Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

3124 replies to this topic

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

Finally decided to give DCS. After watching a couple hours worth of tutorials on youtube (got to part 4 of 10!), I have established that I can start the jet the game comes with, and I can take off and fly it too. Landings however are a little iffy. I made three attempts. On the first and last I slammed into the ground 500m from the runway. On the second attempt I hit the runway itself, while attempting to convert stray carbon into diamonds with my landing gear. I and my plane survived this landing, however I did blow out both rear tires and I'm pretty sure I broke the landing struts for good measure (this landing would have been considered a 'tad rough' in microsoft flight simulator X I think).

I've also learned that you have to avoid the "I'm in a jet fighter, look at all the crazy stunts I can do!" mentality. It's one thing to watch someone fly a jet fighter, and another thing altogether to realize just how on the edge of control something like a simple banking turn at 30 degrees and slow speed can be riding the edge between gracefully turning around and performing the aerial version of a spinout. The Su25T does recover like a dream, but it can't turn super tight.

The level of simulation is fantastic, as in, this is a proper simulation with little to no compromise made for the sake of making the game more playable (like allowing hard landings). The planes are complex, the flight model is I presume pretty top notch. If you have a joystick or controller, and some spare time to watch youtube tutorials, it's totally worth taking a look at (and it's free, with the option to buy other planes).

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Bought Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Saga.

It has not aged well.

Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts

I tried playing that game again sometime in the last year...it didn't go so well. I didn't bother with that game, but something I do for older games like Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith is make a profile for the game in my graphics control panel, and basically just throw all the anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering at the game that you can. It's far from a perfect solution, but it does make the graphics look a couple years newer, and significantly less painful to look at in general. For Nvidia users, make sure you select a whole screen AA mode, not something that only works on edges.

I don't think it will work on battle grounds though. AA and AS only work on 3D graphics, and I think everything in galactic (and any other isometric view rts from that era) is 2D sprites.

I've gotten better at DCS, and it truly is a wonderful experience (that is making me wish I had trackIR. Going to buy a cheap webcam so I can use a software variant I think). I can land now, and operate all my weapons systems. I'm still terrible at the game (I keep getting shot at by things that don't have the decency to paint me with radar so I know they're there), but I've destroyed some enemies and evaded some missiles, so it's all good for now.

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

My father drives that on any road XD(belgium, netherlands, france, spain, germany, poland, czech, ...) ^^

(cause he's the only one crazy enough for driving them here+license haha ; )

Star-Citizen.jpg

Are you lacking epic space ship battles in your life?

I know I am!

~Star Citizen/Arena Commander 1.0

I bought it yesterday because it'll get more expensive come February as the VAT is slapped onto it. (Don't ask me how they sold it without before that). Funny thing: I can't even play it right now, my computer's way too old. But I wanted to get a new one in a few weeks ;)

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Bought Cave Story DSiWare not long after getting my 3DS two years ago or so. Bought the 3DS eShop version when that came out.

And now I just bought Cave Story+ on Steam.

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Started playing this game on Steam called Nosgoth. It's a f2p 4v4 vampire vs. human game, and it's pretty fun. It kinda reminds me of vs. L4D2, but it's pure TDM. It's early access so it's a little bit buggy but overall it's solid for a f2p game.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

God, I'd love that new Star Wars humble bundle, but I can't afford it...

Posted Image

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

God, I'd love that new Star Wars humble bundle, but I can't afford it...

Bro it's $10. tops xD
Luck be a Lady

darkace21
[ Display Name History ]

darkace21

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 355 posts
  • RSN:Aah

Finally decided to give DCS. After watching a couple hours worth of tutorials on youtube (got to part 4 of 10!), I have established that I can start the jet the game comes with, and I can take off and fly it too. Landings however are a little iffy. I made three attempts. On the first and last I slammed into the ground 500m from the runway. On the second attempt I hit the runway itself, while attempting to convert stray carbon into diamonds with my landing gear. I and my plane survived this landing, however I did blow out both rear tires and I'm pretty sure I broke the landing struts for good measure (this landing would have been considered a 'tad rough' in microsoft flight simulator X I think).

I've also learned that you have to avoid the "I'm in a jet fighter, look at all the crazy stunts I can do!" mentality. It's one thing to watch someone fly a jet fighter, and another thing altogether to realize just how on the edge of control something like a simple banking turn at 30 degrees and slow speed can be riding the edge between gracefully turning around and performing the aerial version of a spinout. The Su25T does recover like a dream, but it can't turn super tight.

The level of simulation is fantastic, as in, this is a proper simulation with little to no compromise made for the sake of making the game more playable (like allowing hard landings). The planes are complex, the flight model is I presume pretty top notch. If you have a joystick or controller, and some spare time to watch youtube tutorials, it's totally worth taking a look at (and it's free, with the option to buy other planes).

What is DCS?

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

It's $10 I don't have. And it is over $12 right now.

Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts

What is DCS?

It's Digital Combat Simulator, basically flight simulator but entirely combat aircraft (helicopters, fighters, and jet fighters). One of the DLC packages seems to be some sort of armoured division commander as well, but I've never seen that in action. For free, the game comes with the P-51 trainer (no guns) and the SU-25T, basically the Russian Warthog.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

Playing a lot of the older Command and Conquer games recently, my favorite being Red Alert 2. The memories of using a nuke missile will always be dear to my heart.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts

Playing a lot of the older Command and Conquer games recently, my favorite being Red Alert 2. The memories of using a nuke missile will always be dear to my heart.

Red Alert 2 is fantastic.

I remember the first time I played it not being able to figure out how to deploy the MCV. Good times.

I will always love the chrono troopers (or better yet, chrono IFV's), though the Grand Cannon also has a special place in my heart.

I think Star Trek Armada is still my favourite RTS though.

Medieval Engineers has a pre early access release tomorrow for 24 hours off the keenhouse site. You lose out on the "I own space engineers" discount if you bought SE through steam though. I feel like I might go for it though. It's not a huge difference, and I don't want to wait another week. I would like to know what the state of the game is though. If it's just the castle building blocks, then I'm happy to wait a week or two if it means things like windmills and winches will be back in the game.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Started playing this game on Steam called Nosgoth. It's a f2p 4v4 vampire vs. human game, and it's pretty fun. It kinda reminds me of vs. L4D2, but it's pure TDM. It's early access so it's a little bit buggy but overall it's solid for a f2p game.

Ello abomination called spork, i'm fork.

Add me on Steam "Kempomeester" if you want to NOM HUMANS! :3

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I beat Majora's Mask on my N64 about a week or two ago. Love all the symbolism and shit in that game. Makes me want to write my own theory on the game's messages

77yLQy8.png

L S D Outlaw
[ Display Name History ]

L S D Outlaw

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 145 posts

I recently tried AION which is a WoW clone all the way. Nothing special except its free 2 play :P

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

Decided to play some CoD:AW today, for the first time in about a month and a half. Went pretty alright. First game on i went 39-1 (somehow). Few games later i went on a 32 streak. Was pretty fun.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Neocron 2

Heroes of the Storm (I don't get LoL, I don't get this one)

Dirty bomb

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

Star Wars: The Old Republic is pretty nice.

And F2P.

Kinda makes up for not getting to play DA:I on my laptop, cause the cracks only work with certain CPUs.

Posted Image

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

Bought Trials Fusion last night. Love it. I had Trials Evolution on PC but my Graphics Card couldn't handle it. This game looks really good, and is super entertaining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users