The Gods Of Runescape

Dire_Wolf

I 'follow' Zamorak.

He is the unofficial God of the majority of pures as well.

Zamorak is not a god, he's a traitor. He stabbed his own leader with the staff of Armadyl. What makes you think he won't do same with you? :x

He did what needed to be done.

If your leader has a moment of weakness then he is not fit to lead.

Zaros is not my leader. But i can say i do like Zaros. But if you have 2 parties grouping on you+using a mighty and powerful artifact then of course Zaros would be weakened.

Zaros would have most likely won if he hadn't tripped and if his bodyguards had been better then Zamorak's warriors.

Zerker_jane.png

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, what stops Zamorak as a god from killing his own loyal servants or his serveants from rebelling?

actually nothing stops any of the gods to do it , you still mistake the termins god and good .. there is one o difference between them ... there is no proof of saradomin being good and etc.

I 'follow' Saradomin, and I don't agree with all that 'Balance' rubbish. Balance causes wars between good and evil, and it's not always good that wins.

I think the god with the most interesting history is Zamorak, but that's probably because there's much more of it than the other gods.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The thing is, what stops Zamorak as a god from killing his own loyal servants or his serveants from rebelling?

Zamorak has stated that the best of his warriors will achieve the glory of dieing by his hand in combat. It is an honour achieved only by the best and held sacred by all.

Zerker_jane.png

guthix is THE MOST interesting to me. In game though I wear saradomin colors because it'll match with my soon-to be mage cape in a month :P

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I bet Jagex uses posts like these to keep track of all the gods and stories they've made :-k

A few things I'd like to say:

1. Stealing Creation is a lead into the epic quest, and it suggests a second Godwars. The Mystics are using the clay to give bodies to the Revenants, who were soldiers slain during the godwars (Revenant Dragons - possibly The God of Dragonkin will return?). Note the statues, and you can also talk to the Head Mage about it.

2. Don't forget the Saradomin/Zamorakian conference, and how they want to get past the Guthixian edicts. They're either planning a battle, or planning to battle another god... and they only team together to fight Zaros.

3. Can someone remind me of the storyline in the Plague Series? I seem to have missed the point where they are trying to resurrect Zamorak entirely. And wasn't that elf camp good in Regicide? Why are they evil now? I was in it for rewards at the beginning, and then I didn't do the rest for story/cape for another year.

I have a feeling that, by the end of the storylines, Zamorak and Saradomin, at the very least, will be killed by us and will be imediately replaced by Zaros and Armadyl, their stronger counterparts. Guthix may well be killed, too, since, in actuality, he is the most useless of the gods, since he is a god of balance, and all you need for balance is for each god to have an opposer. In fact, it is not balanced to have a god of balance but not a god of inbalance at the same time, so Guthix is disrupting the balance!

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

In fact, it is not balanced to have a god of balance but not a god of inbalance at the same time, so Guthix is disrupting the balance!

Saradomin +

Zamorak -

Guthix 0

I dont know if there is a -0 or +0 .. its just 0 .. chaos = imbalance ... btw ... and there isnt an opposite to the 0 (guthix is between zammy and sara in everything .. even colours)

I 'follow' Saradomin, and I don't agree with all that 'Balance' rubbish. Balance causes wars between good and evil, and it's not always good that wins.

I think the god with the most interesting history is Zamorak, but that's probably because there's much more of it than the other gods.

Will, you have to remember that Balance keeps the world from collapsing. Without Balance we would all starve, nature would die out and either an Ice Age will occur or the world will be reduced to a blistering desert... :shock: Giant Wars would occur (What keeps a second Godwars from starting eh?) and much more bad things.

I understand that you side with good, because humans are naturally good, and it's real hard for humans to embrace neutrality and balance. I try (in game) and I don't even always succeed.

In fact, it is not balanced to have a god of balance but not a god of inbalance at the same time, so Guthix is disrupting the balance!

Saradomin +

Zamorak -

Guthix 0

I dont know if there is a -0 or +0 .. its just 0 .. chaos = imbalance ... btw ... and there isnt an opposite to the 0 (guthix is between zammy and sara in everything .. even colours)

You musn't see Balance as a 'thing', like Order and Chaos, or Good and Evil. Balance is simply the state in which the world currently resides, caused by the actions of Saradomin- and Zamorakfollowers (etc.). Like you said, Balance is zero, and therefore nothing. It is positive minus negative. But at the same time it is everything, because it consists of every single particle of the multiverse.

