Dharok beats Bandos so bad *Revamped Again*

yanksrule

IF you re fighting in a place where you are constantly taking damage, (Bosses etc...) then DH is better. But standard training, where you are not getting hit, BANDOS and its +2 str wins.

In places where you won't really be getting hit much Bandos beats Barrows. Just because you have 5 less pray doesn't mean that you can't piety. The 7 strength bonus for top and bottom raises your max by almost 2 over dharok.

Yeah over all Dharok is better to have, and really Bandos probably isn't worth it, but it can be helpful. You can't say that Bandos isn't better in places like Dusties or Greaters where that little extra strength bonus can speed it up a bit.

+13 prayer vs. +6 strength. Not really a contest, your prayer will drain WAY faster with bandos. That 'little extra' +10% or piety prayer can speed it up a lot.

Sure it would drain faster, but I said, in places where you are constantly training. Using P pots and banking every once on a while is not idea. Sure, your prayer WOULD last longer, but in the LONG run, Bandos wins. Its like the story of the tortois and the hare. The hare is abviously "better" at first, but eventually, the turtle wins.

+10% strength = 1 point every 12 seconds. 24 points per dose @ 84 prayer + 84 inital. Each prayer pot is 20 minutes of prayer, plus the initial 17 minutues. So a typical slayer invo (for me) of 15 prayer pots = over 5 hours of killing. Quite handy, considering that the 'good' camping spot (armored zombies) doesn't need this, leaving slayer as the main use. And most of my tasks take less then 5 hours, I can usually get by with 1-2 prayer pots. Point invalidated.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true monster hunters would use bandos plate because it has a decent str bonus and a pray bonus, with not to shabby defense. Plus it looks nice, giving you everything you usualy look for. Then combine that with verac skirt as it has amazing, alot more than tassets and gives an amazing +4 pray bonus compared to +2 str of tassets. verac skirt is pure win.

bandos top with verac skirt doesnt look to bad either.

/thread

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

+10% strength > +4 strength.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Kinda official how any barrows melee armour owns bandos for slayer, or normal monster hunting, and some bosses too.

And btw, a stole + verac skirt + torag/guthan/dharok body is better than a proselyte + fury + verac skirt. :P

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• 3 months later...

i went and figured that with a firecape,bandos, a neitiznot, barrows gloves, d boots, a salve ammy (e)*against undead*, zerker ring and an ags*with the special* you will hit more or less 84.

with full dharoks plus the gloves,boots and ammy you will hit *assuming you have 1 hp* you will hit 97...

those are both large numbers... but they have thier uses

dharoks is good for pest controll,training at yaks/ghouls.

bandos is perfect for impressing noobs,lending,some bosses *mostly bandos,kbd,mole and others*.

so the point is!!! they have thier places... dharok for training at things that dont really hit.

Bandos for prettymuch every thing else

i went and figured that with a firecape,bandos, a neitiznot, barrows gloves, d boots, a salve ammy (e)*against undead*, zerker ring and an ags*with the special* you will hit more or less 84.

with full dharoks plus the gloves,boots and ammy you will hit *assuming you have 1 hp* you will hit 97...

those are both large numbers... but they have thier uses

dharoks is good for pest controll,training at yaks/ghouls.

bandos is perfect for impressing noobs,lending,some bosses *mostly bandos,kbd,mole and others*.

so the point is!!! they have thier places... dharok for training at things that dont really hit.

Bandos for prettymuch every thing else

Dharok's + whip + defender > bandos. Every time.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

u cant use dharoks and a whip and defender... i was referring to the whole set

And he was referring to dharoks and a whip and defender. Best defence, best offense. Bandos has crappy defence, DH has crappy offense. Bandos is useless, use veracs skirt + helm and DH top with whip + defender for the best possible monster hunting outfit.

DeviledEgg24.png

i wasn't referring to the set effect of dharoks, i was referring to the defense bonuses.

and dharok doesn't have crappy defense bonuses. in fact, it has one of the best in the game. if you want to go into the price range of about, 50 million i don't think you can get any better defense. for less than 1.5m you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

i didn't expect this thread to come back but either way i think this is a good argument. :D

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i wasn't referring to the set effect of dharoks, i was referring to the defense bonuses.

and dharok doesn't have crappy defense bonuses. in fact, it has one of the best in the game. if you want to go into the price range of about, 50 million i don't think you can get any better defense. for less than 1.5m you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

i didn't expect this thread to come back but either way i think this is a good argument. :D

I think dharoks > 3rd age. I may be wrong but i think it is.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

i've checked and 3rd infact isn't the best armor in the game- thanks pureprayer.

torag's helmet is better than dharoks (and ironically cheaper. odd how the best armor in the game is also of the cheapest) however. don't know if i said that yet but i'm throwing it out there.

verac's plateskirt has better range protection than dharok's platelegs by 8 points, as well as a +4 prayer bonus (it's 200k more expensive which, among other armors, makes sense).

so here's the best defense in the game setup right here: dfs, verac's plateskirt, torag/verac/guthan helmet, dragon boots, dragon gaunlets, fire cape, some stupid ring, obby staff, fury.

i researched all of those items and they have the best defense bonuses in the game. they can't be beaten by any single piece of armor as of now. you're welcome.

1004.png

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Verac items have LESS range defense than any other Barrows items.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

i agree, nothing more to say rly. tassets are an accessory imo, along with fury 3rd age and some others

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

It would be nice if Jagex gave us a slot in the equipment interface to show our current max hit and dps, but sadly, that seems "too good".

The simple argument of if the chest/tassets are worth it is a simple plug of numbers into the max hit formula.

I'm sure this isn't the case with everyone, but as of right now, it takes 13 equipment strength points to raise my max hit by +2 (7 for the first +1 and then an additional 6 for the next +1). It is quite possible that despite the fact that I may have the maximum strength bonus, I could have up to 6 less strength bonus points (and trade in bandos for dh) and hit EXACTLY the same.

I actually lol every time I see someone in bandos and be a lower level. It just makes me feel sad that quite possibly they spent their money for absolutely no gain.

On the plus side, Bandos does offer better ranged defense than dharok, which makes it better suited for anti-range warriors. Then again, everyone hybrids, so who cares? :wall:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

you only have +2 points range defense points for bandos so it's very insignificant.

what's wrong with being a hybrid?.... i prefer that i'm not a result from inbreeding *that's a genetics pun by the way :thumbup: *

Edit1: ~i'm making the first post a little more pretty. i'm working on it now~

Edit2: ~made the first post prettier :D ~

1004.png