The Gods Of Runescape

Dire_Wolf

I wanna see what everyone believes of the gods and which one is the superior of them all.

I personally think Zamorak is a lame god, and Saradomin even more lame. Zaros and Guthix is very intruding and interesting to me. But i would go for Zaros, as i like darkness and red bloody image.

As for who is strongest god, i do not know which one. But i know it's neither Zamorak or Saradomin, those two are very weak. I would say the fight is between Guthix and Zaros.

Discuss

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, isn't there Armadyl and Bandos gods? And then theres probably tons of Gods we don't even know about right now...

But yeah... everything seems to be about the battle of Saradomin and Zamorak, but Zaros and Guthix and all the others seem to have a lot of information that people seem to pass by as insignificant because of the fact that Sara and Zammy are the main ones. Its a lot more interesting if you look into the information about every god; thus, I agree, Zaros and Guthix is a lot more interesting to me than all the other Gods. As for whos the most powerful... I have no clue :-k

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Seriously sorry about that :-# I have forgotten alot, but i mentioned ones that is known well.

But yes also Armadyl and Bandos, but those ones are minor gods aren't they?

Guthix: He said that he would destroy world and recreate it if Zamorak or Saradomin did something silly.

Zaros: It is unknown if Guthix knows alot about Zaros. On top of it, Saradomin workshippers+Zamorak ganged up on Zaros...

[it is not nescessary you read the history of all these gods, but if you like some interesting stories, read on!]

[hide=History]Zamorak, The God of Chaos

Zamorak (colloquially Zammy) is the god of chaos and is one of the three major gods. Zamorak is the God of chaos and evil and by extension, war.

Guthix calls him a personification of Chaos when asked about this in one of his letters. His followers burnt the original Wizards' Tower to the ground, depriving the Saradomin mages of the time of much of the knowledge of magic, and in particular how to make runes.

Zamorak was the second main participant in the God wars. Though he did not shape the world as did Guthix, Zamorak had corrupted many parts of the would-be orderly world Saradomin envisioned with taints of "evil" (in the opinion of most people), especially in human nature and such.

Zamorak was not always a god but was once a mortal. How he became a god was once not known, and the specifics are still a bit fuzzy. However, it is now known by talking to ghosts involved with a revolt which he led.

He used to be a Mahjarrat general of the army of the great god Zaros until he and some of his close followers decided to rebel. Using the Staff of Armadyl, which he obtained through a series of circumstances mentioned in more detail during a miniquest, Zamorak was able to stab Zaros in the back with it whilst his close followers (including Hazeel, Drakan, Zemouregal, a human warrior named Viggora, and some others not mentioned by name) fought off Zaros' body guards. He stabbed Zaros in the back with the staff but this did not do much at first other than sending Zaros into a blind rage. Even though Zamorak was a Mahjarrat, who originate from a plane of eternal war and thus are powerful fighters, Zaros was still able to continue the fight with him.

However, during this battle, Zaros tripped, thus causing the Staff of Armadyl to impale Zamorak as well as him, thus sending Zaros' power through the staff into Zamorak like an electrical current. After this, Zaros faded out of the dimension while cursing all humans involved in the revolt to be invisible ghosts for the rest of eternity, and Zamorak seemed more solid, although he did not become a god until a short time later. ---THIS INCIDENT IS THE BIRTH OF THE 6 GHOSTS OF THE GHOSTLY ROBES.

It is believed that the other Gods disliked Zamorak even more than they disliked each other during the God Wars, as in the God Wars Dungeon battle Armadyl, Saradomin and Bandos plan to make an alliance and defeat him.

Saradomin, the god of order.

Saradomin is the god of order and is one of the most well known gods. (colloquially known as Sara) Little is known about his past, but he has a great many followers, and there are far more churches dedicated to Saradomin than Zamorak. Saradomin's symbol is a four-pointed star.

Saradomin is said to have come into the realm of Gielinor whilst Guthix slept, along with Zaros, Armadyl, the Mahjarrat and about a dozen other deities. He took part in the God Wars and fears the name of Zaros, as evidenced by the old 'Letters to the Gods' that used to be featured on the main website:

He himself claims to have created the world (although there is much more evidence to the fact that Guthix created it) and some of his followers do not appear to be as good as they would like you to think.

Guthix, the God of Balance.

Guthix is the god of tranquility, nature and balance. Guthix desires only one thing: total equality. Because of this, Guthix is neither a "he" or a "she". Most people call Guthix an "it". It is neither good nor evil, and uses both to reach equilibrium with all the gods. After creating Gielinor, Guthix went into a deep sleep. When it awoke, Saradomin and Zamorak were causing chaos in their God Wars. The battlefield was the Wilderness.

To stop the wars, Guthix wrote up a treaty for all the gods, saying that they may not interfere in the world of RuneScape (as "Gielinor" was replaced by "RuneScape" as a name) except in the form of prayer, and that all wars must only be fought in the God Realm. Guthix shows it needs no followers to exist by absorbing energy from the earth. Guthix appears mostly as a floating, hairy skull, as portrayed in the Postbag. However, Guthix is a shapeshifter, and is able to take the form of anything. It was as a butterfly when it came to Gielinor.