Guthix (and I) believe that Balance is the best for the whole world(s), because it is the only state in which things can exist without destroying themselves. For example, without dark there is no light, and therefore the concept 'light' does not exist.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

You are right ... it depends on the point of view. In my point of view the balance is the point in the middle between point a and b ... i'm usualy math oriantated so if you have 2 ends the one will be + the one - and the thing between them will be 0 ...

example : if you look at the light spectrum , zammy is red , sara is blue and the colour on the spectre exactly between red and blue is green ...

btw you dont know how guthix thinks

to have a balance you need something (A) and the opposite of that thing - (A) and the balance is the result (in math +) between them ...

-(A) + (A) = 0 ...

but im looking it as a straight line ... to have a god of balance and imbalance you need to look it more like a square ... since the both guthix and his opposite need to be at the same distance of zammy and sara ...

hmm and last edit to the post

blue is opposite of red , but there isnt an opposite colour to the green i think .. except if you look at the spectrum as a circle (where the blue isnt the opposite of red) then the colour of the god that is opposite of guthix a.k.a. the unbalanced god should be orange ...

Will, you have to remember that Balance keeps the world from collapsing. Without Balance we would all starve, nature would die out and either an Ice Age will occur or the world will be reduced to a blistering desert... :shock: Giant Wars would occur (What keeps a second Godwars from starting eh?) and much more bad things.

I understand that you side with good, because humans are naturally good, and it's real hard for humans to embrace neutrality and balance. I try (in game) and I don't even always succeed.

Saradomin +

Zamorak -

Guthix 0

You musn't see Balance as a 'thing', like Order and Chaos, or Good and Evil. Balance is simply the state in which the world currently resides, caused by the actions of Saradomin- and Zamorakfollowers (etc.). Like you said, Balance is zero, and therefore nothing. It is positive minus negative. But at the same time it is everything, because it consists of every single particle of the multiverse.

Guthix (and I) believe that Balance is the best for the whole world(s), because it is the only state in which things can exist without destroying themselves. For example, without dark there is no light, and therefore the concept 'light' does not exist.

While you are right that balance keeps the world from collapsing and is what is best for the world, it does not require its own god. All it requires are 2 gods of about equal power that oppose each other. They would cancel out, thus making balance without Guthix's intervention. Thus, Guthix can perish without much disaster on the balance front. Of course, now that I think about it, there is also the fact that he is a god of nature, but, as shown by Zamorak's rise to power, it is likely that elements of a god can be passed down, at least the relevent ones. Plus, there could be another god of nature in there, we just haven't been blessed with the knowledge of an old guy with reed pipes being followed by half-man/half-goats.

?r=191108

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

[hide=]

You are right ... it depends on the point of view. In my point of view the balance is the point in the middle between point a and b ... i'm usualy math oriantated so if you have 2 ends the one will be + the one - and the thing between them will be 0 ...

example : if you look at the light spectrum , zammy is red , sara is blue and the colour on the spectre exactly between red and blue is green ...

btw you dont know how guthix thinks

to have a balance you need something (A) and the opposite of that thing - (A) and the balance is the result (in math +) between them ...

-(A) + (A) = 0 ...

but im looking it as a straight line ... to have a god of balance and imbalance you need to look it more like a square ... since the both guthix and his opposite need to be at the same distance of zammy and sara ...

hmm and last edit to the post

blue is opposite of red , but there isnt an opposite colour to the green i think .. except if you look at the spectrum as a circle (where the blue isnt the opposite of red) then the colour of the god that is opposite of guthix a.k.a. the unbalanced god should be orange ...

[/hide]

I don't think that there can be a God of imbalance, because what is imbalance? Order is a form of imbalance, and so is chaos. Imbalance is everything except balance itself, so it would be hard to have a God of that imo.

[hide=]

Saradomin +

Zamorak -

Guthix 0

[/hide]

While you are right that balance keeps the world from collapsing and is what is best for the world, it does not require its own god. All it requires are 2 gods of about equal power that oppose each other. They would cancel out, thus making balance without Guthix's intervention. Thus, Guthix can perish without much disaster on the balance front. Of course, now that I think about it, there is also the fact that he is a god of nature, but, as shown by Zamorak's rise to power, it is likely that elements of a god can be passed down, at least the relevent ones. Plus, there could be another god of nature in there, we just haven't been blessed with the knowledge of an old guy with reed pipes being followed by half-man/half-goats.

Well you have a point there, but the problem here is that Saradomin and Zamorak aren't really equally powered. Only one of them needs to be a little bit more powerful, and the whole case escalates, causing the destruction of the world. If Guthix wouldn't be here to do the balancing, and Sara and Zammy would have to do it, they will destroy eachother and the world with them.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Zamorak killed Zaros which made him a god, but nowhere near as powreful. During the godwars Guthix awoke and erased all the gods except Zamorak and Saradomin because he said they are "necessary". Guthix, at the moment, is the strongest god. His power is rivaled to Zaros although since Zaros died prior or Guthix's awakening Guthix does not even know there was a Zaros.

