is completely fine the way it is and should stay that way.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti