science and runescape

dragon246665

in school this week we started learing about light and the electromagnetic spactrum, what does this have to do with runescape? well...

at castle wars ever notice how, when looking directly at them, the portals from left to right are red green blue. Red is the lowest factor on the visible spectrum with longer wave lengths. green has slightly shorter wavelengths and is right smack dab in the middle of the spectrum and lastly blue, it isn't the absolute highest of the spectrum but its only competitor is purple but all in all higher then green and red.

theres not much to discuse here, just thought I might point it out

Rejected.jpg

Ummm I think that's just because green goes between red and blue because guthix evens out saradomin and zamorak, and red and blue represent the respective gods.

Plus, one example doesn't really do it justice, your forgetting copper + tin = bronze :twss:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

in school this week we started learing about light and the electromagnetic spactrum, what does this have to do with runescape? well...

at castle wars ever notice how, when looking directly at them, the portals from left to right are red green blue. Red is the lowest factor on the visible spectrum with longer wave lengths. green has slightly shorter wavelengths and is right smack dab in the middle of the spectrum and lastly blue, it isn't the absolute highest of the spectrum but its only competitor is purple but all in all higher then green and red.

or you could just notice that red and blue are the opposing colours, and used already in the ancient times (yes romans used red for their own armies and blue for enemies).. And still is in use nowadays?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

McCain Vs. Obama.

That's why you should always pick sara. \'

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

Ummm I think that's just because green goes between red and blue because guthix evens out saradomin and zamorak, and red and blue represent the respective gods.

Plus, one example doesn't really do it justice, your forgetting copper + tin = bronze :twss:

And coal + adamant ore=adamant bars

and coal + mithril=mithril

and coal + rune=rune :twss:

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

way to miss the point

copper and tin really does make bronze irl

that's what he was getting at

adamant mithril and runite are made up

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Since you bring up the coper + tin = bronze I feel compelled to point out another:

Iron + Coal (Carbon) = Steel (a crude form by modern standards where a steel alloy may have many other metals such as zinc, tin, chromium and others in addition to carbon).

There is no zinc in the game but a brass necklace does exist (which would be copper and zinc).

Red, green, and blue are the primary colours (of light). Green is often considered a nutral colour because it is in the middel of the visible spectrum being neither a warm colour (red, orange, yellow), or a cool colour (blue, indigo, violet). Red is accosiated with evil. Blue is often considered reds opposite, and is a cool and calm colour anyways. In this way the colours represent their respective gods. Zaros is purple, the true colour of rayalty and power (arguable).

You will note I said RGB are the light primary colours. These are not to be confused with the primary pigment colours (often said to be red, blue and yellow) which are cyan, magenta, and yellow (incidently they are the secondary colours of light).

After such things as gravity, light, and the copper alloy, there is not alot of science left in the game. There is the blast furnace, named after a real device (a blast furnace allows the creation of steel alloys, it does not allow less carbon to be used). Thats about all I can think of.

Red = evil, blue = good, green = neutral. These colors have always symbolized this and what do you know, zammy is evil, sara is good, guthix is neutral.

Red can also mean power or authority. Blues, whites and golds tend to be the colors associated with good. Green is with nature, and I guess to some degree, intelligence.

You kind of forgot about indigo. Purple = Violet too.

tfssig.png

I just want to say that Zamorak represents chaos not evil, Sara represents good and Guthix represents simply Guthix.

saradomin doesn't represent good

he represents law and order

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

or it could be because in all manners red and blue are opposites

red for fire blue for water

red for evil blue for good

red for blood blue for healing

red (wtaered down to pink) for girl blue for boy

Plus they are the colours of the two major modern rs gods.

Then green in the middle as Guthix is nature and balance (eg green) and sits between the "good" god and the "evil" god

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I just want to say that Zamorak represents chaos not evil, Sara represents good and Guthix represents simply Guthix.

Isn't that Armadyl?

Anyway, there isn't a lot of science in Runescape, although part of the elements of the game relies on science. Copper + Tin = Bronze.

I think the castlewars thing is just a coincidence though, people have been using the 3 colours to represent the exact same "morales" since like, very long ago.

Zammorack is the god of chaos. Saradomin is the god of wisdom, and Guthix is th egod of nature and balance (the first two represent 2 things each, I forget what teh other things are). Armandyl has been proposed to be the god of law and order, adn zaros, well no one really knows.

Armadyl represents Law and Order. Saradomin is peace. Sort of self-contradicting as Saradomin played a part in the Godwars.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Well there you go.

Saradomin: God of pleasentry, order, and wisdom (not good!)

Guthix: God of Balance

Zamorak: God of Chaos

Armadyl: Unknown, but believed to be a good God (not necessarily God of Good). Armadyl has similar philosophies as Saradomin and pivots with his view on minuscule points. However, he takes a more peaceful approach to law, order and virtue than Saradomin. While Saradomin may willing start war as a means of peace, Armadyl is more peaceful, though he still fought during the God Wars, though possibly only to defend himself and his followers.

Zaros: Unknown (not God of Evil)

Bandos: God of War

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

way to miss the point

copper and tin really does make bronze irl

that's what he was getting at

adamant mithril and runite are made up

I belive mithril is a real metal.

Why has this thread turn into the history of gods... :wall:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Mithril is just made up.

Adamant comes from a greek word wich means 'hard to handle' and referrs to the hardness of the material.

Also don't forget opal, onyx, topaz, emerald, sapphires, ruby, diamond, ... wich irl also can be found in rocks.

There is some 'science' in rs but definatly not much....

(I study Biochemistry & Biochemistry at the university of Leuven, in Belgium).

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Mithril is just made up.

Adamant comes from a greek word wich means 'hard to handle' and referrs to the hardness of the material.

Also don't forget opal, onyx, topaz, emerald, sapphires, ruby, diamond, ... wich irl also can be found in rocks.

There is some 'science' in rs but definatly not much....

(I study Biochemistry & Biochemistry at the university of Leuven, in Belgium).

then why can I say 'I'm adamant in my beliefs" because I'm not being hard to handle

Rejected.jpg