Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

3117 replies to this topic

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

I finally bought Rune Factory 4 after much uhming and ahhing. I normally have no interest in Harvest Moon-style games but this one sort of enticed me as an entry to the genre.

Luck be a Lady

Kalphite
[ Display Name History ]

Kalphite

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:kalphiteman4

I finally bought Rune Factory 4 after much uhming and ahhing. I normally have no interest in Harvest Moon-style games but this one sort of enticed me as an entry to the genre.

Have you played stardew valley at all? That was my first exposure to the genre, I never thought I'd be into something like that but then I played like 30 hours in 3 weeks lmfao it's ridiculous how addicting these kinds of games are

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Have you played stardew valley at all? That was my first exposure to the genre, I never thought I'd be into something like that but then I played like 30 hours in 3 weeks lmfao it's ridiculous how addicting these kinds of games are

I tried it some time awhile last year when i had no internet (or any furniture for that matter). I didn't like it as much as I am liking RF4. 

Luck be a Lady

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,499 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Started Doom on PS4. God how I love the Super Shotgun, just a shame that it eats ammo. It really is quite different to most of the shooters I have played before.

Also, the maps are crazy. I think I explore all nooks and crannies and I find like maybe 1 of 8 collectibles...

Posted Image

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

Played some League of Legends today... been trying to level up my smurf accounts. My Ashe account is level 14 right now... but man my Ashe game is rusty and terrible XD. My Shyvana account is level 24, but the MMR is already near Diamond level because I'm constantly fighting Diamond smurfs... or when I'm playing with my silver friends, fighting Diamond & Platinum ranked accounts -.-.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

One hour one life

Hilarious concept. Its entirely online with no human NPCs.

You start the game as a baby with another player as your mother. As a baby you are literally useless, so your survival is entirely dependant on another player taking care of you until early childhood - which means you will get abandoned A LOT.

If you reach adulthood as a female character then babies will randomly pop out as players log in, as long as your in the right age range.

The meta challenges of this game are, how to sustain a society across time. Since you will die after an hour with no control over where you respawn next. The challenge is to build a farm that can support a large enough population to sustain. While not so large that food runs out or that you ravage the land. Because resources can be permanently depleted if you aren't careful.

So far the longest surviving lineage was 22 generations.

The game play is essentially don't starve on hard mode. But the meta challenges this game offers are what make it worth the buy for me.

Yesterday I was playing it and there was 3 generations on this farm I was born into. And nearing the end of my characters life 50 mins later, I realized I'm the new matriarch with 3 generations beneath me on that same farm

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

Getting back into Crusader Kings 2 a bit. Took a while to get back up to speed, as these games do. When I was last playing, my previous ruler, Alfred the Bewitched (A cruel and deceitful possessed lunatic impaler who was also proud, lustful, greedy, wroth, slothful and gluttonus, among other awesome things) took enough time out of being pants on head crazy to form the Kingdom of England before converting to Catharisim, a catholic heresy, because he had a crazy quota to meet. I think where I picked up (which is at least a year since I last played), my current ruler, King Eric the Just, had finished putting down some revolts and expanding territory. There is one county that should be part of England that is somehow independent, but I also have about half of wales and the southern bit of Pictland (Scotland).

Anyway, one of my aims right now, other than acquiring more land (I am shooting for the Empire of Britannia), is taking advantage of becoming Cathar to change my succession laws to Absolute Cognatic, meaning men and women would inherit on equal grounds. To do that, all my vassals need to like me, and while I've won many of them over a large group of them (rightly) consider me a heretic for being Cathar. But toward the end of today's session I remembered that I can revoke titles from Catholics, or anyone who isn't Cathar, without loosing standing with my other vassals because they're a different religion (tolerance!). Once I am no longer at war, I'll have a chance to clean house and ride the goodwill of handing out titles to changing some laws.

However, I believe I also need to wait until the next ruler takes over. I have only one (legitimate) son, and my eldest is Queen of West Francia and first pretender to the throne. If I became absolute cognatic, I believe she becomes the heir, and that would be bad (since her children won't be of my house). I think I would have control of her in that case and could transfer the ducal and lesser titles back to someone with a better line of succession, but I'd lose the King title.

So my line of succession is certainly a little tense right now. Fun times.

