What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

After reading Randox's posts on the previous page, I decided to reinstall Civ 5. I've had it for a while but never really played it until now. I started after dinner, and just now turned it off. It's 3 AM.

ihavenoideawhatimdoingthread_06af9676f19

I played as Alexander, and went for a peaceful, secular, educated society, which has led to us getting into the modern age with planes and mass media in the latter half of the 1800's. We only had one war, which was pretty bizarre. In the 1700's, the Arabs, who we were friendly with, told us that although they knew they were outmatched, we were at war now. So I showed up at the border and took out a few of their camel archers with my civil war era cavalry, and when I brought some cannons near to capture a city, they immediately surrendered and went back to friendly and pretended nothing had happened.

Also, the Russians were initially hostile for some reason, so I stole the Kremlin out of spite.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Trying to find the time to get another Civ game in. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of map I once. Naval Warfare has never been a strong suit for me in any game that wasn't Red Alert 2. I can handle space and land combat, but not water combat. But I like the isolation, and there should be continents. I also need to stop screwing up my sieges so badly. I lost a lot of time by failing to take cities and needing to rebuild my armies.

I did get the expansions for Fallout New Vegas, though I'm not sure what pace I am going to get through that game. Got back into it watching Gopher's fantastic let's play, but that leads to the conundrum that if I play while watching, or having recently watched him, it detracts from the game for me. I've not played it in a long enough time that a lot of the story and dialogue is fresh for me, plus all the stuff I never did. Right now I've switched to watching him play Skyrim because I'm not playing through the game from the start again any time soon. If nothing else, I want to start properly role playing my way through these games, which conflicts with me wanting to do whatever. The end result is that the characters who are flexible enough for me to role play properly are going to be just terrible. Not evil, but certainly questionable.

Like with my new FalloutNV character. She will fiercely protect her friends, and is not given to betrayal. But she doesn't think much of killing people who make her angry, and she is curious enough to poke around places she wouldn't against her friends, and maybe run off with a couple knick knacks. Right now I am in the REPCON launch site, though thinking about coming back with a better gun (higher alpha damage). Frankly, the Ghouls the have been condescending and racist, and think nothing of using humans for their own means. I predict bad things in their future as retribution, and bad things in the future of anyone else who tries to use my character as a tool.

My Mass Effect journey is well underway, I'd say I'm sorta mid-way now. I finished the first, cleaned up all the missions I could, except the boring fetch-qeust-type ones. Then I powered into the second and it's the only game I've played since I started it. I see how it was simplified and whatnot and I can see how people would not like that, but I kinda like it. All of the guns/upgrades were inconvenient and annoying to me, and I forgot what I had on people and I just stuck with Garrus and Tali full-time, because I knew they had the best of the best on them. This time around I'm picking a new crew for every new planet (Though I'm leaning towards Garrus/Thane, 'cause they're awesome). Though, I will agree with the badness of the simplification of the abilities, that one sucks. I liked the millions of options for that.

Plus my biggest problem, forgetting to save, was fixed, it's silly and I'm a sook about it, but I forgot to save, died, and was back to the end of the planet. It turned me off the game, so I didn't play it for ages. But yeah. 

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

You know what I really want to play... Killer Instinct.

Too bad I need an Xbox One for it. I've never been into fighting games, but I have a feeling I would love just messing around on this game. Plus, the announcing is fantastic. I just walk around all day yelling ULTRAAAAAA in my head.

Listen to Mike's Ultra. Hilarious.

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Does anyone else find it absolutely hilarious how much they're pushing Ghosts now that Titanfall is about to come out. It's $20 on newegg, and I'm hearing advertisements everywhere (like on Spotify, which I've never heard them on before). They obviously made too many copies. The funny thing is, I still doing think $20 for the game is worth it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Does anyone else find it absolutely hilarious how much they're pushing Ghosts now that Titanfall is about to come out. It's $20 on newegg, and I'm hearing advertisements everywhere (like on Spotify, which I've never heard them on before). They obviously made too many copies. The funny thing is, I still doing think $20 for the game is worth it.

I read somewhere that it actually didn't do as well as Black Ops II. I think that's the first time in the MW era that they've had one not sell better than the last, and if that's true, you're probably right about them making too many copies.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'm actually not surprised. Ghosts is the first game since MW2 that i didn't bother buying, and i doubt i'd buy another IW game again. Even though 3arc has their issues, i feel like they still make a far better game. Ghosts was a big disaster, in my opinion.

I doubt Titanfall will be the "CoD killer" as many put it, though.

Yeah, I'm not going to go as far as to say COD is done once Titanfall comes out. Half the hype for Titanfall is the fact that they've got ex-COD dudes on it (who devved for COD games that were very successful). It could be successful, and it just as easily may not.

And now they have three devs to do the COD cycle with the addition of Sledghammer. So we'll see where that franchise goes.

I used to watch a lot of COD gameplay. I found Black Ops 2 to be very entertaining to watch and to play. I've logged 14+ days on Black Ops 2. But with Ghosts, I unsubbed from all the Call of Duty channels because I just found it straight boring.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I miss the days of MW and MW2. The games of free for all is where I cut my teeth in FPS games.

So [bleep]ing excited for Titanfall tonight. I was so impressed by the beta. How well the servers ran...how balanced the game was ( I didn't find being a titan was OP) and just how fun the games were, they were so damn fun and exciting.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I didn't get to play the beta, but my little brother bought me the game, and I watched some gameplay. Preloading it now. Hopefully it's as fun as people said it was!

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Yeah, I'm not going to go as far as to say COD is done once Titanfall comes out. Half the hype for Titanfall is the fact that they've got ex-COD dudes on it (who devved for COD games that were very successful). It could be successful, and it just as easily may not.

