Jard_Y_Dooku

This is the FIRST of the Grandmaster quest, and as Jagex said, it is very storyline inclined.

With my knowledge of things that invoke deep and winding storylines, this quest will NEVER END. It is just a placeholder that they can work on every 50th quest as to do something epic.

Or, seeing as this may have not occurred to anyone, so I shall bold it, THIS QUEST WILL BE A 4 PART QUEST, AND THE TRULY EPIC FINISH SHALL BE QUEST #150.

This would include a Prologue, a Rise of Events unto a climax, a Fall of events, into a climactic battle of the Mahjarrat and possibly another Godwars. This will induce the destruction of RuneScape, and Guthix shall create a new world - MechScape! Everyone in RuneScape will be sent to Ragnarok.

And thus the skill caps will be raised to 150 while on Ragnarok.

Drinkablity.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers aside, Jagex alluded to the huge quest coming out as something that was just that, huge, even saying that they would continue to give hints. There have been a few hints, but now that the first ever grandmaster quest is coming they haven't even said if it is the same quest the were talking about earlier, and in fact it isn't even the headline update for the month.

People assumed the 150th will be big because apparently every 50 quests there's a big one. Which is just a coincidence really. I'll let them off for the 100th, because 100 is usually a milestone in alot of things. But 50 and 150 aren't really that important.

Also, Jagex have never said, or even hinted as far as I know, that they'll do something special every certain amount of quests. So for me, people saying, "oh, in like a month's time after their first epic quest, there'll be an even harder one" just sounds idiotic. Especially with no concrete evidence to go on.

and thats where you are quite wrong.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Wasn't Mep2 like the 62nd quest? I don't think number plays a big role here, looking at Recipe for Disaster honestly, wasn't a hard quest.

MEP2 was #89, so you're right, it wasn't significant number, even though it was a very significant quest - Jagex actually asked Tip.It to withhold quest guides for a few days!

I hope they do that again. I'd like to see people getting annoyed when they see people walking around with the ownage rewards because there's no guides.

Tip.It rarely has the first guide. I remember using some other site for an MEP2 guide.

Also, quest #75 was The Feud, which wasn't significant, and #125 was Dream Mentor which was fairly significant but probably more-so to me than anyone else *points to signature*.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Like some other people have said, Jagex probably said that the quest wasn't going to necessarily be done this year because if they gave a certain month they wanted to be done by and the quest wasn't released that month, then alot of people would be disappointed.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I will use Pokemon logic and say that the 150th quest will be a mere clone of the 151th quest :P

I lol'd hard.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this new quest. I've actually decided to quit being lazy, and I'm doing the last 10 quests that I need for my quest cape.

As for the significance of 150, I don't really care all that much. And like another poster said, it could possibly be a four part, though I kind of hope not.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What were quests 50 and 100? And 25, people are saying that was important.

50 and 100 were Legends and Recipe for Disaster. 25 was Tribal Totem. And instead of asking, just look here: http://www.runeuniverse.us/quest.ws?sort=date_asc

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

LOL nice post number two...

Unspam: Didn't bts say there would be 2 big updates every 2nd month?

your sig made me rofl.

Staying on-topic, I really don't care much about quests. I think, however, you should be able to re-do quests (but without getting the reward again)

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining