The wilderness : Wtf happened?

bulletq

despite all arguements against the original poster...I agree. I'm a main acc, I have lotsa def, but I LOVE Pk'ing. I'm jsut no good. So I made a magic pure, back in the old wildy days. And there was moral standards. There will always be noobs who will go arround and be jackass and pj, but in those days, not as common. The worst the was "the hillz" which was an area in about 18(?) wildy where like 35 ppl would pile anyone. But all ethics were in place. I didn't farcast, I didn't teleport (not too often...) and ppl sed "gf" on death instead of "*******************************! You ***K sh*t *********!" When BH came out, a common tactic of making a giant team and standing in the center, wiating for your "prey" to bounty locate you was invented. As Jagex has gone through 3 Types of Pk'ing in about 2 years. They are just stacking the new PvP updates on top of eachother, and now, everyone has forgotten old pk'ing, ethics and morals. It would do the new pk'ers good to go watch a freakin' "Purple Ownz" or "Kids Ranqe" or "Elvemage" pk'ing video, AND SEE HOW PK'ING IS SUPPOSED TO BE

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

Honor pking is overrated. People do whatever they can to keep their items and get kills, its the way PVP works.

I'm sorry if people don't just bow down to you and die like you might be used to.

Not only that, old wildy was never without pjing, it happened then, it happens now. Good luck good bye, get lost.

O.O

Lmao RS2 pking hasnt ever been about honor, everyone teleports, prays etc, (no, im not saying that they dont have the right to do so, but some of u gets the point) Lets say like at 2002-2003 was great pking years at classic, that time it was about honor and respect, if someone teleported, or logged, he will be remembered, and if it was a top pker, within a day every well known pker would know about it. Now at RS2, no-one would give a ****, because everyone is doing so.

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

I'm an old school pker. I left this game for around two years. While gone I was aware that the wilderness had been replaced with bh but didnt really care because I wasn't playing the game.. So it didn't matter to me. After hearing that PVP worlds had been introduced, I fired up both of my old characters and got ready to have some fun.

Seriously, what the f**k has happened to the wilderness? When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing... it's almost impossible to find a pker who doesnt do every one of those (bar perhaps praying) on my pure, in the previous 12 hours I have died NINE frickin times to pjers. Nine. It is absolutely pathetic that this generation of pkers, some of them set their strategy and purpose around pking. Blitzing ddsers/maulers... Voiding Dark bow speccers.... even just huge pain in the arse one itemers who think its.... funny? to spec you when your about to kill someone? it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them. Now, it's more like.. well if I let myself on that much health some [bleep]wit with a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out. It is UNHEARD of to get a kill, and not find yourself being butt-raped by some ranger or ddser. And it is really just tiring me out. The old wilderness had all their codes set up. This new generation of pkers seriously just pisses me off. They have no morals, no honour, basically they make pking an unentertaining experience.

Honor code? Thats pathetic. Thats a lie. There IS NO HONOR in the wildy, and there never was. That is what made the widy so great. In fact, its people like you, people who try to impose their HIGH MORAL STANDARDS ON A VIDEO GAME , who helped bring about this stupid update. It was people like you that caused the installation of the Great Ditch Of Stupidity. It was people like you who pushed the trade limit becasue of "Honor", becasue you believedd you were entitled to destroy this game for everyone else just because YOU PERSONALLY think that

"ZZZ0MG IM GONNEA DIE BC I L0000000057 m3H F3IGH7333 d000000d!!!!!!0nezz!!!!"

"GIMM333 t333h 99 at t3h begen of t333333h gamzz"

IT IS A ******* VIDEO GAME. OMG. Seriously, are you that overwhelmed when you lose a little gold to a PJer? Just rc and you can make it back! Isn't it even a little fun to start all over again? IF it isn't then this game is not the game for you, and I would ask you to PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GTF off of RS. People like you are going to get every aspect of gamaplay controlled!!

I Can see it now:

UPDATE June 1, 2009:

-Becasue of the P J ing threat you can no longer chose who to duel with. We are also eliminating clans and friend's lists becasue of the complaint that some people have more than others.

