What is the most useful NON-Combat Skill?

Intermagma

Non-combat magic. Teleports, Enchantments, smelting, and Alchemy- and that's just modern magic! Look at all the other stuff Lunar can do.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I would say mining. Because without mining, you wouldn't be able to get rune ess or ores. And then neither smithing nor runecrafting would exist(If you couldn't buy the ores or the rune ess, which is of course possible, but perhaps not as likely as they're to exist now, when mining is here). And since both these skills are very important to the RS economy and a lot of people earn lots of money from rc and smithing, I think mining is the most useful non-combat skill.

And quite a lot of people earn loads of money by mining and just selling rune ess or ores too...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

"Useful". That's way too vague.

Most often used: I'd say Agility since you always restoring run and using shortcuts. Farming also for those who farm.

Most conveniences: Agility or Construction

Most admirable: RC or Slayer

Most fun: Slayer. I can see an argument for RC or Farming.

Most profitable: RC, Mining and Farming, Slayer perhaps also.

EDIT: To above poster: Summoning is a combat skill

Summoning.

Have trouble reading?

I can see his point though. Even though you included summoning as a combat skill, not all familliars are combat based. The amount of times I have been mining/wcing/rc I have wondered how much easier it would be to have a pack yack, to store 30 extra ess/ores/logs. Think of how much time that would save! Plus the familliars that boost skills, how handy that would be if mining rune in the wild! Even little things like ravagers are handy when without a spade! The list is practicly endless for the use of summoning in a non combat related sense!

Animal1908.png

All skills have their own uses once added into the game. Crafting provides extra bonuses to combat in the forum of amulets. Farming are one of the sources of Herblore, while Herblore itself provide boosts to your combat and non combat stats.

However, I'm rather surprised that no one mention cooking as a explicitly important skill. It's not just important, it's a staple skill, present since the start of the game. Without cooked food, you have 2 choices, either wait for your HP to heal on its own (and I'm sure some people know know how fast that is), or heal using food you buy from NPC (multiple trips of buying and banking).

The skill itself may be easy to train, even to the extent that the cooking skill cape is one of the least respectable cape, but imagine a world where no one can cook and sell monkfish and sharks!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

OMG !

I may have read too fast but i can't understand why nobody mentionned it.

I remember the true begining story of a player who is now a very strong skiller. He illustrated THE most usefull non-combat skill :

Once out of tutorial island he was lvl3... and started his journey in Gielinor.

He left all his items in bank and started walking out of lumbridge. Then it happened soon : He was are attacked by NPCs and then in combat, right ?

And what missed him now he was being hit 'hard' by that goblin or that freaking highway man ?

Food !

Yes that uberskiller in power didn't know he could cook to get food and died.

As we met and discuss, we still laugh at it but there is no more usefull non combat skill than making food aka cooking.

Oh baby light the dark side...

OMG !

I remember the true begining story of a player who is now a very strong skiller. He illustrated THE most usefull non-combat skill :

He left all his items in bank and started walking out of lumbridge. Then it happened soon : He was are attacked by NPCs and then in combat, right ?

And what missed him now he was being hit 'hard' by that goblin or that freaking highway man ?

Food !

As we met and discuss, we still laugh at it but there is no more usefull non combat skill than making food aka cooking.

times change we now have guthans and bunyips can live without food (sara brews 2) and kebabs you can buy, you dont need cooking isnt as usefull as other skills.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

i would have to say construction. it helps with prayer, smithing, combat, its used to show off wealth, repair barrows armor, quick tellys, and its a fun skill TO show off. :)

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

[hide=]

OMG !

Food !

times change we now have guthans and bunyips can live without food (sara brews 2) and kebabs you can buy, you dont need cooking isnt as usefull as other skills.

[/hide]

And how did people train their stats up enough to do barrows and get the parts? With food. How do people doing barrows survive Verac's set effect? With food. You are going to waste precious training time on buying kebabs, if you actually do that :ohnoes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775