EDIT: The succession has not gone to plan. My planned heir died before he could ascend the throne, and as the only son of King Eric, the line of succession reverted to his elder sister. With no feasible way of keeping the Kingdom in the dynasty if that happened, I legitimized King Eric's bastard son, who as a man, would gain priority in the line of succession. Of course, he'd already had two children by that point, and since he was a bastard at the time, those children weren't of my dynasty either. Three nerve wracking years later, those two grandchildren had died, two dynastic grandchildren had been born, and Eric's bastard son was extremely upset with his dad over the whole 'child murder thing'. Then King Eric's daughter up and got herself killed anyway. However, I did manage to test it out, and switching to Absolute Cognatic causes the line of succession to run through one of the daughters to her non dynastic grandchild, so I did need to legitimize the bastard and kill my newphews to make this all work.

Anyway, King Eric still didn't want to die, so I've figured, what the heck. He has a lot of prestige, piety, and gold he can burn to take Pictland very quickly and form the Empire of Britannia (he's also the King of Wales now). He's now leading troops into battle at 66 years old, because this ruler is just way too awesome. Not sure I can keep him going long enough to get it done, but if he does, I think I'll figure out how to change his nickname from 'the Just' to 'the Great' to match his deeds. He inherrited a Kingdom in complete turmoil, the last king going crazy and all, and had to put down a revolt out of the gate. He's massively expanded the kingdom since, in between 'waging peace' against his own vassals and peasantry as needed, all while being generally well liked by his countrymen (I've managed to have no negative vassal opinion with him multiple times). Oh, and he's chiefly responsible for the massive surge in the power and spread of the Cathar Heresy, which among christian religions is second in authority only to the Orthodox Church (admittedly it's a big gap, but the Orthodox Church has the Byzantine Empire running it's holy wars, and more than one holy site).

b6brc9.jpg

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts

One hour one life

Hilarious concept. Its entirely online with no human NPCs.

You start the game as a baby with another player as your mother. As a baby you are literally useless, so your survival is entirely dependant on another player taking care of you until early childhood - which means you will get abandoned A LOT.

If you reach adulthood as a female character then babies will randomly pop out as players log in, as long as your in the right age range.

The meta challenges of this game are, how to sustain a society across time. Since you will die after an hour with no control over where you respawn next. The challenge is to build a farm that can support a large enough population to sustain. While not so large that food runs out or that you ravage the land. Because resources can be permanently depleted if you aren't careful.

So far the longest surviving lineage was 22 generations.

The game play is essentially don't starve on hard mode. But the meta challenges this game offers are what make it worth the buy for me.

Yesterday I was playing it and there was 3 generations on this farm I was born into. And nearing the end of my characters life 50 mins later, I realized I'm the new matriarch with 3 generations beneath me on that same farm

That actually sounds like an interesting game... although I would be a bit worried with babies popping out of me left and right when I hit 13 lol -.-'....

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts

Skyrim Special Edition.

I walked away from classic Skyrim a while ago when I ran into an issue with the sun shining through solid objects and broke my load order trying to fix it. It happened when I upgraded graphics cards, and I suspect it was a driver issue (as in, I would need to use an ancient driver to play the game now). I filled that hole in my life with Fallout NV and 4 while waiting for the special edition mod scene to get to where I wanted it to be.

But Gopher, on youtube, recently started a new Skyrim series in special edition, so I decided to take a look at the mods. It looked good, so I did what I've done in a past which is use Gophers mod list as a template for my own game, and then flesh it out to taste (I use his list to get an idea of what is available, and under the assumption it will point me towards compatible mods). I've got some old favorites returning, and some new mods to fill in holes by other mods that special edition doesn't have, and a lot more in total than I expected. I thought it would be 30-40 mods, not my current 80, with almost 100 plugins.

One of the very useful skills I picked up in my time with Fallout 4 is making custom patches. The problem you run into is that mods overrite eachother based on whole records/objects. For example, an NPC is an object. If one mod wants to change that NPC's equipment and another mod wants to change their appearance, only one mod or the other can win because both mods modify records attached to the same object. Some mods come with compatibility patches that solve these kinds of issues for you, but if there isn't one available, the only way to make mods play nice is to make your own patch by manually combining the changes from multiple different mods into a new one. One of the mods I'm using this time around retextures everyone (or close to it), largely because you can't make a female Breton who doesn't look 60 in vanilla:

This conflicts with a couple of my other mods with modify NPC equipment, stats, and quests. The quest one is really important. If the texture mod wins I end up with 'dark face' because the lighting or whatever doesn't match the new textures. If the mod adding the quest doesn't win, my game implodes. So I spent longer than I cared to fixing stuff like that. Learning to use TESVEdit to examine, and where necessary, resolve conflicts is probably the biggest skill I picked up for modding Bethesda games. You can head off a lot of bullshit by taking a gander at the conflicts provided you have a solid understanding of what the mods in question are trying to do.