-Becasue of the threat of dieing, you can no longer kill another player. PKing is eliminated. Instead we are replacing this with a new feature that will allow you to count all of the bots our 12/11/07 updates failed to stop.

-Becasue of the economic disadvantages among certain players, we are eliminating all weapons and armor. This will ensure that you cheating ******* who "worked" for your equipment cant use it to gain an advantage over another player.

:twss: -becasue some players have higher levels than others, we are eliminating the level system.

I realize you did not suggest most of these things be added, but when you IMPOSE YOUR moral code on others, EVERYONES MORAL CODE must be taken into account. Plus, this is just a game anyway! It blew me away to see all of the melodramatic statements that people made when they were P J ed, ro PKed or scammed or anything. As it is a PART of the game there are methods to FIGHT things like PJing. Isnt there a special armor set that ..........hits higher when you have low hp? Oh that's right dhorak's! :twss: oh no, wait a minute, that would be too easy a solution. no, we cant have that. You could have a friend watch for PJers, but no that would just be too hard. You cant actually PLAY THE GAME. no, there is no choice but to CHANGE THE ENTIRE GAME just for YOU.

When you go into a PVP world or BH, or any of the other lousy replacements for the wildy, you ASSUME RISK. If you refuse to accept a RISK then GO AWAY.

[/end rant] :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Mean Rant: A code of honor? What kind of [cabbage] are you pulling?

I never was big on PKing back in the day, I would usually group up and get into clan wars or stuff, but there was never honor in the wild.

IF THERE WERE HONOR:

I could've actually done the agility course for a little while without dying from some arse who thinks its fun to kill people who just want to level up.

I could've killed dragons without some arse killing me...

I could've completed clue scrolls without some arse killing me...

I could've done quests without some arse killing me...

I could've teleported from Ardounge to go get my god staff without some arse waiting there and killing me...

The wild had no honor. It was kill or be killed, which rendered people just wanting to get quests and skill stuff done, scared of doing anything. I couldn't go train on anything the way the people acted...

In the Dragon Slayer quest I believe (or maybe it was a members one, I can't remember) you have to go through the lava maze, and get to a chest...some arse followed me the whole way and killed me right at the gate using magic instead of his bronze sword...

And what do you expect when your playing on a world populated by a lot of people who were not familiar with the original wild, most of them are there thinking its just for fun, and not a "lifestyle choice". The Pkers made it sound like their lives were completely revolved around making their character better and killing people...

Some people (I know its hard to believe) play the game for fun...

I never can respect people who create pures and all that specifically to kill other players and complain about the other players who play for fun instead of the joy of ruining other peoples fun.

In conclusion, if the PKing worlds are unsatisfactory, quite simply quit whining, join WoW like everyone else seems to do, and go have fun PKing...if thats not your style, Club Penguin has some intense PvP (I'm sure it might take a little while to get used to pwning noobs at ice fishing minigames and connect 4, but trust me, you'll get used to it...)

I'll end it since everything I write seems to critique everything said...I was born to be a critic...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I quite simply agree with the poster of the thread! I have been playing for 5 years now, I have Pked in both present and past, and he is correct. I am assuming that the people that do the above (not inc pilers) especially safing enjoy wasting there food. They do not seem to realise that by safing people will generally not fight you. You waste your pots, prayer and food on an idiot not willing to lose his stuff. In my oppinion defies the object of the wilderness and risk.

I believe in honour pking, always have, always will. If you ever see my account safing, it is because I have been hacked. See vids on Youtube for proof of this.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

While the honour was out of the building during the time there was no pking, and even during the all BH era, people discovered something new, something that let them kill like never before, they discovered...effectiveness.

I can't speak fo rthe low level pking, but for the higher levels, they aren't all pures anymore. Alot of them are just people with high levels in one or more areas (being strong in two is almost compulsory), who wear valuble items. Alost of these players have high prayer levels, and many can summon too (though from my very tiny experiance this is not overly common except for the most powerful of summons). A level 90 or 100 with say 50+ prayer is not going to sit around and be slaughtered by someone a few levels below them who has higher stats in most/all relavent areas (melee, range or magic). They are going to use there prayer to conquor or survive the attack.