And also Guthix does not represent Balance.

d6e4cdbc5e.png

I think it's in between Guthix and Armadyl, because in General, range is sneaky at one point, yet effective in war. Guthix could be as much or more poweful because he brings peace within all of Gleilinor.

But that's just my take on Runescape gods.

EditedSignature1.png

Zamorak killed Zaros which made him a god, but nowhere near as powreful. During the godwars Guthix awoke and erased all the gods except Zamorak and Saradomin because he said they are "necessary". Guthix, at the moment, is the strongest god. His power is rivaled to Zaros although since Zaros died prior or Guthix's awakening Guthix does not even know there was a Zaros.

And also Guthix does not represent Balance.

Guthix is the god of balance and, as such, represents balance.

Zaros was not killed, per se, but was weakened and accidently dropkicked into a different realm by the combined forces of Zamorak and his own damn clumsiness.

?r=191108

I think it's in between Guthix and Armadyl, because in General, range is sneaky at one point, yet effective in war. Guthix could be as much or more poweful because he brings peace within all of Gleilinor.

But that's just my take on Runescape gods.

But Zamorak has numbers on his side, the majority of low levels would say they follow him. Plenty of cannon fodder \' .

Zerker_jane.png

Guthix Pwns all the other gods. Didn't he even CREATE runescape? There wouldn't be a game without Guthix. :thumbsup:
WRONG! In Making History, it is revealed that some other force created Gielenor. I believe they were referred to, by Guthix, as the Elder Gods? Guthix found this plane of existance and began populating it. Maybe he created some of the creatures, but it is seen that he brought humans here through a portal. Bandos did something similar, as shown in Land of the Goblins.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

To those saying Guthix is causing imbalance by the fact that there is not labelled god of imbalance to counter him being the god of balance:

Balance is the medium, the fulcrum if you will, and anything else is imbalance. Zamorak and Saradomin are both the same in they eyes of balance, because they both technically want the same thing- their way- but they use different means to attain "their way".

We know Zamorak as being evil, because we are introduced to the game on the side of Saradomin. It's just like any war in history- Hitler was evil. To us he was evil at least, to his followers, he was a great man, doing nothing but good for the world.

It's all perspective, and where you stand determines your perspective.

For me, the 'power' of gods is subjective, as its clear that not all of the gods have ever met at once. We cant say Zaros is weaker or stronger than Guthix, as they never had the chance to meet, we know that armadyl was powerful just by the fact that her? staff was able to transfer godly power.

Zamorak- is powerful, but obviously didnt get all of Zaros' power, as Zaros didnt 'die' he just dissapeared from this plane. he still had the power to curse 6 humans to remain eternally as ghosts (to me thats kinda impressive regardless if your a god or not).

Saradomin- again powerful (is a god) but obviously not the strongest. Kinda boring as a god " I'm good, but I'm willing to get my hands dirty to win" meh, not exactly an admirable code.

Bandos- Not enough info here

Armadyl- also not alot of lore

Guthix- Somewhat lazy, likes to nap. Not as powerful as we thought, but still pretty crazily powerful, able to BANISH 4 seperate gods at once. Didnt create gielnor, but did find it first and populate it.

Zaros- my favorite god, because we know so much and so little about him. We know he's strong, because he had enough power zapped from him to make zamorak a potent deity, but still had enough power to live and curse people! We dont know if he was really evil, but we know he was feared by the other gods, although we dont know why. He had the strongest followers (mahjarrat), and totally dominated gielnor when he was here.

Personally, I favor balance as a life virtue, and thus believe guthix is the most logical and well versed choice as a deity, however Zaros has the alure of mystery and dark power. Who knows! but when that zaros godsword comes out... :lol:

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Guthix- Somewhat lazy, likes to nap. Not as powerful as we thought, but still pretty crazily powerful, able to BANISH 4 seperate gods at once. Didnt create gielnor, but did find it first and populate it.

Guthix is the only god who comes from gielnor.

And he wasn't napping lol he was going through a metamorphis of sorts.

Zerker_jane.png

Personally I'm more of a supporter of Saradomin among the three most popular gods, except when I'm feeling EVIL :twisted: Then again, if Jagex were to provide more in depth information about the rest of the Gods, like Zaros, Armadyl, Tumeken, Elidinis etc...Maybe my allegiance would shift to Armadyl. Support Armadyl and get a free pair of wings to fly around Gielinor!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Guthix is the only god who comes from gielnor.

And he wasn't napping lol he was going through a metamorphis of sorts.

didnt he arrive from somewhere else too .. he was just before the others