Anyway, it took a couple days, but I think I finally got the game about where I want it. It looks pretty good, combat has been made a bit more interesting, I have a whole new perk overhaul I've never used, and some other gameplay is a bit expanded. So far, so good. Oh, and a bunch of quest mods I never tried out in the classic game.

b6brc9.jpg

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts

RuneScape - Trying out the Deep Sea Fishing Hub for the first time. I have to say that I like it so far, even though it's not nearly as AFK-friendly as Crystal Urchins. I'm hoping to hit 200m Invention this weekend though so I'm trying to raise up my Augmented Crystal Fishing Rod to Level 12.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

Started playing Path of Exile yesterday. It's pretty fun. Complicated. Steep learning curve. Figured it would be similar to Diablo 3, but really isn't. Very enjoyable though. 

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts

Started playing Path of Exile yesterday. It's pretty fun. Complicated. Steep learning curve. Figured it would be similar to Diablo 3, but really isn't. Very enjoyable though. 

I've heard many good things about PoE. Let me know how you like it after you get deeper into it. I'm curious since D3 put a bad taste in my mouth.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts

I have about 271 hours in PoE now, in just under a month of playing it. It's really good. I'm really enjoying it. It sort of feels like PoE did a lot of the things right that D3 did wrong. The game feels much more well rounded. Obviously there are some builds that are better than others, but for the most part pretty much any build can be used for endgame content given the right items and leveling. Itemization feels better. A tiny bit more complicated than D3, but you catch on pretty fast and start knowing what to look out for on items. The skill tree can be a bit daunting at first, but again you get the hang of it fairly fast and you know what to start working towards to benefit your character the most. 

The fun thing about PoE is that you can have 10 people all playing "the same" build, but their skill trees could be very different, yet equally effective as a whole. Certain builds still require certain core items, but it's nothing like D3 where if you wanted to play a certain build you had no flexibility in terms of itemization. 

All in all, i would highly suggest it to anyone that has an interest in that genre. 

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,499 posts
271 hours in less than a month? Pardon me for being nosy, but how the bloody hell can you manage that? That's pretty much 9 hours a day for a full month. If I no-life, I can maybe get 30 hours a week, but that is real rare.

CK2. Started a game with Socotra, currently still in full Nestorian isolation.
Posted Image

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts

No work and it was Ramadan, so no one goes out. Averaging 9 hours a day is easy then.

Matt258
[ Display Name History ]

Matt258

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • RSN:Matt258
  • RSN2:258 for life
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild

Mario Tennis Aces & Mario Kart 8 on Nintendo Switch |^_^|

Level 99 Skills 26/27 200M exp Skills 4/27
Going for 200M All Skills. QFC: 48-49-837-63099395

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Latinoking
[ Display Name History ]

Latinoking

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RSN:Latinoking90

I last got Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I am currently non-stop playing Fortnite.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts

Getting back into Kerbal Space Program with some mods I've not used before, like Interstellar, and MKS/USI (base building/base building logisitics, and life support). I'm also trying out career mode for the first time.

There's still stuff I've not done, places I've not visited, but it all uses skills I already have. Same thing, different destination. It struck me as I was getting back into the game that orbital rendezvous isn't a big deal for me anymore. I mean, I've been able to make two ships meet up in orbit for a long time (since the patch before docking ports were added to the game to be specific), but I've always been a bit apprehensive about it; it's something I would tend to avoid if it wasn't necessary.

Now it's routine. I built a Mun lander for my career mode the other day, and didn't think twice about making it an orbiter and lander configuration rather than landing the whole ship to make the design easier. I'm not the best at docking, far from it, but there is no longer any doubt in my mind that I can do it, and rendezvous and docking was really the last skill for me where I still had doubts. I can fly to orbit, I can get intercepts with other planets and land on them, and I join ships up in orbit.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. Colonisation gives my space program new purpose, and the mods give me new stuff to discover and learn. And later on, some ridiculously over powered engines.

b6brc9.jpg

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 930 posts

RuneScape, just doing my daily grind on my uncharted island... Currently I'm at 76m woodcutting and I decided that woodcutting will probably be my next 200m skill.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,499 posts
Got Yakuza Kiwami, the original. So far, pretty interesting, but I am only about 2 hours into it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users