Marijuana, why isn't it legalized?

aeternitatis

The whole world needs to legalize ganja. I smoke nearly everday, My grades are fine. I tend to do stupid and lawbreaking acts, but's thats just how I am. Weed easies my mind or cures my headache or if i'm just feeling down. There's absolutely no reason why marijuana is illegal other than the fact our government is a bunch of [wagon].

Blaming your acting on your personality, curing a problem by purging into a drug, blaming the government for what's wrong with everything. Sounds like you're in denial.

No, I don't think weed should be legalized. The idea that weed is some magical cure all drug is a lie.

p.s. I feel this way about a lot of drugs that are even legalized.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole world needs to legalize ganja. I smoke nearly everday, My grades are fine. I tend to do stupid and lawbreaking acts, but's thats just how I am. Weed easies my mind or cures my headache or if i'm just feeling down. There's absolutely no reason why marijuana is illegal other than the fact our government is a bunch of [wagon].

Blaming your acting on your personality, curing a problem by purging into a drug, blaming the government for what's wrong with everything. Sounds like you're in denial.

No, I don't think weed should be legalized. The idea that weed is some magical cure all drug is a lie.

Very nice play on words =D>

-Marijuana doesn't make you go do stupid things. Society has led us to believe it makes us stupid so people end up acting like marijuana makes them stupid when they're high. The little bastards needs to chill out and remember what they're representing.

-Drugs cure MANY problems. Remember that every medicine is really a drug, many of which can be used recreationally. I'd rather take a drug than sit around and feel like [cabbage] all day or risk death for that matter. If you're up for taking your chances and whatnot, feel free too but I for one will be enjoying the drugs we have these days.

-The gov't is the problem when it comes to marijuana. It is illegal partially due to racism back in the 30's or 40's and hippies in the late 60's. The gov't didn't like the Mexican's using marijuana recreationally so they made it illegal as a way to ship them back to Mexico or put them in jail. Then the gov't got tired of the hippies protesting their war back in the 60's so the gov't started cracking down on marijuana (because it was technically illegal) as a way to get rid of the hippies. There's no good reason as to why marijuana is illegal.

-Marijuana is not a magical cure all drug and anyone who believes that is a damn fool. However, marijuana does have it's medical purposes and has even been shown to slow the progress of cancerous cells. If anything, I think that makes it worth legalizing for medical use.

Well, just saying, all you folks who think life will be wonderful if it gets legalized - think reaaaall hard. Tobacco companies will likely band together and monopolize the industry, and will [cabbage] chemicals on your lovely weed.

Just an FYI. Not to mention, that [cabbage] would probably get expensive once they throw something like nicotine in...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Well, just saying, all you folks who think life will be wonderful if it gets legalized - think reaaaall hard. Tobacco companies will likely band together and monopolize the industry, and will [cabbage] chemicals on your lovely weed.

Just an FYI. Not to mention, that [cabbage] would probably get expensive once they throw something like nicotine in...

That's where a boycott would come into play. Plus it's really easy to just grow your own.

If as many people became addicted to marijuana as tobacco, it wouldn't matter how easy it was. I know from experience tobacco plants are easy to grow, but it isn't often people grow it.

Plus, come on. A bunch of stoners wouldn't put up a good boycott. Like Seth Rogen and Pineapple Express - how likely is it to find stoners in an action movie? :lol:

If as many people became addicted to marijuana as tobacco, it wouldn't matter how easy it was. I know from experience tobacco plants are easy to grow, but it isn't often people grow it.

Plus, come on. A bunch of stoners wouldn't put up a good boycott. Like Seth Rogen and Pineapple Express - how likely is it to find stoners in an action movie? :lol:

People get addicted to tobacco because there is so much nicotine in cigs. There is nothing physically addictive about THC. In fact, it can only be considered psychologically addictive.

Plus no one ever grows tobacco because of a few reasons:

1. They can get it much easier at the store, which is a very feasible option since it's pretty cheap.

2. It doesn't have the same effects of marijuana, so tobacco smokers are less picky when it comes to the actual product. (They are more indifferent about chemicals added in, whereas marijuana smokers could be considered herbal connoisseurs, for lack of a better term.)

I know that's how it is now. But can you honestly say that if marijuana was legalized, tobacco companies (or maybe new, marijuana companies) wouldn't capitalize and...addictize?

I don't get why it's illegal either, and I doubt a propaganda movie (which is really all there is on the subject) will help.

EDIT: Heh, didn't mean offense to you, LP. I had the propaganda part before you posted.

Honestly, If a cig smoker wanted to quit

I bet if they started smoking joints they'd say [bleep] cigs.

