At what level is a skill considered "high"? Combat effects?

Vulxai

What we are talking about is not what is high or not, but where we set the boundary to where we think something is impressive enough to deserve recognition. Technically, level 60 or 70 is considered by Jagex to be high level, and it is. But with some effort, mostly anyone could achieve that.

What you really mean with "I think 90+ is high" is that anything lower than 90 isn't impressive enough to make you applause or drop your jaw for because you don't consider it to take impressive effort to achieve. Where you set the bar to where you think something is impressive or an achievement enough to call it "high" has a lot to do with how long you have been playing or how far you have gotten on the walkway to 99.

From the eyes of a more average and less hardcore player, however, receiving a level past 70 or 80 takes effort and several months of playing at a regular healthy dose of 30-60 minutes in average per day with a mixed and varied game-play. (Take note that I say average per day and not per gaming session.)

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70 is high until you reach it. Then 80 is the next best thing... until you reach that. Then 90 is high until you get there and only have 99's to look up to. It's actually quite funny. :lol:

I'll say 80+ is high for combat, 70+ for skills. At level 70 you have like 700k in it, meaning you put effort into it. 90+ is respectable. 99 would depend on what skill.

So skills can be high but not respectable? Strange.

Anyway, to me it really depends on the person's other levels (a combination of total and combat). Level 70's with 1K-1.2K total with a cooking cape I respect quite much, because it's quite high compared to their other levels. A 120 with that is a total different story.

To me for the slow/expensive skills, high is 80+. Partly because that's my goal ATM.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

70 is high until you reach it. Then 80 is the next best thing... until you reach that. Then 90 is high until you get there and only have 99's to look up to. It's actually quite funny. :lol:

I thought 99 was high untill I reached it. I am now trying to get 16.3m-ish smithing xp. Its the same as getting 85 smithing again after 99 =p

It never stops... Actually it will once I reached that. I want do other stuff lol.. Like 16.3m mining xp. :lol:

High level is when you actually feel accomplished in your own eyes, not in the eyes of others.

It's silly to go for goals that you would only want for admiration from others in an online world

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

for me it depends on the skill and the "popularity". like, look at the number of people with 99 in that skill, and then determne whether that person has a high lvl in it based on the high scores.

for example, ~1.5k people have 99 mining. but many have 80+. so I'd say anyone in the top 10k of mining has a high lvl. to me it depends on their exp and the difficulty of the skill itself to train, not the lvl itself.

now look at fletching. about 50k people have 99 in that, so I don't see any lvl in it high since it's so common and fairly easy, cheap, and fast to train compared to most other 99s

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

A level 3 can train woodcutting at about 27/28ths of the speed that a level 138 can (wielding the axe).

I know a skiller with 99 agility and thieving; those are noncombat skills that are impressive at level 3. But fishing? Nah, a level 3 can get into Shilo. Hunter? Not by a longshot.

I'd say that the impressiveness of a level depends on the skill in which it's achieved. 99 cooking is not as impressive as 85 slayer, but 85 slayer is not as impressive as 99 runecrafting.

Now that I think of it, shouldn't a level 3's noncombat skills be higher than a level 100's anyway? They haven't spent time getting about 13 million total combat experience, so they would have been skilling in that time.

I'd say that the impressiveness of a level depends on the skill in which it's achieved. 99 cooking is not as impressive as 85 slayer, but 85 slayer is not as impressive as 99 runecrafting.

Tbh a lvl 3 with 85 slayer would be much more impressive to me then a lvl 3 with 99 runecrafting.

Now that I think of it, shouldn't a level 3's noncombat skills be higher than a level 100's anyway? They haven't spent time getting about 13 million total combat experience, so they would have been skilling in that time.

Most level 3's are new players?

That is why pure skillers are supposed to be cool (and once upon a time they were), because level 3's are NOT supposed to have good non combat skills.

Zerker_jane.png

with the way things are going pretty much any skill in the top 10,000 out of 2million is pretty dam good imo

as for level 3 with high skills those 70's are nothing, there not even remotely close to a 99 and you were definately in the right. There are very few actualy level 3's that are decent skillers my fav being zzzamorak

57 slayer combat level 3...

rings of recoil ftw

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Indeed. When I was going for all 70+, I thought I'd be satisfied with my stats after getting it. And now I'm going for all 80+ :D

2dvjurb.png

Indeed. When I was going for all 70+, I thought I'd be satisfied with my stats after getting it. And now I'm going for all 80+ :D

So right there. After all 60+, I wanted all 70+ and after that all 75+. I now have that and now I want all 80+ :D

2j3qh46.jpg

1m xp in a skill is high enough for me( 1m=lvl 73xp+8k xp).It really comes down to the feelings towards a skill.When I turned p2p, my most hated skill was farming.I found a good way to train it , now it's agility.

try dividing your total by your combat.

17.2 is the balance number, as its the average value if all your skills are the same be it 99, 70 or 50 and so on.

ie mine is 1816/115= 15.79.

this means i am more combat orientated as 15.8<17.2

anything below 17.2 would suggest a combat orientation

anything above 17.2 would suggest a skilling orientation

have a go and let me know what you think to this, personally i think its a better way of seeing how skilled you are as i personally think a more balanced player is a higher player, as it shows skills in all areas of the game, rather than just skilling, or combat.

**Elvengreen1**

I've been playing since 2002 and tbh I think its a personal goal thing not a people perception

I completely agree. this is only a matter of the lvls one has at the moment and ones goals. For me right now everything 70+ is high on my agenda, since thats my goal...

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

99 cooking achieved on december 7th 2008

Agi= 75 Fishing= 85 Range= 90 Fletch= 95 RC= 75 Con= 70 Herb= 80 Slayer= 85 Cook= 95 Hunter= 80 Smith= 80 Craft= 80 Magic= 95 Summon= 75 Farm= 75 Mine= 80 Thief= 75 FM= 90 Pray= 80 WC= 90. *Melee Stats*= 92 or so each. [Att,Str,Def]

These are just my personal opinions. I believe the ease to "buy" materials, allows many of these skills to lose their awe factor. One-click and sit and wait skills also lose value in my eyes. (Fish/WC/Fletch)

Summon- Farm- Thief- RC- Con- earn my most repsect. Especially Summon and Farm; just do to the sure cost and time needed.

The pure skiller, "3" cb levelers, are just too constricted in where they can train and go, so after a few capes, they can't do much more. That being said, anyone with more than 3 capes, (minus quest) impresses me somewhat... no matter what level they are. :)

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

HAI Vulxai :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well a little while back i have full bandos and still some money. i got this from fletching.

it made feel like a proper high lvl.

so maybe what i think is that to be a high you need to have expensive stuff. but imo that is not the only factor. you have to be mature enough to recongnize that what you did was either a lot of hard work or a bunch of spending money.

i dont really consider myself a high lvl but that is because everyone i know is about my lvl.

its tough call. i think it is all about perspective.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~