Prayer especial is vital to use. Anyone with a decent praer level is not only ignoreing a potential advantage by not using it, but is potentialy being disadvantaged by it, because in pvp a combat level from an unused stats is a burden.

People are now willing to attack and kill whatever they can. In time, honor may enter the sceen, but for now, learn to expect to be pj'ed and prayer against, and learn to compensate.

The wilderness was never like that. You're just imagining things. I'm not even posting right now, it's just an illusion.

Woooooooooooooo!

Be afraid... rather afraid!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• 2 weeks later...
bulletq wrote:

I'm an old school pker. I left this game for around two years. While gone I was aware that the wilderness had been replaced with bh but didnt really care because I wasn't playing the game.. So it didn't matter to me. After hearing that PVP worlds had been introduced, I fired up both of my old characters and got ready to have some fun.

Seriously, what the f**k has happened to the wilderness? When I pked, it was all about honour.. no safing, no praying, no pjing, no teleing... it's almost impossible to find a pker who doesnt do every one of those (bar perhaps praying) on my pure, in the previous 12 hours I have died NINE frickin times to pjers. Nine. It is absolutely pathetic that this generation of pkers, some of them set their strategy and purpose around pking. Blitzing ddsers/maulers... Voiding Dark bow speccers.... even just huge pain in the arse one itemers who think its.... funny? to spec you when your about to kill someone? it used to be that you let your hp to a certain amt knowing that they wudnt you hit because if they did they would die to your hitting them. Now, it's more like.. well if I let myself on that much health some [bleep]wit with a dragon bow or maul is gonna spec me out. It is UNHEARD of to get a kill, and not find yourself being butt-raped by some ranger or ddser. And it is really just tiring me out. The old wilderness had all their codes set up. This new generation of pkers seriously just pisses me off. They have no morals, no honour, basically they make pking an unentertaining experience.

Honor code? Thats pathetic. Thats a lie. There IS NO HONOR in the wildy, and there never was. That is what made the widy so great. In fact, its people like you, people who try to impose their HIGH MORAL STANDARDS ON A VIDEO GAME , who helped bring about this stupid update. It was people like you that caused the installation of the Great Ditch Of Stupidity. It was people like you who pushed the trade limit becasue of "Honor", becasue you believedd you were entitled to destroy this game for everyone else just because YOU PERSONALLY think that

"ZZZ0MG IM GONNEA DIE BC I L0000000057 m3H F3IGH7333 d000000d!!!!!!0nezz!!!!"

"GIMM333 t333h 99 at t3h begen of t333333h gamzz"

IT IS A ******* VIDEO GAME. OMG. Seriously, are you that overwhelmed when you lose a little gold to a PJer? Just rc and you can make it back! Isn't it even a little fun to start all over again? IF it isn't then this game is not the game for you, and I would ask you to PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GTF off of RS. People like you are going to get every aspect of gamaplay controlled!!

I Can see it now:

UPDATE June 1, 2009:

-Becasue of the P J ing threat you can no longer chose who to duel with. We are also eliminating clans and friend's lists becasue of the complaint that some people have more than others.

-Becasue of the threat of dieing, you can no longer kill another player. PKing is eliminated. Instead we are replacing this with a new feature that will allow you to count all of the bots our 12/11/07 updates failed to stop.

-Becasue of the economic disadvantages among certain players, we are eliminating all weapons and armor. This will ensure that you cheating ******* who "worked" for your equipment cant use it to gain an advantage over another player.

-becasue some players have higher levels than others, we are eliminating the level system.

I realize you did not suggest most of these things be added, but when you IMPOSE YOUR moral code on others, EVERYONES MORAL CODE must be taken into account. Plus, this is just a game anyway! It blew me away to see all of the melodramatic statements that people made when they were P J ed, ro PKed or scammed or anything. As it is a PART of the game there are methods to FIGHT things like PJing. Isnt there a special armor set that ..........hits higher when you have low hp? Oh that's right dhorak's! oh no, wait a minute, that would be too easy a solution. no, we cant have that. You could have a friend watch for PJers, but no that would just be too hard. You cant actually PLAY THE GAME. no, there is no choice but to CHANGE THE ENTIRE GAME just for YOU.

