Tip.It Times Presents: "Don�t Forget Your Chores!"

n_odie

I do the following.

Circus - It's only once a week and gives me free exp in 3 skills for 5 minutes of my time.

Penguin Hunting - It's only once a week and gives me about 25-30k free exp in a skill of my choice, only takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to get all 10 penguins.

Tears of Guthix - It's only once a week gives me free exp in my lowest skill.

Battle Staffs & Seaweed - I buy them daily & make staffs to alch, it's a free 145k daily and free crafting exp.

xxteargodxx.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I love these chores, sometimes I hate them. It all depends on how limited my time for that day is.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

until recently i did the whole daily routine thing and i used to do misclenia, but

recently i got all my skills to 60+ and tears became a non-viable source of xp

i ran out of a need to do misclenia when i got all my flax all those months ago.

i still do the circus and peng hunting though <3:

i dont have them but i do not love the (unless they give me free xp)

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I don't particularly like Runescape chores, so I only do ToG and MTK regularly. I do stars & jade vine whenever I feel like it, penguins when I happen to find them, and seaweed/pineapples/battlestaves/sand only when I'm training farming/crafting. I did circus religiously until I got full ringmaster; without that incentive, I'm not motivated enough to go anymore. :?

frigginacky.png

I can't be bothered to do that much either.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Wow, you just summed up my last month of Runescapeing perfectly. I'm finding I'm preplanning my runescape day in order to try and squeeze everything in. battlestaves get bought, but then stored until the weekend when I have time to catch up on making the orbs for them. I've been slowly working on Desert Treasure for 4 weeks now, and I had to create a new tab in my bank account for the things I have to do. Slayer training is exclusively for the weekends now. I have to agree that I'm feeling bogged down and some chores are soon going to have to be eliminated.

very nice read here's what i do:

MtK: once in a week ( y bother for one more log...) very nice profit (700k without a minimal effort? duh!)

ToG: Free exp in expensive skills (construction, herblore, summun (not joking,free exp 4-52 summun free :thumbsup: )

Circus: I love circus, ringmaster looks so good with b pl8 :D and i want full audience now, have all the others complete

Bork: Does that thing still exists?

Jade vine: Nice free no effert exp in farm and slayer (buying wildblood hops in g.e max :mrgreen: )

Shooting Star: Only did it once, the wort 20 min in my rs life :evil:

Penguins: only when i see them in my farm runs, i gotta say, i love their new pumkin suit 8-)

Farming: Really, but really good no effor money, toads 4life homeyz ::'

Battlestaves: Rarely, b4 green vambs i used these for exp

Pinapples: Meh, as kurask task usually stock me up with pineapples, nah.

Seaweed and Sand: Don't like seaweed, although sand is efective for getting free buckets :mrgreen:

I think thats all, also i do a herb run between tasks.

Gl Evryone

I rarely do Tears of Guthix anymore, and the Circus has been the only event I've been doing on a regular basis, although after next week I probably don't do that anymore either. I mainly stopped doing all these things because I felt obligated in the first place.

2dgucz6.png

I don't do any of them because I'm F2P...

But if I could I probably wouldn't do them because I don't have enough time... school and sports take up most of my time...

Edit: Ok, all I do with the free 30 low alchemy with the Lumbridge Explorer's ring is when I'm fighting lessers in Karamja Dungeon I alch the drops I get to save time so I don't have to go to the store to sell them.

Battlerifel.png

Battlerifel.png

My Blog: http://forum.tip.it/...el#entry3250508

My Forum entry: QFC - 48-49-627-63687284

I really only have 1 chore that I do every day, and that is a farming run. however, I dont really consider it a chore because I'm working on getting 99 farm... I guess it depends on how vital the "chores" are to what it is you want to do. if you're a crafter, those 64 bstaves are a good investment. if you're looking for mage/range/agil xp thats easy to get, the circus is a good thing. for a hardcore skiller (one who signs on, and immediately starts grinding on a particular thing) there are probably very few chores that are worth your time, especially if you're "buying" a skill.

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

Actually the to-do list can be narrowed down to this:

Daily:

-Farming

-Battlestaves

-Comet

Weekly:

-Penguins

-Circus

Everything else takes too long for too little. Let's break those down:

Farming: 5 minute herb runs. The time I usually waste staring at my bank wondering what to do next.

Battlestaves: The better of the 1 minute commitment.

Comet: Takes a while, and you gotta get the timing right, but it honestly doesn't take that long. Think of it this way, instead of checking the forums when you first get on the computer, check for comets. Then do your forum check as you are mining the comet. No time wasted, and free xp + money.

Penguins: As long as you use it in the right skill, it's like training that skill faster and more fun! I don't see it as hard to get myself to do.

Circus: 3 minutes?

