Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

3125 replies to this topic

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
If you want to kill Gogo, the mimic, i think the only reliable way is to do so is to use a silence brew with your chemist, golem and blink on you (i don't know if he is immune to blind), and go forth with holy, meteo, Syldra with magus rod and Physical attacks.

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,015 posts
Borderlands 2 arrived around an hour and a half ago. Pretty good and fun so far. Initially picked Axton, but it's looking like I'll hop to another character as one of his kill quotes is 'Cool story bro'. Also have to kill MINAC at the end of Claptrap's Robolution in the first Borderlands.

Also picked up Burnout Paradise (for cheap) and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection on holiday, so I'll get to them when I get bored of Borderlands.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Neverwinter Nights.

I've had this game for something like six years and never gave it much of a chance. I'm finding it difficult, but that's mostly because I'm not familiar with whatever edition of D&D it's built on, and I'd probably get farther than the first chapter if I could stick to one character - I'm somewhat OCD when it comes to character creation. I'll pick up a game, spend too long making the character, play for 5-10 minutes, and quit because it didn't come out as good as I thought it would.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
I found the core game rather hard at the start too, so hard that I eventually 'cheated' by creating a character in Hordes of the Underdark to get it automatically to level 15 then play the core game with that character (///)...

I would attempt the game again properly eventually, although I have a feeling that the game is rather unforgiving to caster classes.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
I've only got about 4 hours in ftl and I've not managed to finish a run on easy yet. I like how challenging it is, its not a cakewalk even on easy, but its not too hard either - yet.

I'll go make a thread, ask and ye shall receive, langzor!

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
Just loaded up Torchlight 2, to be perfectly honest, after my first impressions of Torchlight 1, I was quite pleasantly surprised at the game play of TL2, much more akin to D2 with a mix of (the good parts of) D3. I still don't like the Skill points system though, but at least the respec guy alleviates this, somewhat.

I do like their gold chest mechanic, I just hope that their drop was slightly better than what they were dropping now.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

old_vuz
[ Display Name History ]

old_vuz

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Eat at Arbys
  • RSN2:Old Vuz
I've been playing a great little game called Delver. It's like someone took Legends of Yore and combined it with Ultima Underworld or the first 2 Elder Scrolls games. Definitely one of the best casual roguelikes I've ever played.

Here's a link to the game if anyone's interested (it's free)
http://intrrpt.com/delver/

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
So I picked up Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD since I used to play the THPS & THUG games pretty much constantly through my childhood, it's fairly average. Nice enough graphics but it would be awful if I didn't use Joy2key to map my controller to the keyboard controls and frankly, there aren't enough levels - though I'd probably be a sucker and pay for the inevitable DLC. As long as it was the maps, not some crappy board skins or new skaters. I'm not super enthused by it but it's not God awful either - I can live with it.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Naive
[ Display Name History ]

Naive

Il Ganodermo

• Members
  • 1,419 posts
  • RSN:Naive
  • RSN2:Sman25000
  • Clan:HYT
Kingdom Hearts 3D

Holy hell the boss fights are a slap in the face

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.

351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN!QFC: 90-91-310-65710712

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
Swat 4

Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
I've been playing dark souls. I died a lot in the beginning, it was very frustrating. I also went into all the "newb traps", tried to kill the skeletons, tried to kill the ghosts lol. After a few hours playing I got the hang of the combat and it's been a lot easier. Finishing up anor london now. I wish there was a bit more story. I heard that you get a lot of info from reading item descriptions, but that's boring so I'm not gonna do that.

2480+ total

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
DayZ

Got it a few days ago after watching, and continuing to watch, far to many let's say plays for it (which I only started watching because of ftl). I both love and hate it. It's a hard and often slow game, and you die more often than is healthy (though on my 4th characters I am beating the average which is 27 minutes, or so I hear). I have currently lucked into being extremely well armed, more so than most bandits thanks to having the second best sniper rifle you can get (effective range of 1200m, 400+ more than every other gun except for one, which can shoot at 1600m).

I am currently trying to find one or two people to play with who aren't going to shoot me to help extend all our lives.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
Torchlight 2. It's a pretty fun game, but I messed up something on steam and lost 2 hours of progress so that's stalled my playing a bit. But otherwise it's been a fantastic experience thus far and it's launch price was only $20, which was fantastic.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,015 posts
Been playing a lot of Sleeping Dogs, initially had a lot of problems with mouse (Ridiculously sensitive, took me near half an hour to get through Pendrew's tutorial, I'd move it a centimetre and it'd go straight to the corner) when I got to guns, and that made it pretty much unplayable, so I borrowed a controller and now all is well. Really enjoying it, excellent story, awesome graphics, just loads of fun to play.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,518 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Finally, someone shares me love for Sleeping Dogs. Incredibly awesome game, definitely worth a try.
Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
After just short of a deckade, I finally know what that 'god game' was that my brothers friend was playing that one time when I was at his house. All I really remember about it was he would toss fireballs onto a nearby village, and then put the fires out with rain, he had people worshiping him to give him godly power, and that he was trying to make the next village over believe in him.

Anyway, the game was Black and White, and oddly enough I have no recollection of creatures which are a huge part of that of game. I stumbled upon it by chance (an LP of it from the same guy I've been watching do DayZ and FTL), and recognized it as the same game. I know have B&W2, which is quote similar, and the changes all seem to suit how I play games to make it more fun for me. Absolutely fantastic games. If you really want to train your pet in a more authentic manner though, you need to play B&W 1. The second makes it very easy to train your creature to be exactly what you want, which can be nice for gameplay, but the first game has an incredibly amazing learning AI that can be trained much like a real creature (this would be what they were going for). I'm not sure if anyone has yet built a better AI system for that, at least not in the game universe.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I actually have a copy of B&W, as it happens. I can't remember if it's 1 or 2, but I took it with me to university. Not sure if it would work on Windows 7...

Cracking game though.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
The feeling of discovering a game you've liked but never seen in years is wonderful. I found Ski Free a year ago, last time I played it was when I was in elementary school.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts

The feeling of discovering a game you've liked but never seen in years is wonderful. I found Ski Free a year ago, last time I played it was when I was in elementary school.

This. It's like rediscovering a piece of my childhood, and it might be the last thing I remember but can't place, with the exception of a TV show I used to absolutely love when I was in primary (when I was 4), which I have found once since, and promptly forgotten the name of again (it has an incredibly long title, and I think its about a bear or something, a catapillar, and a human inventor, and there are a bunch of crystals that can do things like shrink you. Also a guy who keeps trying to hit them with a cannon).

And B&W2 works just fine on Windows 7, and I imagine the orignal does as well. Normally the only games that are prone to not working we designed before Windows XP or Windows 95 (Myst [original] and Star Wars: Dark Forces being examples of each of those).

Also, having gotten through all the B&W LP's and finding none by other people that I really like, I've moved on to The Guild:2, and while I don't have the game, it is certainly possible that I might get it in time. Watching these LP's is getting a little dangerous, but I seem to be determined to devour as many minutes of them as possible to make up for never having watched them till now. Don't know what I am going to do once I have seen this guys entire library (or all the ones I like, some of them I don't care for). I have one other guy I like, but not as much. That said, he might do a Baldur's Gate one and I would be all over that.

Naive
[ Display Name History ]

Naive

Il Ganodermo

• Members
  • 1,419 posts
  • RSN:Naive
  • RSN2:Sman25000
  • Clan:HYT
Just picked up Borderlands 2

Rather enjoying it, playing as a Siren. Sniper rifle <3

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.

351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN!QFC: 90-91-310-65710712

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users