Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dharok beats Bandos so bad *Revamped Again*

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

jules
[ Display Name History ]

jules

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
i went and figured that with a firecape,bandos, a neitiznot, barrows gloves, d boots, a salve ammy (e)*against undead*, zerker ring and an ags*with the special* you will hit more or less 84.

with full dharoks plus the gloves,boots and ammy you will hit *assuming you have 1 hp* you will hit 97...

those are both large numbers... but they have thier uses

dharoks is good for pest controll,training at yaks/ghouls.

bandos is perfect for impressing noobs,lending,some bosses *mostly bandos,kbd,mole and others*.

so the point is!!! they have thier places... dharok for training at things that dont really hit.

Bandos for prettymuch every thing else

pureprayer
[ Display Name History ]

pureprayer

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,968 posts

i went and figured that with a firecape,bandos, a neitiznot, barrows gloves, d boots, a salve ammy (e)*against undead*, zerker ring and an ags*with the special* you will hit more or less 84.

with full dharoks plus the gloves,boots and ammy you will hit *assuming you have 1 hp* you will hit 97...

those are both large numbers... but they have thier uses

dharoks is good for pest controll,training at yaks/ghouls.

bandos is perfect for impressing noobs,lending,some bosses *mostly bandos,kbd,mole and others*.

so the point is!!! they have thier places... dharok for training at things that dont really hit.

Bandos for prettymuch every thing else

Dharok's + whip + defender > bandos. Every time.

jules
[ Display Name History ]

jules

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
u cant use dharoks and a whip and defender... i was referring to the whole set

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

u cant use dharoks and a whip and defender... i was referring to the whole set

And he was referring to dharoks and a whip and defender. Best defence, best offense. Bandos has crappy defence, DH has crappy offense. Bandos is useless, use veracs skirt + helm and DH top with whip + defender for the best possible monster hunting outfit.
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

yanksrule
[ Display Name History ]

yanksrule

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • RSN:yanxrul
  • RSN2:zezima
i wasn't referring to the set effect of dharoks, i was referring to the defense bonuses.

and dharok doesn't have crappy defense bonuses. in fact, it has one of the best in the game. if you want to go into the price range of about, 50 million i don't think you can get any better defense. for less than 1.5m you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

i didn't expect this thread to come back but either way i think this is a good argument. :D
Posted Image

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

pureprayer
[ Display Name History ]

pureprayer

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,968 posts

i wasn't referring to the set effect of dharoks, i was referring to the defense bonuses.

and dharok doesn't have crappy defense bonuses. in fact, it has one of the best in the game. if you want to go into the price range of about, 50 million i don't think you can get any better defense. for less than 1.5m you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

i didn't expect this thread to come back but either way i think this is a good argument. :D

I think dharoks > 3rd age. I may be wrong but i think it is.

yanksrule
[ Display Name History ]

yanksrule

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 363 posts
i've checked and 3rd infact isn't the best armor in the game- thanks pureprayer.

torag's helmet is better than dharoks (and ironically cheaper. odd how the best armor in the game is also of the cheapest) however. don't know if i said that yet but i'm throwing it out there.

verac's plateskirt has better range protection than dharok's platelegs by 8 points, as well as a +4 prayer bonus (it's 200k more expensive which, among other armors, makes sense).

so here's the best defense in the game setup right here: dfs, verac's plateskirt, torag/verac/guthan helmet, dragon boots, dragon gaunlets, fire cape, some stupid ring, obby staff, fury.

i researched all of those items and they have the best defense bonuses in the game. they can't be beaten by any single piece of armor as of now. you're welcome.
Posted Image

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

sadukar123
[ Display Name History ]

sadukar123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • RSN:Sadukar123
  • Clan:Blood Vipers
Verac items have LESS range defense than any other Barrows items.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Drops:
Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1
Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3
Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

kingbrooks
[ Display Name History ]

kingbrooks

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • RSN:kingbrooks10
  • Clan:Crimson Knights
i agree, nothing more to say rly. tassets are an accessory imo, along with fury 3rd age and some others
Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.
Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)
2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

fenrir321
[ Display Name History ]

fenrir321

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • Location:Either the Fishing Guild or Dalaran getting into pugs
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:zelda12346
  • RSN2:Menea Reuter
It would be nice if Jagex gave us a slot in the equipment interface to show our current max hit and dps, but sadly, that seems "too good".

The simple argument of if the chest/tassets are worth it is a simple plug of numbers into the max hit formula.

I'm sure this isn't the case with everyone, but as of right now, it takes 13 equipment strength points to raise my max hit by +2 (7 for the first +1 and then an additional 6 for the next +1). It is quite possible that despite the fact that I may have the maximum strength bonus, I could have up to 6 less strength bonus points (and trade in bandos for dh) and hit EXACTLY the same.

I actually lol every time I see someone in bandos and be a lower level. It just makes me feel sad that quite possibly they spent their money for absolutely no gain.

On the plus side, Bandos does offer better ranged defense than dharok, which makes it better suited for anti-range warriors. Then again, everyone hybrids, so who cares? :wall:
Posted Image

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
You can sell your bandos when your done with it, don't feel sad.
O.O

yanksrule
[ Display Name History ]

yanksrule

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 363 posts
you only have +2 points range defense points for bandos so it's very insignificant.

what's wrong with being a hybrid?.... i prefer that i'm not a result from inbreeding *that's a genetics pun by the way :thumbup: *

Edit1: ~i'm making the first post a little more pretty. i'm working on it now~

Edit2: ~made the first post prettier :D ~
Posted Image

pureprayer
[ Display Name History ]

pureprayer

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,968 posts
Warrior/berserker rings are the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users