It's an incentive to quit

And Lentic, this is far from propaganda, it actually debunks propaganda the Govt. put out (example: Reefer Madness)

They need to make it straight up legal, no [cabbage] strings, let people grow their own

If a company wants to mass produce joints say... and they decide to add additives, They'd loose me, and MANY other people as customers.

-Marijuana is not a magical cure all drug and anyone who believes that is a damn fool. However, marijuana does have it's medical purposes and has even been shown to slow the progress of cancerous cells. If anything, I think that makes it worth legalizing for medical use.

Careful with that. Marijuana doesn't slow all cancerous cells (shown to help prevent lung cancer while causing head and neck cancer!) and there is very insufficent evidence to point towards benefit or harm that marijuana can cause mostly due to its illegality.

There are many powerful people who propose banning cigarettes, how do we convince such people to legalize marijuana?

That's like drawing the line between handguns and assault rifles. Both can hurt, although with one you have a better chance of living.

Also, people have to remember that serious smokers can go through two packs (forty cigarettes) a day. I don't know anyone who smokes forty doobies a day.

I know that's how it is now. But can you honestly say that if marijuana was legalized, tobacco companies (or maybe new, marijuana companies) wouldn't capitalize and...addictize?

There are laws against deliberately adding chemicals into products to make them addictive, if there wasn't they would be in everything (mmm crack burgers..). The only reason nicotine is allowed in cigarettes is because it a natural element found in the tobacco plant.

Was I the only one who rolled my eyes and though "again?" when they seen this topic?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Yeah, there's really no logical reason for Mary J to be illegal. The only true ones are as follows:

1) Tobacco companies don't want the competition, and will likely suffer major drops if weed is made legal.

2) Government as a general rule doesn't like to lose any power whatsoever over the general public. This might change thanks to President Elect Obama, so don't quote me on this later on.

3) The people who ran the government back when marijuana was made illegal were racist [wagon] who wanted to get rid of the Mexican immigrants. Look how that turned out. t(^_^)

4) The rope-makers don't want the competition, since hemp (another product of marijuana plants, the stocks I think) is very easily made into a good rope, as well as other uses. If I remember correctly, (again, don't quote me on this) the Constitution or some other important legal document was written on hemp paper. What do you think that the renewal of hemp paper would do to the companies who routinely cut down the trees of areas the size of Hawaii almost every 6 months?

5) The pharmaceutical companies would not do well with the competition, either. While I'm not sure of all of the reported benefits, I know that it helps with improving a user's overall mood and makes them hungrier. Have you ever seen an anorexic or depressed pothead?

Right now, that's all I can think of. If I missed any, please let me know. Thanks!

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

My acts are my personality. It doesn't cure all problems, and I never blamed the government was wrong with everything. You like to put words in peoples mouths.

DaBulls.jpg

Was I the only one who rolled my eyes and though "again?" when they seen this topic?

I did sigh heavily, does that count?

Yeah, there's really no logical reason for Mary J to be illegal. The only true ones are as follows:

1) Tobacco companies don't want the competition, and will likely suffer major drops if weed is made legal.

2) Government as a general rule doesn't like to lose any power whatsoever over the general public. This might change thanks to President Elect Obama, so don't quote me on this later on.

3) The people who ran the government back when marijuana was made illegal were racist [wagon] who wanted to get rid of the Mexican immigrants. Look how that turned out. t(^_^)

4) The rope-makers don't want the competition, since hemp (another product of marijuana plants, the stocks I think) is very easily made into a good rope, as well as other uses. If I remember correctly, (again, don't quote me on this) the Constitution or some other important legal document was written on hemp paper. What do you think that the renewal of hemp paper would do to the companies who routinely cut down the trees of areas the size of Hawaii almost every 6 months?

5) The pharmaceutical companies would not do well with the competition, either. While I'm not sure of all of the reported benefits, I know that it helps with improving a user's overall mood and makes them hungrier. Have you ever seen an anorexic or depressed pothead?

Right now, that's all I can think of. If I missed any, please let me know. Thanks!

1) Why? How does marijuana replace cigarettes? Unless you are suggesting people be perpetually high and smoke in public places.

2) PARANOIA!

3) Might have also been studies paralleling marijuana use with crime and other social wrongs. Bad study, but that's the big reason.

4) You can buy hemp rope. Legally.

5) See my last few posts on "medicinal values." If there are studies that show positive health benefits of marijuana, I'd love to see them. (they might exist, but I haven't seen any)

I forgot to search before posting, my bad. This is a slightly different thread though, because it's not just about medical Marijuana, but Marijuana in general.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that thread turned into the general legalization of marijuana. Well, that and I spent hours arguing my side and don't feel compelled to restate everything. :P

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I wonder how many people here know that it was a prominent Republican member of the House that sponsored a bill to legalize medicinal marijuana.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...