Partyhats - Dropping on a daily basis

@Dan3HitU

I would only want a party hat because I think they look cool. But I'm probably never going to have enough to afford one.

that's the spririt.

Rofl! :lol:

This will make people buy them, when they see that they have hit rock bottom people will start buying them and they will go back up, maybe not to where they were before GE but up and when that happens I believe that Jagex won't update the price for 3 - 5 Days? to keep manipulators out but smart investors in. ;)

The only way i would buy one of those silly hats would be if

1: I had a herb cape

2: I had a construction cape

3: I bursted up 99 summoning and have a summon cape.

4: I have a prayer cape.

5: I have a smithing cape.

6: I have a crafting cape.

Then and only then would i buy a noob-crown.

Fools_Taco.png

The only way i would buy one of those silly hats would be if

1: I had a herb cape

2: I had a construction cape

3: I bursted up 99 summoning and have a summon cape.

4: I have a prayer cape.

5: I have a smithing cape.

6: I have a crafting cape.

Then and only then would i buy a noob-crown.

True, that hat can barely pay for 99 summoning :P

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I do believe the phats are worth more than even their current price but are failing to sell because everyone has lost confidence in them. Which is for good reason as they are still falling and you would lose cash.

Its taking time but sooner or later people will start buying as they get dirt cheap. I dont think its time yet.

I do indeed wish to buy but I know I would lose cash so I wait.. and wait.. and wait.. and wait.. For like a year or whatever. I will keep waiting untill its time to buy.

Jagex caused this problem by freezing them to begin with. Now all confidence is shattered.. But its reaching that point where they getting so dirt cheap that people will buy. Just not quite yet.

Under 100m is quite cheap for a purple but no one really cares about purples under current market of godswords etc to spend cash on. Its certainly not one im interested in. The interesting phats still cost too much to risk the cash.

I dont care about making money but I rather not lose it.

I reckon they will freeze again at some point. Stay like that for 6 months or so. Once they get dirt cheap they suddenly stop moving even if they max out sales. I have no idea WHY its just weird things happen all the time with this item.

i blame jagex.

they have manipulated the prices of rares for as long as i can remember.

examples.

the dupe.

g.e.

trade limitations.

so why not just go ahead and alter the price of them in the G.E. who's going to stop them.

dam tyranical rulers.

Its funny to think but tbh if all the phat prices suddenly rose one gp they would be back in business.

That all it takes and I be forced to buy.. This has to include price rise of all of them or atleast I higher ones.

Go on jagex.. Raise them one gp. You got all the power. Of course they hate rares lol. *Goes down 1gp*

All the expensive items would go down too as people sell it all. I pretty sure people still love rares than a stupid oversized sword. Its an nice investment for those who not playing too much.

Possibly they do need to lower somewhat due to the removal of staking but all the same.. Gp is everywhere for many players. Merchanting them will just be a little different than before.

The reason they are dropping is because of item lending.

They found a way to dupe items. They borrow the item, get skulled, and then they go to the house. Right before they die, they leave the house and gravestone appears. They go back to grave, pick up item, and its theirs. Original gets returned to owner, so now there are 2. You have to time it just right.

The reason they are dropping is because of item lending.

They found a way to dupe items. They borrow the item, get skulled, and then they go to the house. Right before they die, they leave the house and gravestone appears. They go back to grave, pick up item, and its theirs. Original gets returned to owner, so now there are 2.

Ehh, no. :lol:

When you die with a lent item, it either goes back to the owner or dissapears untill the timer is up. ;)

Partyhats are said to be 100% junk and are hard to sell and easy to buy.

Quantity > Demand

Actually, I think it's because of PvP worlds.

Every expensive item that was "worthless" in the sense that it either doesn't give any bonuses, or has an identical, cheaper counterpart is going down. (Like Zamorak Armor. It's identical to rune, but has the Zamorak design. No difference in bonuses.)

This is because players would rather reap the rewards of PvP combat, and buy cheaper, but equally functional armor, rather than buy a bunch of expensive junk that has no point but to show off wealth.

I expect that there will be a decrease in the price of party hats until they are under 25m, like when there was player killing in the wilderness.

EDIT:

Here's something:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=11928&scale=1

Click on the 30 days view. Ignore the messed up graph...

If you look, you can see that this "pointless" item reached its peak price on October 15, the day PvP worlds came out. Same with most other "pointless" items.

Actually, I think it's because of PvP worlds.

Every expensive item that was "worthless" in the sense that it either doesn't give any bonuses, or has an identical, cheaper counterpart is going down. (Like Zamorak Armor. It's identical to rune, but has the Zamorak design. No difference in bonuses.)

This is because players would rather reap the rewards of PvP combat, and buy cheaper, but equally functional armor, rather than buy a bunch of expensive junk that has no point but to show off wealth.

I expect that there will be a decrease in the price of party hats until they are under 25m, like when there was player killing in the wilderness.

EDIT:

Here's something:

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem.ws?obj=11928&scale=1

Click on the 30 days view. Ignore the messed up graph...

If you look, you can see that this "pointless" item reached its peak price on October 15, the day PvP worlds came out. Same with most other "pointless" items.

Phats been going down since end of december 2007