The wilderness : Wtf happened?

bulletq

I'm an old school pker. I left this game for around two years. While gone I was aware that the wilderness had been replaced with bh but didnt really care because I wasn't playing the game.. So it didn't matter to me. After hearing that PVP worlds had been introduced, I fired up both of my old characters and got ready to have some fun.

Seriously, what the f**k has happened to the wilderness? When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing... it's almost impossible to find a pker who doesnt do every one of those (bar perhaps praying) on my pure, in the previous 12 hours I have died NINE frickin times to pjers. Nine. It is absolutely pathetic that this generation of pkers, some of them set their strategy and purpose around pking. Blitzing ddsers/maulers... Voiding Dark bow speccers.... even just huge pain in the arse one itemers who think its.... funny? to spec you when your about to kill someone? it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them. Now, it's more like.. well if I let myself on that much health some [bleep]wit with a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out. It is UNHEARD of to get a kill, and not find yourself being butt-raped by some ranger or ddser. And it is really just tiring me out. The old wilderness had all their codes set up. This new generation of pkers seriously just pisses me off. They have no morals, no honour, basically they make pking an unentertaining experience.

The old wild was never like that. I think you got Runescape mixed up with Club Penguin.

it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them.

I really can't think of anything to say here, which is unusual for me. At the very least, there is a sticky for these rants...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Seriously, what the f**k has happened to the wilderness? When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing...

Ok well you must have been lucky because I always found people teled when near to death anyways. And lots of people prayed, and lots of people ate to full HP. There's nothing wrong with it per se, except those people unfortunately like you, that believe in not doing these things.

it's almost impossible to find a pker who doesnt do every one of those (bar perhaps praying) on my pure, in the previous 12 hours I have died NINE frickin times to pjers.

Bad luck, or more organised players. Fight fire with fire.

Nine. It is absolutely pathetic that this generation of pkers, some of them set their strategy and purpose around pking. Blitzing ddsers/maulers... Voiding Dark bow speccers.... even just huge pain in the arse one itemers who think its.... funny? to spec you when your about to kill someone?

I don't see what you're getting at, they're using a weapons' special attack. Big whoop? Or are you referring still to PJ'ing? In which case see my above comment.

it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them. Now, it's more like.. well if I let myself on that much health some [bleep]wit with a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out.

You can't trust other people not to kill you, it's your own fault for letting your HP drop that low.

It is UNHEARD of to get a kill, and not find yourself being butt-raped by some ranger or ddser.

Do you have a problem against rangers? Or players with a DDS? If you do you have a problem with RS.

And it is really just tiring me out. The old wilderness had all their codes set up. This new generation of pkers seriously just pisses me off. They have no morals, no honour, basically they make pking an unentertaining experience.

This may be true, but you can't just expect everything to be back the "way it was". New PK'ers use new techniques, and you have to try to overcome it. PK'ing is a challenge ; rise up to it.

Duckie_Wins.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=747861

There's the sticky about everything, EVERYTHING wilderness related.

Also, things change.

Instead of "honor", people decided to start using their advantages over other players. "Safing", "Praying", "Teleing" is now seen by quite a few people as "Hey, they just used an advantage accessible to them. Their actually USING their heads instead of taking it like an idiot."

Honor PvP has died, so you'll have to adapt or just not PvP -.-

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

ITT:

Dear Jagex,

I know I haven't played in about two years, and obviously I've forgotten and twisted my views on how the game used to be, but I'm going to comment on it going downhill. Again, I haven't played in two years, can't remember how the game used to be, so I'm just going to make something up about player behavior and use that as my argument. I'm going to refer to the old pkers much like the Gods are referenced to in the game, they were once here. I saw them, but you all clearly didn't, newbs, that's why I'm right and you're wrong if you tell me pkers never acted like that.

Thanks,

Signed a previous Pker with honor, morals, who likes making pking an entertaining experience for those that I'm killing.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

ITT:

Dear Jagex,

I know I haven't played in about two years, and obviously I've forgotten and twisted my views on how the game used to be, but I'm going to comment on it going downhill. Again, I haven't played in two years, can't remember how the game used to be, so I'm just going to make something up about player behavior and use that as my argument. I'm going to refer to the old pkers much like the Gods are referenced to in the game, they were once here. I saw them, but you all clearly didn't, newbs, that's why I'm right and you're wrong if you tell me pkers never acted like that.

Thanks,

Signed a previous Pker with honor, morals, who likes making pking an entertaining experience for those that I'm killing.

Pretty much sums this topic up in a nut shell :D .

I don't see why people look on the past in such a rose-tinted way. It's just like in real life where you get adults complaining of kids 'lack of respect' for their elders ;)

Pking was always a brutal, no holds barred affair, everyone uses their abilities as best they can in order to win. Though maybe I just never found the old 'honour' areas where 'honourable' Pker's went *cough* Duel Arena *cough*

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

I never really pked, I wouldn't know how it was back then. But I will say this: The PK now sucks. It's way to easy for people to run away.

The 3-hit rule back in RSC was gold. You couldn't run away from a fight until the enemy had hit you 3 times. PVP characters were made to have as much power as possible, to KO their target during these 3 hits.

ITT:

Dear Jagex,

Thanks,

You, sir, are overflowing with own.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out.

i can promise you, you will never be specced out by a dragon bow. (unless the actually RELEASE a dragon bow). Morals were created by pkers, not by JaGex, no one has to follow them. I can't believe that you think that the Runescape community is going to adhere to pkers silly "rules" just because you think its "sad".

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing...

ORLY? All about Honour?? No safin?? No praying?? No pjing???? NO TELEING??