Guthix is the strongest of the gods, and Jagex has reported to have claimed it is the strongest god, with Zaros being the second strongest. It is somewhat notable that Guthix is the only character in RuneScape who is known to be a shapeshifter besides the Mahjarrat, although the Mahjarrat have not been linked to Guthix in any way. It is also known that Guthix dislikes "pures" very much as seen in one of the god letters.[/hide]

As you can very well see, each god has its own history, carved well to put light on the recent parts in the Runescape world like Godwars, Ancient Magicks, the formation of Wilderness.

Each god has been given his own importance, and has a pretty long story connected with it. Apparently, Jagex has done a LOT of work! And this is hardly noticed by us. Seriously, try making up a story with so many short stories coming together at a common point.

I just hope they release more information on the gods as it is quite intrigueing ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Well i guess Bandos ain't minor. But i would say Armadyl is cause he's work shipped only by avansies. But they have the thing in common: they are not known .

Um Armadyl was the god before Saradomin he stepped out and Sara took his position as god of wisdom (if im right). In other words Armadyl > Saradomin and maybe (IMO) Zaros > Zammy

Guthix would be the strongest since he made all of RS.

Jas is, I believe, an "Elder God". Making him quite strong, if not the strongest.

There are some great RSOF threads about the Gods (very detailed)

I agree, Saradomin and Zamorak are LAME lol

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Its not the count that it matters but the power.

Staff of Armadyl and the Armadyl armors are more powerful and important in the storyline then all of zammy and sara items together ... and for the followers ... Armadyl's are rangers attackable only by rangers and mages ... mages sucks against rangers (in general) and sara doesnt have many ranged followes ... so Items/Influence : Armadyl > Sara , Followers again Armadyl > Sara.

If it wasnt Armadyl (no Armadyl , no Armadyl's staff) zammy wouldnt be a god , and sara is screwed big time against Zaros ...

I did not say that Saradomin or Zamorak is better than Armadyl. Infact i believe Armadyl is better god than Saradomin ever will be. But i think Zaros beats them all. Guthix do not known much about him from what i read in Runescape wiki.

O ya, and I wouldn't say Armadyl is not a very powerful God, in fact before the Godwars, Armadyl was in possession of the Godsword

NOTE: The Godwars was not fought over the Godsword, I, and many others, believe it was fought over The Stone of Jas.

Saradomin was actually "winning" the Godwars in the end, BUT, the ("Almighty") Guthix woke up from sleeping and put it all to an end.

bike.png

I 'follow' Zamorak.

He is the unofficial God of the majority of pures as well.

Zamorak is not a god, he's a traitor. He stabbed his own leader with the staff of Armadyl. What makes you think he won't do same with you? :x

I 'follow' Zamorak.

Zamorak is not a god, he's a traitor. He stabbed his own leader with the staff of Armadyl. What makes you think he won't do same with you? :x

um ... actually he is a god ... to be more accurate the stabing made him one ...

It has to be between Seren and Marimbo, God's like Saradomin and Zamorak are so overated.

Would be cool to have a big update on lesser Gods - like elven armour/elven decorate clothing and then maybe some monkey type paraphernalia to go with my monkey speek amulet ::'

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Hmm btw who is the god of penguins ? The only race I dont know to have a known god is .. the penguins ...

I know he is, i just joked. When he stabbed Zaros with staff of Armadyl, the staff somehow transfered some of Zaros god powers to Zamorak.

But i was just saying what kind of god or person he is.

a god doesnt meen a good person ... it just meen imba creature ...

I 'follow' Zamorak.

He did what needed to be done.

If your leader has a moment of weakness then he is not fit to lead.

Zerker_jane.png

Hmm btw who is the god of penguins ? The only race I dont know to have a known god is .. the penguins ...

I know he is, i just joked. When he stabbed Zaros with staff of Armadyl, the staff somehow transfered some of Zaros god powers to Zamorak.

But i was just saying what kind of god or person he is.

a god doesnt meen a good person ... it just meen imba creature ...

I am the God of penguins, i just haven't told anyone.

You can worship me later.

johannase.jpg

It has to be between Seren and Marimbo, God's like Saradomin and Zamorak are so overated.

Would be cool to have a big update on lesser Gods - like elven armour/elven decorate clothing and then maybe some monkey type paraphernalia to go with my monkey speek amulet ::'

Ya lol, But there technically are some items that "represent" the lesser god Seren; Crystal items are said to be 'made' from Seren

bike.png

I 'follow' Zamorak.

He did what needed to be done.

If your leader has a moment of weakness then he is not fit to lead.

Zaros is not my leader. But i can say i do like Zaros. But if you have 2 parties grouping on you+using a mighty and powerful artifact then of course Zaros would be weakened.

Ya lol, But there technically are some items that "represent" the lesser god Seren; Crystal items are said to be 'made' from Seren

Agreed.

But i still want a Marimbo Godsword with a special attack that sends out a swarm of monkeys to your opponent. :D

johannase.jpg