Acne

aeternitatis

My doctor prescribed my tetracycline for my acne. Works amazingly considering I used to have really bad acne and now I just have occasional breakouts when I'm not keeping up with my normal routine.

This is what I use and it works great. It dries out my skin a lot though, but I just use a moisturizer every night after and it's fine.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My doctor prescribed my tetracycline for my acne. Works amazingly considering I used to have really bad acne and now I just have occasional breakouts when I'm not keeping up with my normal routine.

I'm on tetracycline as well. Works reasonably well, and is really quite cheap. ;)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I don't get it badly either. I just use oxy pads once a night.

I've never gotten it period. What are oxy pads?

Make sure not to wash your face with soap. Unless you're bathing in bacon grease.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUMMEH

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

DO NOT blindly take Roaccutane.

It's ridiculously potent--I was looking up some of it's side-effects, and, well, they're terrible.

Do not use it unless all other methods are exhausted.

My friend, who until recently had a lot of acne, always praises holistic medicines. Ayurvedic medicines.

It apparently worked better than the specific, processed stuff that they hand out in pills.

But yeah. Don't want to see another person suffer some Roaccutane related consequences. Check it out with your doctor first.

They're overstated on the internet. The only thing you're certain to get it dried skin/lips. When I was prescribed, I was only told of possible depression risk, and liver failure. But this is why monthly checkup and blood test are here. Then there's the iPledge program. But I suppose it is a bit of a hassle, and there is an antibiotic equivalent. Really, I was just told it was used as a last measure, but with my studies in medicine since, it's progressed beyond that.

I don't get it badly either. I just use oxy pads once a night.

Make sure not to wash your face with soap. Unless you're bathing in bacon grease.

Sorry, I don't agree with that. You should use soap twice a day, preferably with triclocarbon or salicylic acid. Triclocarbon is a common antibacterial agent used in soaps, such as from Dial. Salicylic acid, which you've probably used before, causes the skin cells to shed more rapidly than normal. Which, if your acne is caused by blockage of pores from dead skin cells, may aid in reducing acne.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Sorry, I don't agree with that. You should use soap twice a day, preferably with triclocarbon or salicylic acid. Triclocarbon is a common antibacterial agent used in soaps, such as from Dial. Salicylic acid, which you've probably used before, causes the skin cells to shed more rapidly than normal. Which, if your acne is caused by blockage of pores from dead skin cells, may aid in reducing acne.

ugh, skin care is so complicated :?

mbqyk3.gif

Does anyone know if popping zits is a good way to get rid of them? I don't mean the usual teenage thumb-and-index-finger technique thats just loaded with bacteria and only pushes some of the puss deeper. I mean taking a sterelized needle, piercing a tiny hole, then using tweezers to squeeze the SIDES so that everything comes out and nothing gets shoved in deeper. I saw that on a website. I tried it, it seems to be working. You have to make sure you do it hygenically and don't make the hole too big or you'll get a scar. I've tried it and I think it does work. But I want to know if there's any long term side effects (like all the leftover puss coming together and forming a tumor sized zit on your nose when you're 40 years old :ohnoes: )

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Does anyone know if popping zits is a good way to get rid of them? I don't mean the usual teenage thumb-and-index-finger technique thats just loaded with bacteria and only pushes some of the puss deeper. I mean taking a sterelized needle, piercing a tiny hole, then using tweezers to squeeze the SIDES so that everything comes out and nothing gets shoved in deeper. I saw that on a website. I tried it, it seems to be working. You have to make sure you do it hygenically and don't make the hole too big or you'll get a scar. I've tried it and I think it does work. But I want to know if there's any long term side effects (like all the leftover puss coming together and forming a tumor sized zit on your nose when you're 40 years old :ohnoes: )

You shouldn't pop them at all. However, we all know it's inevitable, so yes, that's the best way to do it. Then use an antibacterial ointment or solution on the area, soap would work fine as well.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Well, I guess since I started the other thread I can help.

The diet thing I did worked, but you had to continuously watch what you ate and drink a lot of water. What you eat would have to be things that don't cause acne to appear and are healthy for you.

The diet was awful, tbh. I was starving by day 3.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Meh, I just use thumb and index finger.

iteme3721.jpg

Oh acne. I have it pretty severe and nothing has heped so far so they finally put me on isotretinoin (accutane, roaccutane, isotane, sotret, isotrex: some of the other names for the medicine). I'm in my second month and its made my skin so much worse than before but this is one of the side effects. It gets worse before it gets better. I also struggle with not picking at them or popping them. I'm sure if I didn't touch them they would go away much faster. My only side effects are chapped lips and dried skin. For my lips I use blistex medicated chap stick cause the lip balmish stuff makes it look like your wearing lip gloss. For my skin because it gets flaky I use Cetaphil daily moisturizor. (sp?) I am required to get blood work monthly because of it and I am not allowed to drink. Your also not supposed to take painkillers such as Vicoden or oxycotton. My acne actually has become much more painful since going on the medicine. But since my dermotologist put me on a 6 month program I am not even half way there. So hopefully by month three it will improve. Acne also effects my self esteem and my confidence with girls but there are plenty of girls that talk to me and I notice they look into my eyes (maybe cause my skin isn't the best or maybe its cause I got "best eyes" my 8th grade year in the yearbook :D ) But I know plenty of boys with bad skin who have girlfriends. So just forget about your acne (which is almost impossible to do unless your occupied with something) and just give it a go at being outgoing. A LOT of people love outgoing people so just be yourself and do work.

JP6352.gif

f0nbkz.png

^Lol French Servers...

Personally, I havn't had much acne, but honestly, I don't care if I do. I know it isn't easy but just think that everyone has acne, and anyone with half a brain shouldn't think less of you becuase you do.

As for remedies, a friend of mine has horrible acne, and I mean horrible. Like the worst acne you have ever seen. He spent years trying to control it and gave me a few tips.

1) Do NOT touch your face. Fingers are oily.

2) Keep your hair out of your face. If it is long; tie it back, or cut it.

3) Try Acatane(sp?). It is incredibly intense, and you must sign waivers to use it, but it does work. It got rid of his instantly, and he had huge problems. But you need to be aware of the side affects as well. Good luck.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti