Dharok beats Bandos so bad *Revamped Again*

yanksrule

For the record I have 21m in my bank right now. I have a 3 month investment in my kingdom that I've put 100% effort in. I can easily afford tassets. I'm just making a rant on how people assume that, because you have to go through great lengths to get an item, it must have amazing stats. However it is not the case with this.

I must've been absent when the "guys wearing skirts" fad started. There's not really a lot of skirts out there that men can wear in rs..... How are you going to look good, brah?

The thing is that it does have amazing stats in comparison to other legs. Other legs have no strength bonus whatsoever. This has +2, which makes it infinitely better in that category. The defense is no problem to some people. I have an sgs, almost 88 summoning, and 99 defense. Healing is easy for me, and usually i have excess healing, even when using a Bunyip. Once I have a Unicorn, it'll be even easier. To most high level players, defense isn't important. But offense is.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I have 21m in my bank right now. I have a 3 month investment in my kingdom that I've put 100% effort in. I can easily afford tassets. I'm just making a rant on how people assume that, because you have to go through great lengths to get an item, it must have amazing stats. However it is not the case with this.

I must've been absent when the "guys wearing skirts" fad started. There's not really a lot of skirts out there that men can wear in rs..... How are you going to look good, brah?

The thing is that it does have amazing stats in comparison to other legs. Other legs have no strength bonus whatsoever. This has +2, which makes it infinitely better in that category. The defense is no problem to some people. I have an sgs, almost 88 summoning, and 99 defense. Healing is easy for me, and usually i have excess healing, even when using a Bunyip. Once I have a Unicorn, it'll be even easier. To most high level players, defense isn't important. But offense is.

+2 strength will make you hit around .8% higher, increasing your XP by an unmeasurably tiny amount. I also happen to be a bit of a high level player, with 90 summoning, sgs, and 134 combat. I had full bandos for around a day before I switched to proslyte top\verac's skirt. Instead of +6 strength, I have better defence and a much larger prayer bonus. I use that to my advantage, praying at least +10% strength and sometimes piety, to provide a FAR faster killing speed then bandos - and with SGS, I use very few prayer pots with +10% strength; far less then the amount bandos tends to fall! Therefore, I have MUCH greater killing speed, at a cheaper overall cost (assuming you can sell bandos for close what you bought it for), and no need to tie up large piles of cash that can instead be merchanted for millions per day in profit.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I personally prefere my bandos over barrows. I have always had a dislike for barrows, never owning a specific set for more than a week or two.

I personally prefere tassets for their looks,defence, str bonus and usefullness at god wars.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

there's no set bonus, they are a billion times harder to get (which is the only reason i can get around to thinking why one would have them) AND they look like a skirt... it looks OK on girls but not so much on us guys. you people are officially excessively concerned with your clothes, grooming, and manners OR simply put: dude. look it up.

What I don't get is that your saying people care so much about looks yet your complaining on how it looks on guys?Wow..

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

you guys are right.... i have now officially started wearing skirts during the winter and pants during the summer. THESE SKRITS I BOUGHT LOOK H A W T

there's a comparison for what you're telling me.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

THe reason Bandos is worth so much is because of str bonus. There are rich people out there that just want to achieve the highest hits.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

for the record i have 21m in my bank right now. i have a 3 month investment in my kingdom that i've put 100% effort in. i can easily afford tassets. i'm just making a rant on how people assume that, because you have to go through great lengths to get something, it must have amazing stats. however it is not the case with this.

i must've been absent when the "guys wearing skirts" fad started. there's not really a lot of skirts out there that men can wear in rs..... how are you going to look good brah?

I am male and I wear skirts all the time IRL.

Whoa, you better be Irish or something.

I use skirts to show off my tranliness.

Fixt.

+2 str and +1 is highly insignificant. You have to be out of your mind to think it makes you kill monsters any faster. But I wouldn't care too much about it, it's just natural selection, the dummies waste 8M.

2480+ total

Tasstes dont deserve to be 8mil... look at the zerker ring, it's under 2mil and that's +4 strength. Tassets give a measly +2 strength, that aint raiseing your max on it's own.

I'd say tassets should be 4mil or less for what they're worth.

Though, I guess there is some aesthetic value to the tassets (completing the Bandos set) just like how party hats are ONLY aesthetic value..

anyone who wants to argue "uuuhhhh, but tassets are rare..." - dont be stupid, many, many teams go out and kill the Bandos general EVERY day. I'd say that spread across all worlds, there is a Boss going down every 2 seconds at peak hours... That's alot of drops (Keep in mind, thats an estimate, I could be way off).

Tasstes dont deserve to be 8mil... look at the zerker ring, it's under 2mil and that's +4 strength. Tassets give a measly +2 strength, that aint raiseing your max on it's own.

Though, I guess there is some aesthetic value to the tassets (completing the Bandos set) just like how party hats are ONLY aesthetic value..

anyone who wants to argue "uuuhhhh, but tassets are rare..." - dont be stupid, many, many teams go out and kill the Bandos general EVERY day. I'd say that spread across all worlds, there is a Boss going down every 2 seconds at peak hours... That's alot of drops (Keep in mind, thats an estimate, I could be way off).

you probably are. the zerker ring is a good point but, it doesn't have the "effort" that you have put in for it. what that effort is i couldn't care less. not sure if there's such thing as effort in this game. point click wait. call it effort? i do not.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

you probably are. the zerker ring is a good point but, it doesn't have the "effort" that you have put in for it. what that effort is i couldn't care less. not sure if there's such thing as effort in this game. point click wait. call it effort? i do not.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "effort", both items can be bought off the GE.