When you go into a PVP world or BH, or any of the other lousy replacements for the wildy, you ASSUME RISK. If you refuse to accept a RISK then GO AWAY.

[/end rant]

TheDayRsDied, You're starting to piss me off tbh. Read my post on your other forum please. Also, if Rs is dead I've got a great game for you!

REAL LIFE!

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

• 2 weeks later...

*Looks at Teleblock*

*Looks at Ice barrage*

*Looks at a friend who can cast `Heal Other`*

*Looks at hybrid pking gear*

*Looks at Torags and other High defence armors*

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

despite all arguements against the original poster...I agree. I'm a main acc, I have lotsa def, but I LOVE Pk'ing. I'm jsut no good. So I made a magic pure, back in the old wildy days. And there was moral standards. There will always be noobs who will go arround and be jackass and pj, but in those days, not as common. The worst the was "the hillz" which was an area in about 18(?) wildy where like 35 ppl would pile anyone. But all ethics were in place. I didn't farcast, I didn't teleport (not too often...) and ppl sed "gf" on death instead of "*******************************! You ***K sh*t *********!" When BH came out, a common tactic of making a giant team and standing in the center, wiating for your "prey" to bounty locate you was invented. As Jagex has gone through 3 Types of Pk'ing in about 2 years. They are just stacking the new PvP updates on top of eachother, and now, everyone has forgotten old pk'ing, ethics and morals. It would do the new pk'ers good to go watch a freakin' "Purple Ownz" or "Kids Ranqe" or "Elvemage" pk'ing video, AND SEE HOW PK'ING IS SUPPOSED TO BE

This is what makes no sense. Why would killing each other have rules? Ethics? That's completely against the point. Pking is meant to be dangerous, and it is. You need to do all you can to survive, and that's what these tactics have always been for. Moral standards?!? You're killing people. That's against just about everyone's moral standard. People aren't just going to sit back and say, "aww, I lost. Good fight." before they die. They'll do everything they can to save their items. If you're angry that people won't lay down and die for you, the deal with it. It's not going to change, and that's how it almost always was.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Come to think of it, if 99% of the RS population who PKED suddenly took up honor pking the remaining 1% of pkers would get rich from pjing because everyone is sitting outside the GE with no armor, great weapons, no prayers, 10% hp and some warped concepts about honor.

O.O

Someone complaining about dying, well that is a new one.

PKing has never been about honour, and anyone who did play by honour always came up short. Pking is about killing, and not dying yourself. I don't mean to be mean but instead of asking everyone else to change their strategies, why don't you change yours?? You are getting killed constantly with your strategy, and not getting any kills yourself. Instead of asking everyone else to change their strategy, maybe you should change yours instead.

I thought i would just mention that PvP worlds are not a new idea, infact it is one of the oldest Rs ideas that the Gowers had. When Rs first started all worlds in RsC were Pvp there was no wilderness because you kill another player anywhere on the map. I dont remeber much honor about then either. But that was probably because i was trying to mine bronze to sell to delendrose at 20gp a bar for a full set of steel.

With all the updates to fighting techniques (anything after rune, or past basic arrows or normal spells) have forced Jagex into changing the wilderness. I noticed a mention to the old 3 hit then run rule, this was fine when 3 max hits couldnt kill a 99hp or even 80 hp acc but now 3 lucky/unlucky hits (or even 2) can kill even a max lvled opponent.

Everyone sights pker`s as having lost out. But if i remeber right people only started to create pking accounts around 2003, and therin lies the problem. Pking has in a sense always been the first mini game. Its something done for a bit of fun. Oh and just to give the "old school" pkers a bit of hope i still fight in the "honor" way, not because i want to give you my items (or equilivent) but because it dosent matter if i die it is fun to play around for a bit. Plus my usual tactic of higher lvl player hunting normally reduces my life span quiet a bit :ugeek:

I'd redo my membership tomorrow if the old wild came back. I had always told myself that before I called it quits for good, I would buy all the PK supplies I could and just burn my back. I took a break the month before and when I came back I realized it was all over. 30m+ bank I was going to have a blast with is pretty much useless.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png