ROFL! Made me laugh... Wilderness awas always like that, and 2 years ago it was at it's max. Or your lieing or you never actualy pked... And honour... bah

ib7rVm.png

All is fair in love and war. Pking will always have devious underhanded tricks that people hate, why? Because they work! When you go into PvP, you put your life on the line, so anything to survive should and IS to be expected. If it doesn't work for you, then time to look at your strategy and adjust. Many would consider my methods a variation on one-itemers, but it tends to get me more kills. Then again, level range has another factor on effective tactics.

in jagex's attempts to stop real world trading the completely re did the game the figured if trading was the only thing changed then pepeol would just trade by going to the wilderness with nothing but the money and die to give it to another player

but as i rememebr the wilderness it was only slightly less sucky then now 95 percent of all pkers were anchents so no stratagy was needed it only offered a good cash reward if somebody was stupid enough to bring loads of money out to the wilderness

and players swarmed defenseless noobs 20 to one just because they were bored of siting thare waiting for somebody good to come along when dealing with runescape integrety is all but lost sad but true but i find that even killing monsters is a more reliable way of obtaining income unless ur in pking for the fun (how you can find getting called a noob fun as the person ur about to kill telaports away just before defeat can be considered fun is beyond me) but to each his own

spending a lifetime dreaming of her

warewolf135.png

"show me what its like to dream in black and white"

spelling is my greatest weakness >.<

"hey hey stupidity got us into a economic crises maybe it can get us out of one!"

proud player since late 2003 (taking only 3 breaks from the game)

I'm an old school pker. I left this game for around two years. While gone I was aware that the wilderness had been replaced with bh but didnt really care because I wasn't playing the game.. So it didn't matter to me. After hearing that PVP worlds had been introduced, I fired up both of my old characters and got ready to have some fun.

Seriously, what the f**k has happened to the wilderness? When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing... it's almost impossible to find a pker who doesnt do every one of those (bar perhaps praying) on my pure, in the previous 12 hours I have died NINE frickin times to pjers. Nine. It is absolutely pathetic that this generation of pkers, some of them set their strategy and purpose around pking. Blitzing ddsers/maulers... Voiding Dark bow speccers.... even just huge pain in the arse one itemers who think its.... funny? to spec you when your about to kill someone? it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them. Now, it's more like.. well if I let myself on that much health some [bleep]wit with a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out. It is UNHEARD of to get a kill, and not find yourself being butt-raped by some ranger or ddser. And it is really just tiring me out. The old wilderness had all their codes set up. This new generation of pkers seriously just pisses me off. They have no morals, no honour, basically they make pking an unentertaining experience.

^ I agree, im also an old school pker. the wilderness ditch was okay, but times before even the wilderness ditch were better. Just came back to rs to see how these pvp worlds are like.

Xrakeo :

old rune pure

ex - hf member

94 mage nov.14th, 06

retired for now

When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing...

ORLY? All about Honour?? No safin?? No praying?? No pjing???? NO TELEING??

ROFL! Made me laugh... Wilderness awas always like that, and 2 years ago it was at it's max. Or your lieing or you never actualy pked... And honour... bah

there were the times before pest control for those of you who dont remember, safing,pjing

etc was at its minimum.

Xrakeo :

old rune pure

ex - hf member

94 mage nov.14th, 06

retired for now

• 1 month later...
Seriously, what the f**k has happened to the wilderness? When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing...

Ok well you must have been lucky because I always found people teled when near to death anyways. And lots of people prayed, and lots of people ate to full HP. There's nothing wrong with it per se, except those people unfortunately like you, that believe in not doing these things.

it's almost impossible to find a pker who doesnt do every one of those (bar perhaps praying) on my pure, in the previous 12 hours I have died NINE frickin times to pjers.

Bad luck, or more organised players. Fight fire with fire.

Nine. It is absolutely pathetic that this generation of pkers, some of them set their strategy and purpose around pking. Blitzing ddsers/maulers... Voiding Dark bow speccers.... even just huge pain in the arse one itemers who think its.... funny? to spec you when your about to kill someone?

I don't see what you're getting at, they're using a weapons' special attack. Big whoop? Or are you referring still to PJ'ing? In which case see my above comment.

it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them. Now, it's more like.. well if I let myself on that much health some [bleep]wit with a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out.

You can't trust other people not to kill you, it's your own fault for letting your HP drop that low.

It is UNHEARD of to get a kill, and not find yourself being butt-raped by some ranger or ddser.

Do you have a problem against rangers? Or players with a DDS? If you do you have a problem with RS.

And it is really just tiring me out. The old wilderness had all their codes set up. This new generation of pkers seriously just pisses me off. They have no morals, no honour, basically they make pking an unentertaining experience.

This may be true, but you can't just expect everything to be back the "way it was". New PK'ers use new techniques, and you have to try to overcome it. PK'ing is a challenge ; rise up to it.

There is no "honor" or "honor code" in Player Killing. It's kill or be killed. You're obviously disillusioned about how the old style of PKing was.

You're not supposed to have morals or honor in PKing. If you do, you're stupid and just inconveniencing yourself.

I will now drizzle rage dressing onto the salad of fury!

Last i checked; Pile-Jumping, tb'ing, eating, prayer, telepoting etc was just the same as it is now. you honestly think im going to NOT use prayer? i got this skill for a good reason and im onig to put it to use even if im labeled as a "Hethen" to pk'ing. 8-)

and Pile-Jumping was ALWAYS there, you walk out from edgeville, you got 5 following you hoping that you dropn that "One" item your holding (for me, a DDS).

Popoto.~<3