I used to do almost all the chores, now i just forget about them. Only time i do tears is when i'm going through lumby, i took all my money out of my kingdom but should probably put it back. Should probably do battlestaffs too tbh, could make about a free 200k/day from chores but i just never remember.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

i used to hate farming cause i thought it wasted time but now i like it cause if you have money its so much exp for little effort. farming isnt a chore though its a skill just a skill you work on daily. i think they should make more skills that you work on a little each day so its not all grind.

the other chores are just distractions tears don't help me at all so i stopped i stopped mtk after the first 2 weeks of the quest i never do battlestaffs for crafting and i only have varrock armor 2. mined a star once....still didnt turn in the dust. did the circus once and got a kewl hat. people that spend thier whole game doing these things need to rethink why they play rs lol.

StarViv.png

I do battle staffs and bork daily...

I do tears once a week and do kingdom with it. I recently decided to try hunting peguins for summon exp.

Honestly....battle staffs and kingdom is half the money I make on rs, and the only reliable source of my rs money. B staffs is 5 minutes a day for amlost 90k, kingdom is 10 minutes a week for say 500k? Peguins....Last week I decided every monday I'd hunt peguins. However I ran into a bunch of peguins this week \'

I also decided that I'm NOT going to hunt all 10 peguins each week.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Bork too.. not to mention the Slayer Plant Jade-thingamabober near Ardougne. I've been putting them all off.. :wall:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Nice article stormy. i just finished the quests and am now doing manage thy kingdom. I've only been doing tears for a short time but think it's fun. I can see the problem of having so many things to do but that is why I like this game-there is so much to choose from, even if it gets dizzy at times trying to decide what to do!

I believe Tears of Guthix (weekly) and the Kingdom management are a must. It is free and easy xp/money. I can make 175k free a day just from the kingdom and playing the GE market. (takes 5 mins tops.) Other than that... I do the penguins/stars/etc., as I see them in my worldly travels. They are just added bonuses to the game. Something to do differently. Some melee, some skill, some pvp. Get where I am going with this? :)

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

I do Bert's sand daily because my POH is right next to his house and then right after that I walk into my Varrock Portal to get my 64 daily battlestaves (Varrock Armor 3 FTW!). This amounts to ~90k profit all by itself.

I do Manage Thy Kingdom on raw fish and coal which is ~80k profit a day, but I collect once a week right after I do my weekly Tears of Guthix run which gets me around 8k xp for runecrafting.

Every Wednesday when I log in I finish doing whatever I might have left off on and then find the circus. It's 8k agility xp, 14k ranged xp, and 18k magic xp for me every week. Free magic xp is awesome!

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I try to do them but I usually end yup forgetting because I get wrapped up in so many things. I have to go do circus and the staves now. I don't even remember when I did Tog so usually don't want to waste a trip down there. Mtk I do every 3 days just to mine 2 coal it's easier that way. I have done one comet ever I should do more and I've hunted a few penguins but I do circus every week for the outfits.

They are fun things to do that are usually productive for the time spent. Nice article.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

i do the circus and the penguins every single week...

but i don't see them as chores, actually i look forward to them... i'm having a great time hunting down those penguins with my m8s and it is a great way to catch up on my summoning and slayer :D

so it is more like a bonus i am waiting for :P

i'm always do chores....i got hurted alot when i was in holiday at america last summer and didn't had computer for few weeks :P

anyway wat i do is:

-home tele, d axe on canoe to edgville station, fairy ring, check if theres rare imps in zanaris, back to zanaris and ring to miscellania

1) mtk - awsome money =)

back to zanaris, to edgville, varrock.

2) b staffs - i love my varrock armor 3 (awsome money as well) :mrgreen:

-getting on my bork fighting set and heading to chaos tunnels...

3) bork slaying - always fun for highscores with d mace specs + piety...and i get awsome charms to 99 summoning or at least 88 (lol) i so want :roll:

-home teleport, if i wasn't at tog for a week...

4) tears of guthix - con xp....yep thanks for it i got from 62+ all stats to 65+ stats even if it got me weeks over weeks, i want to do the most less i can ever in con ::'

-takes only d axe, canoe to wildy, green drags, dying, respawning at cammy, wc maples.

5) that's of course only in case of homework. i'm using wisely my time and wc while doing homework 8-) and sometimes i get free d bones&green hide from dragon i kill before he kill me :lol:

about week things....

1) circus: already got full acrobat/clown/ringmaster. getting now audience for that big hand (lol) but after it i'm not sure if i'll ever back there. 18k mage xp really possible?! maybe i'll come only for this :shock:

2) penguins - just when i see them...after few weeks i passed by ardy and were suprised to get 16k herby xp....

rest....not worth it. well, except farming. i'm just too lazy to go every hour and so to check patches........but i did it before and i'll be sure i'll have to go back to it......

that's my 2 sents :thumbsup:

want_a_box.png

Wow, I never realized how many things I missed daily lol When I go back to mems though if I follow this, it'll be like a job, and not fun..

Yeah, they can be 'chores.' I never did that many but I found they pair well with farming.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again