And now they have three devs to do the COD cycle with the addition of Sledghammer. So we'll see where that franchise goes.

I used to watch a lot of COD gameplay. I found Black Ops 2 to be very entertaining to watch and to play. I've logged 14+ days on Black Ops 2. But with Ghosts, I unsubbed from all the Call of Duty channels because I just found it straight boring.

BO2 was amazing. Loved watching gameplays on youtube. LOVED watching competitive CoD too. And i played often as well. i think i have like 700 or 800 hours logged on BO2 which is more than triple all my other CoD's combined (if not more). The gameplay was very fluent, very fast paced, and very exciting. I've only played a bit of Ghosts in the start, and just couldn't find the same excitement. I love running assault streaks, and the assault streaks on Ghosts was a terrible let down. The fact that you died so fast also took away a lot from the game. There was nothing better than turning on someone in BO2, in Ghosts doing this was extremely hard. This just gave lesser skilled players the chance to do better, which i found very annoying.

Competitive also suffered a bit, in my opinion. With the removal of Hardpoint and CtF and the addition of Dom and Blitz, it's become very dull. Still entertaining at times, but not nearly as much as BO2.

I believe Titanfall will suffer the same fate as any CoD, as the majority of it's players will be (ex)CoD players. Cheap tactics will be exploited, and soon it will become another game to whine and complain about.

The only way to "fix" the current situation of these kinds of FPS games is to make a CoD actually worth buying, playing, and watching. Something in line with BO2 without all the BS. 3arc was on the right track, their only problem was their inability to listen to their community. Stop trying to make things easy for bad players.

Really enjoying titanfall. ONLY thing I could complain about is the shit matchmaking. Teams 80% of the time not balanced at all. I have no idea how to fix it but it needs to be better.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Lol! Those are pretty unique features.

I liked running around the city and on rooftops, so I knew all the ship stuff in Black Flag wouldn't be my cup of tea. But I can see how if you like that kind of stuff, the game is awesome.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Titanfall didn't disappoint so far. Asides from the slight hiccup in terms of update/download speed on Origin, it is quite a nice game if you are into that particular genre.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

On a different note to what everyone else is talking about, I've been playing Hearthstone and Dead Island: Epidemic. Hearthstone is a free-to-play tcg by Blizzard which is actually really fun and has cool mechanics. It's a little annoying when players with infinitely better cards beats you because they either paid for packs or have been grinding a lot, but it's still very fun.

Dead Island: Epidemic is also free-to-play but it's a zombie-smashing moba still in beta. I really enjoyed Dead Island (not played Riptide yet), despite its faults. DI:E is quite fun, but nothing to shout home about. Replayability seems pretty low so far, there's three game types and once you've played one game of each, it feels a bit like you've played them all.

• Like 1

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Hearthstone is a free-to-play tcg by Blizzard which is actually really fun and has cool mechanics. It's a little annoying when players with infinitely better cards beats you because they either paid for packs or have been grinding a lot, but it's still very fun.

Very true. It reminds me of MTG. But playing TCG on the computer just doesn't resonate in me as much as physically. Would recommend as well nonetheless.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

So today I found out that they remade the remake of Myst.

I was introduced to the series because my Mom spotted the 10th anniversary edition (first 3 games) in the bargain bin I guess about 10 years ago. She thought it looked neat and picked it up for me, and I absolutely fell in love with the games. However, I've never been able to get Myst to run properly. Getting it to run at all was an adventure, but I've never been able to get save functionality, and the game is unstable. A bad combination. I guess I never really paid attention to the realMyst remake, which remade the game using I guess the 5th games 3D engine (the first 4 are pre-rendered point and click, with the 3rd and 4th having full rotation where the first 2 are slideshows). The new remake is important because the first one is actually old enough that modern hardware still has a lot of problems with it. This one, the realMyst Masterpiece edition uses the unity engine instead, and they've added in some more features like day/night as well.

I never really thought I would get the opportunity to play this game, though I was considering getting my XP computer to take a stab at it after yesterdays adventure (though it would probably require the use of that computers virtual machine, and there would probably be issues as a result).

Now I can perhaps dream that Riven might get the same treatment (second game). I doubt it, but it would be nice. If Riven had the free rotation like Exile (3rd game), it probably would have been my favorite. Exile is really good, but Riven is amazing.

This leaves just the fourth game out of my collection, because apparently you have to be Indiana Jones to find that game. I have the second, third, and fifth games, and I'll probably get the Uru spin off games. Now I have the first game which I checked to make sure it would work (for all of 5 seconds, wanted to post while I am still filled with childlike excitement). Still need that fourth one.

• Like 1

GTA V with all the duped super cars and rank glitched up. Now im just that guy who goes  around trying to kill everyone in freemode Xd

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought the HD Remake of Final Fantasy X/X-2 because I have a problem, and also every copy they sell means they might remake XII as well, and I want that more than anything. But yeah, I've just reached Home and am loving every moment. But this is the point where I'm lacking a party member and things get real. I'm attempting to get the Platinum trophy, but a couple of things are crazy hard, so that might not happen.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Bought the HD Remake of Final Fantasy X/X-2 because I have a problem, and also every copy they sell means they might remake XII as well, and I want that more than anything. But yeah, I've just reached Home and am loving every moment. But this is the point where I'm lacking a party member and things get real. I'm attempting to get the Platinum trophy, but a couple of things are crazy hard, so that might not happen.

The expert sphere grid gives yuna black magic way early. Super OP. Also i hate how the game isnt meant to be beat before miniquests are done. Got to Jecht at 40 hrs playtime but i had to go do the monster arena and acquire Anima because his stupid attacks could 1 shot my whole party

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?