Arguing what does or doesn't deserve to be at what price doesn't accomplish anything. Tassets cost what they do because that's what people value them at, balance between demand and supply. Sure, you may not think they're worth the 8m, but apparently enough other people do.

And speaking from personal experience, there's no reason why I shouldn't buy them, the price is nothing to me and I'm getting a solid piece of non-degradable, no maintenance armor with strength bonus and good stats. Why shouldn't I buy them?

Arguing what does or doesn't deserve to be at what price doesn't accomplish anything. Tassets cost what they do because that's what people value them at, balance between demand and supply. Sure, you may not think they're worth the 8m, but apparently enough other people do.

And speaking from personal experience, there's no reason why I shouldn't buy them, the price is nothing to me and I'm getting a solid piece of non-degradable, no maintenance armor with strength bonus and good stats. Why shouldn't I buy them?

"Though, I guess there is some aesthetic value to the tassets (completing the Bandos set) just like how party hats are ONLY aesthetic value.."

I already stated what you were argueing against me

Plus, dharoks maintenance isnt really that much of a hassle, less than 70k every 15 hours of combat isnt a big ask, considering it's easily possible to make 150k+ in 2 hours of combat.

wow, you have to spend 70k out of the 1125k you've just earnt.

ok what would u prefur. Dh with d boots,barrows glove,fury,bezrkr,fire cape,

Or bandos pl8-leg d boot,barrow glove,fury,godsword,fire cape,bezrkr,helm neitznot

Hands down bandos win

That's your opinion, not everyones

You could knock dh out before url hp even got low

king_kapugen.png

ok what would u prefur. Dh with d boots,barrows glove,fury,bezrkr,fire cape,

Or bandos pl8-leg d boot,barrow glove,fury,godsword,fire cape,bezrkr,helm neitznot

Hands down bandos win

That's your opinion, not everyones

You could knock dh out before url hp even got low

uhhh, yeah, sure, believe what you want, but +2 isnt going to change the outcome of a fight.

Plus, dharoks maintenance isnt really that much of a hassle, less than 70k every 15 hours of combat isnt a big ask, considering it's easily possible to make 150k+ in 2 hours of combat.

It's not the money, it's the hassle. Believe me, I've been using barrows since the day it came out. I've repaired my set of guthans probably 50 times. Sure, it only takes a couple minutes to repair, but after too many repairs it gets just plain annoying, like a bad random event. Hell, before the GWD I would train in rune or dragon at times to save the repairs.

Bandos is a solid piece of armor with more than sufficient defense stats, a tiny str bonus, and it's completely no hassle. A full set of bandos looks better than a generic set of barrows and it requires no annoying trips to the POH for repairs.

Not everything has to be based off pure logic, you know.

It's not the money, it's the hassle. Believe me, I've been using barrows since the day it came out. I've repaired my set of guthans probably 50 times. Sure, it only takes a couple minutes to repair, but after too many repairs it gets just plain annoying, like a bad random event. Hell, before the GWD I would train in rune or dragon at times to save the repairs.

Bandos is a solid piece of armor with more than sufficient defense stats, a tiny str bonus, and it's completely no hassle. A full set of bandos looks better than a generic set of barrows and it requires no annoying trips to the POH for repairs.

Sorry, but your argument is still weak, 5 minutes of your time every 15 hours is still not a big ask, even if you're not useing the modern spellbook, you can just buy a home-tab from the ge, there's no excuse really.

By no means I'm I telling you not to use Bandos, go for it, I don't really care, I'm just saying that Dharoks (or torags) is the smarter option. There are plenty of people who agree Bandos looks better, but there are also plenty of people who think it looks like a [kitty] skirt.

10 seconds of your time every 10 minutes isn't bad either, but that doesn't make me love Niles or the Sandwich lady.

ah yes, but you see, that's different, because random have NO POINT, whereas repairing barrows is preparation, just like restocking food or potions. Not to mention that 10 seconds is 1.6% of 10 minutes compared to 5 minutes which is 0.5% of 15 hours, but hey, I recognise that you were just taking figures off the top of your head.

Preparation that is totally optional.

Remember, money is no object. The extra +10 def or whatever it is is completely useless when training. Look at it this way;

Marginal strength bonus (why not?)

Asthetics (Bandos plate with DH legs...no thanks)

No hassle

No reason not to use it.

Ok... lets take a different perspective.

You have ~20mil and the choice to buy either:

Dharoks plate and legs for ~500k with most of your money left over.

Or the Bandos Plate and tasstes for all of the money you possess.

Both sets of armor are almost equivilant in terms of effectivness in combat, but if you had chosen the Dharoks set, you could have easily invested that ~19mil you had left over into something else that would benefit you, either combat or non-combat.

So who's better off?

One could argue that the bandos choice would look much "cooler" and more appealing, but really the dharok choice is by far, economically, the superior option.

19mil can go a long way, alot further than a set of bandos.

But, if you have money to spare, good for you.