Range Haters United!

Danno385

because i don't like aviansies

i can only get up to about 150 bars a trip because i have to eat more than one peach on an aviansie most of the time. :/

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 more summoning levels and you never have to worry about that again ::'

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

11 more summoning levels and you never have to worry about that again ::'

and i'm out of charms :(

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Feel free to earn some more.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The best way for ANYONE to get charms: bursting rock lobsters.

DeviledEgg24.png

wow that is extemely expensive -.-

And efficient. Time saved allows you to make far more money then any other method of getting charms, thus making it the cheapest possible charm gathering method.

DeviledEgg24.png

Although this is sort of a continuation of being off-topic as previous replies, i'll post it here anyway. I used to think Barraging/Bursting was the fastest and most efficient way to get charms. I've no doubt that it is still fastest, but I now believe it to be less efficient when compared to Waterfiends (for most if not all people, depending on value of experience in their method of obtaining money). I used to use the comparison that Waterfiends broke even, and that you got 100 crimsons per hour at them. During Slayer recently, I have been getting them at a rate of about 135 per hour, whilst my profit ranged from 122-200k (averaging 170k). While I admit it won't be exact, I lowered the charms received by 10% as well as profit (about 120 crimsons and 153k profit). Using that as a comparison to Bursting, it requires you make about 2.47mil per hour to be more efficient. Comparing to Barraging it requires you make 1.57mil per hour to be more efficient. So it is unlikely for most players for Bursting/Barraging to actually be more efficient.

ydrasil.png

Two important factors your missing - first of all, slayer mask is no doubt speeding up your kills significantly (I still can't break 107 crimsons per hour, I hover almost exactly at that every time), and the 180k magic XP\60k HP is much more valuable then the 55k or so melee XP at waterfiends.

DeviledEgg24.png

Two important factors your missing - first of all, slayer mask is no doubt speeding up your kills significantly (I still can't break 107 crimsons per hour, I hover almost exactly at that every time), and the 180k magic XP\60k HP is much more valuable then the 55k or so melee XP at waterfiends.

Then how much per hour would you have to earn to make barraging/bursting more efficient? :-k :-k

oversized.jpg[/bads]

lul. Ijust hate rangers. for some reason, they are too overpowered in p2p imo. f2p, is kind of bad. sure, p2p can hit 32 with 2h and 99 str + pot and pray, but rangers hit 18 18 faster then a 2h swing = over powering melee.

the double monster thing does bother me when im training on my pure.

EDIT: how did this change from a ranger haters rant to asking about slay / hp xp?

Joshsolo1993.png

Joshsolo1993.png

Then how much per hour would you have to earn to make barraging/bursting more efficient? :-k :-k

Depends on how you value magic and melee XP. Different ways to calculate it with different results, it has to be done on a case by case basis unless you use the generic values of difficulty to obtain.

DeviledEgg24.png

I wasn't missing the factor of the Slayer Helm. I mentioned the fact that I was on Slayer and I also then dropped the rate by 10%. Maybe you are right though, maybe that wasn't enough. As for the experience, I also mentioned it may or may not still be worth "depending on how you value experience". So I wasn't missing either factor.

Having lowered the rate by 10% got the rates in my previous post. If I lower the rate by 18.5%, This brings it down to 110 crimson per hour, with a profit of 138.5k. I'll ignore Bursting, It isn't even in the running as it is less efficient than Barraging. For Barraging to be more efficient requires to make about 1.32mil per hour.

If you lower the rate by 25.9%, that means you get 100 crimsons per hour with a profit of about 126k. For Barraging to be more efficient requires you make about 1.12mil per hour. So unless you are saying the Slayer Helm increased speed by over 26% (which I doubt it even did close to that), the for most players, Barraging isn't the most efficient way.

Also, for the experience. It is about 126,500 Magic experience per hour Barraging while getting 67,500 Hitpoints experience from what I have done. With Waterfiends (reducing the rate I got on Slayer by 18.5%), you are getting about 70.4k melee experience and 23.4k Hitpoints experience.

ydrasil.png

Depends on your lobster spot; I find the 7 spot much faster XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

from how people hate range to bursting rock lobsters and killing waterfiends for charms :thumbup:

is ranging waterfiends any good? or am i asking nooby questions that high levels will laugh at me for? :roll:

arcane_stew.png

No, it's not any good.

DeviledEgg24.png

why is melee so good on everything -.-

alot of quest bosses you can't range

there are alot of enemies resiliant to range

where is the love? :shock:

arcane_stew.png

Range out hits melee at the same combat level, period. Melee is the weakest of the three combat skills by far. Proven many times, it's time you faced the facts. Just because something takes skill and practice to use effectively doesn't mean it is weaker - in this case, it means quite the opposite. If it's not working for you, then your not using it correctly.

DeviledEgg24.png

Because I trained it more slowly then melee...?

DeviledEgg24.png

Interesting idea, but a 99 mage can still compete with a maxed meleer. Against their combat level they are far overpowered.

DeviledEgg24.png

And some people think melee is overpowered and fast...Anyway, I just wanted to say that ranged people are fast and effective because they survive the "boring" training until they have a good level. Taking 2 monsters at a time while training is a faster way to train range, and doesn't everyone want to level up fast? Just go to a different world or something...However, since this post is for criticizing the ranged skill, I will follow. One big thing that I hate about range is that sometimes while training they get monsters faster while you train with melee. Changing worlds is easy, but it does feel rather bad that you are the one who must change worlds and not that other guy. Also during clan wars its annoying with the hit and run rangers who run more since leather is lighter than metal, but that is a strategy. Finally, I just simply hate the fact that range takes arrows. I know the skill has to, else it isn't range, but I just hate having to buy the arrows and pick them up. It wastes time while training...

And some people think melee is overpowered and fast...Anyway, I just wanted to say that ranged people are fast and effective because they survive the "boring" training until they have a good level. Taking 2 monsters at a time while training is a faster way to train range, and doesn't everyone want to level up fast? Just go to a different world or something...However, since this post is for criticizing the ranged skill, I will follow. One big thing that I hate about range is that sometimes while training they get monsters faster while you train with melee. Changing worlds is easy, but it does feel rather bad that you are the one who must change worlds and not that other guy. Also during clan wars its annoying with the hit and run rangers who run more since leather is lighter than metal, but that is a strategy. Finally, I just simply hate the fact that range takes arrows. I know the skill has to, else it isn't range, but I just hate having to buy the arrows and pick them up. It wastes time while training...

you feel my pain :thumbup:

arcane_stew.png