Do your friends know if you play Runescape?

Igor

I don't advertise it but they do know. Its sort of a light tese thing whenever I play any game on my laptop in school. I had a girl friend who played too. We're not engaged anymore and she no longer plays thought we are still friends in real life. I am probably one of the very few people in my school who plays RS.

Some guys I know heard I played and started too. They're complete noobs, and try to talk about it all the time. I usually start a conversation about something else if they do this, why can't they just keep it to themselves :?. Like I'm interested in hearing they have full mithril.

2dvjurb.png

My 4 best friends know I play RS, and most of them know that I "used" to play RS.

There was a time at my old school where everyone stopped playing so I just pretended I'd stopped playing too. Only one person there knew I played, then I moved schools and re-met an old friend (from an old old school... :roll: ) who played, and met two people at that school who also played.

Recently someone from my old school (who's now at my new school) revisited RS when they were bored one day and found me playing. It took a lot of persuasion to stop him telling everyone but it's worth it. ::'

(The fact that he was going to tell everyone he could that I play RS shows 2 things:

1.) He hates me. It's mutual.

2.) Playing RS, at my school at least, is a reason to be mocked.)

The people who know I play:

1.) Used to play too, good friend.

2.) Also used to play, known him since I was about 2. ;)

3.) Used to play, now plays WoW and just updates MTK once in a while, also good friend.

4.) Still plays, good friend.

My other friends probably wouldn't care too much, but I don't want to open up a terminal potential mocking-point, and when they let other people know, even if not deliberately, then it would take far longer for the point to die away. With friends, if you're with them a lot, a mocking-point will die fairly quickly, but with people you barely know and are rarely with, it's one of the few things they know about you.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• 3 weeks later...

People knows that I play RS used to play RS too. I know some Wow players and we talked about online communities alot, so they know I play RS too. I don't bring it up unless someone brought it up, but most people are ok with it. Any video game (unless educational ones) count as time waster if you play too much, RS is really no diffrent.

a happy Runescaper

No. "Oh god, that game is so sht! I played it for like 30 secs and you can't type in swear words!" Well, that happened the last time RuneScape came up as a topic and then it was just "that stupid game". Ok, not all my friends fail that hard, but those who don't, I play something else with them.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

someone i met in the comp lab knows i play ;o

one of my closer friend knows i play because my sister said i was addicted to runescape she laughed a minute or 2 then shutup :)

people know i play computer games but i dont tell them its runescape hehe

StarViv.png

• 2 weeks later...