11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

I don't know about the armor, but you can only buy one tool/game, which would make this a bad source of armor if this limitation applies to it as well.

The tools are definitely worth it for smithing though :P

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its as good as rune armour perhaps it could be used for cheap armnour on pvp worlds. Some people seem to easily get 100k points + a game so in only an hour or two you could have several sets of armour to go pking with rather than spending a couple of hundred k on rune armour

Nah, not if you want to generate a drop. Since it has no GE value, it doesn't add up to your 75k minimum risk value.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't get how you guys get so many points, I'm barely crawling over 20k... :wall:

Good citizens of Tip.It, I am glad to announce I have finally figured out how to score good points. I am now getting around 80k+ points per game, thanks everyone.

I don't know about the armor, but you can only buy one tool/game, which would make this a bad source of armor if this limitation applies to it as well.

The tools are definitely worth it for smithing though :P

Tools are one per game.

Armour, you can buy as many as you like between games.

(Atleast you could the week it came out.)

I've tested the regular morphing tool reward from Stealing Creation. I've used it in Mining. No bonus XP given. Either intentional or glitch, we'll see. :wall:

According to a friend, Fletching knife isn't that good either. Tip.it Fletching Guide says that Willow longbows give 83 xp per. When he used a morphing tool it gave 66 xp per. Apparent ripoff. Either intentional or glitch, as with the first one :wall: :wall:

I have not tested it fully yet, but for smithing it gives 30.5xp extra per bar used, resets after 96 uses

Only 2 xp extra per set of arrows when fletching. But have not tried with making bows yet or with other uses.

Just a comment about the various people complaining that the armor is "only" as good as rune armor. Actually, it is better in one way - it is much lighter (8kg for the set versus 28kg for the matching rune set).

But, beyond that, while sure, for high level characters it may not seem like much, but for those who otherwise use rune armor, it is quite valuable.

I did some research into the woodcutting of the proto tool:

when wielded: stab -2, slash +26, crush +24, strength +29

when cutting, I found the following XP gains:

normal wood: +3.4

oak: +5.7

willow: +9.1

maple: +12.4

yew: +14.2

it resets after 100 logs

Just a comment about the various people complaining that the armor is "only" as good as rune armor. Actually, it is better in one way - it is much lighter (8kg for the set versus 28kg for the matching rune set).

But, beyond that, while sure, for high level characters it may not seem like much, but for those who otherwise use rune armor, it is quite valuable.

My only gripe with the armour is that it is not stackable, even if they have the same amount of charges, each item takes up a bank slot, and I simply cannot stand re-ordering stuff in my bank!

Dark_Jab.png

Some further research:

Pickaxe:

iron ore: +4.5 xp

coal: no bonus

Mithril and Adamantite ore: +7 xp

Harpoon:

+6.15% xp bonus and is equipable so you gain one inventory slot

Fletching long bows: +48% xp (tested on normal wood through yew)

The lack of a bonus for coal mining was a bit surprising. In each case, seems that 100 uses will result in its reverting.

So far, it appears that smithing, especially iron, is the best XP gain (percentage wise), with fletching bows number two.

I still need to test it as a butterfly net.

Well I was playing this awesome new minigame then disconnected so I thought, oh well, i'll just try again. But oh no, I cannot enter the game for another 5 minutes because I *deserted* my team when I got kicked out and it wasn't my fault.

Good job jagex, punish the people that get disconnected :roll:

Why not make it like castle wars whereby if you get disconnected but connect immediately, you STAY IN THE GAME.

And before people rant and rave at me saying it's my computer, no, it's not actually, we've been trying to figure out the problem for 6 MONTHS and have finally found out after more than 30 possible problems solved, that it's our internet provider - who keep blaming our fone provider... and i'm actually having to quit RS because of it after all this time putting up with it.

The least jagex could do is keep you in the minigame if you disconnect for a second :evil: for me, it's too little, too late.

I had this 3 times in a row now. First 2 times I DC when starting the game, the third time I finally could start it, but I dced like halfway. Yay...

i have to say i love this minigame, about time there was a skiller's minigame.

A skillers mini-game that doesn't give XP and has meh rewards

Meh rewards? I've gone from 80-90 smithing with the new tool, its pretty freaking ownage!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Like most people they expect a new pickaxe to make iron 20x better xp for grinding. :roll:

Go check out xp rates then tell us how "meh" the rewards are.

Oh and you can save like 100k for a rune platebody and legs with the platebody/leg armour

And save ~150k for the mystic equal robes.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Smithing (80-88)

25,765 Bars with SC (13.39M)

38,338 Bars w/o SC (19.93M)

12,573 Bars difference (6.54M)

I really dont mind saving nearly 16 hours and 6.54M, 33% less time and money is a huge advantage.

Having 7 stats below 60 fails :< Having 2 skilling stats above 80 fails even more :<

Guess I'm gonna have to start skilling to play this game a lot more effectively :S I'm getting horrible scores per game lol... probably should stick to thieving and/or killing people and maybe having a friend help me get some level 5 armour and weapons... Considering I'm 81 thieving and this:

[11] <[OH]RuneScript> *** [ COMBAT % ]: theuberelite is 85.01% combat based, with 82,878,278 combat based exp, and 97,491,315 total exp.

By the way, how do the runes work from different level clays?

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Smithing (80-88)

I really dont mind saving nearly 16 hours and 6.54M, 33% less time and money is a huge advantage.

You need to factor in the time taken to obtain the tools. Given the fact you can only purchase 1 per game the max you can get is 3 per hour. Therefore it will take 8 hours ish to get the 24 tools needed. That cuts the time saving in half, but the tools are still of great benefit.

On a sidenote Jagex have announced their plans for the rework of the rewards, details here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=771509&start=0

chumley.png

Smithing (80-88)

You need to factor in the time taken to obtain the tools. Given the fact you can only purchase 1 per game the max you can get is 3 per hour. Therefore it will take 8 hours ish to get the 24 tools needed. That cuts the time saving in half, but the tools are still of great benefit.

On a sidenote Jagex have announced their plans for the rework of the rewards, details here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=771509&start=0

Yah but the game is super fun so I do it for a few hours each night with friends anyways :D. Time to get the tools is probably around 25 minutes each, this puts it just under 11 hours to get 26 tools needed for 25.7k bars. So then what I am left with is 5+ hours saved, 6.54M saved, and some additional mage exp from SC.