Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
runescapeloser22

What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

Not very happy with my Battlefield 1 purchase. Most of the servers will not load, and the ones (2 or 3) that do have really bad pings. So more often than not, the game lags really bad. Going to try and trade it for Elder Scrolls or GTA5.

Finished the Witcher 3. Speaking with my mate, I realised how much your choices affect the game. We had like completely different games.

Definitely going for a NG+, but not right now.

Right now, started me Hungarians in CK2 again. Hordes are OP. I have conquered most of the known world, having taken on the Byzantines and Spanish emirate at its strongest at the same time. Nearly a third of the world is converted to Tengri and I have 9 empires. No cheats or mods used.

And it is only year 1050.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Witcher 3 is probably now my third favourite game of all time, after Jak and Daxter 1 and New Vegas. It's amazing, and awesome to see how wildly different things can end up. Not that anyone's ever picked Triss over Yen, so we still don't know how that plays out.  The moment that really sank that thought in is when I realised that you can miss such a huge storyline thing [hide] Radovid's assassination, on that note, Jesus Christ it was good to kill him, after two and a half games of him being a [bleep]. [/hide] by just not going to do a sidequest. The DLC's are awesome too, hoping you played them.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Yep, I finished the DLCs aswell and did that part you mentioned in spoilers. I did all sidequests that were available to me, and only later found out that some sidequests had not even opened due to earlier choices.

And Gwent. Mothereffing Gwent. If only Skellige had a few more Spy cards...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Witcher 3 is probably now my third favourite game of all time, after Jak and Daxter 1 and New Vegas.

What a shit list

Thank you.

#rpgformod

ArenaScape today!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Too bad one cannot stock up a mass amount of turns in ArenaScape, like Darkthrone for example. :/

Yup, I know I've missed at least a few 10,000's turns over the years lol...

Today I'll be getting Level 86 Invention in RuneScape, and hopefully make some progress in Diablo II... I'm only 10% of the way to Level 98 on my Fire Trapper and I'm hoping to go from 2,990,000,000 experience to 3,000,000,000 by the end of the day.

• Like 1

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I've been getting back into Far Cry 4 (I started playing last summer; I like to wait until games are old news to give them a spin apparently). I really like the game in general, and some of the detailed touches are quite good. Didn't really expect that the writing in Far Cry 3 was going to look so good by comparison though. The problem with Far Cry 3 though was mostly laziness I think. There is actually a really good, possibly even thought provoking story hidden in that game, totally obscured by lazy shortcuts and the realities of game design. But far cry 4...

It's...it's like someone sat down and planned out the story over the course of say 100 missions, but then when the first 20 missions had been made that number go slashed down to 40. The first half the game goes into so much detail and seems to be setting up all this character development, then out of know where the story just accelerates off into the distance like it's trying to win some unseen race, only too, I presume, slow right back down at the end and use the last 3 or 4 missions to wrap things up at a good pace (I'm not quite there yet).

It's disappointing. The beginning of the game was really good, and now that I'm 6 main missions away from the end, it feels like the game is trying to wrap things up so it can take an early lunch. In Far Cry 3, I think you unlock the second island around 60% of the way through the game. The first island certainly has more missions, including a few that really aren't needed if you ask me (the Buck missions feel really drawn out), but the second island doesn't feel rushed. I feel like I've unlocked the north of Kyrat 90% into the game, but I'm barely halfway into the story.

Anyway, it's fun, and I look forward to trying it again without all the help from the minimap and spotting indicators and whatnot. That should be a lot of fun, I just didn't want to try that on my first run.

Recently sold my XBox One + 11 games to help pay for a new computer. One of the games was BF1, but I got a decent price on the console I have never really enjoyed or played much.

Dragon Age: Inquisition right now.

God how different, and frankly shittier it is compared to Witcher 3...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Haha. It's not as good, but I still enjoyed myself immensely. I fell in love with all the characters and their stories. Just remember that Josie is best girl, and any other romance option is not worth it.

#rpgformod

Witcher 3.

Rides of Icarus when bored.

And only reason I remembered about this forum, I kind of miss Castle Wars I used to play about.. 11.. 12..? years ago.

OGame, just making my daily raids on inactives for additional resources.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Best free online FPS? Crossfire.

How is the population doing? I was in the test for that (assume it's open now), and it was really fun, but they had this system where if you lost a match then all your items lost a durability, and to make a long and boring story short, it became a barrier to playing the game at all. You had to page hop to work out what items you needed to farm to replace your gear and make new stuff, and you could get stuck using low quality parts while trying to farm out the rest of the stuff you needed. It was work, and it drove people away.

I know they changed the model since, but the last time I hopped on, it looked like the damage was already done. Looked like everyone had already left before they abandoned the durability system. The worst part is, it was actually a really neat idea in the details. It was an honest stab at creating a functional economy that could be enjoyed by paying and non paying customers in a way that would resist power creep. It was also nearly universally despised, because people don't like their stuff breaking; especially not people who paid real money for it in the first place.

Anyway, if the population is starting to recover, I might give the game another shot. Roboblocks or whatever it's called was my thing for a while, but that game seems to have fallen face first into a pile of cocaine and I don't understand it anymore. Tis' a shame, was one of few fremium games with good prices that I was actually happy to pay from time to time. But the game kept changing too much, too often, and I couldn't keep up. Now when I get tired of World of Tanks, I play World of Warships.

Picked up Tales of Berseria because apparently I will never stop being an edgy weeb teenager.

It's like they finally got the hang of doing extremely fluid animation after two decades worth of stiffness, outside of battles (usually); within the first hour there's been a cutscene battle with more intensity than other installments' final battles. And for all the edge (did I mention the edge? Good lord this game is edgy, they literally just adapted Berserk without the gore and rape) it really isn't taking itself too seriously; there are a lot of moments of lightheartedness and humor and even the sort of sentimentality that I've felt has been missing in a lot of darker works lately.

It's just been so much better than its predecessor within the first couple of hours that I have to wonder whether Tales of Zestiria was filler; it had a large scope and lofty goals but it seems so small and impersonal by comparison

ArenaScape, as I try to play every 3 days so I don't waste any Fights... I also played a little Dungeon Assault this morning :) .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

I'm thinking about getting Nioh when i get back from exams in about 2 weeks. Looks really good from the minimal gameplay i allowed myself to watch. Has anyone else played it yet?

ArenaScape before bed.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg