The Gods Of Runescape

Dire_Wolf

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Zaros is the god of "Nothingness" and "Imbalance" (The Void). Guthix is the god of "Creation" and "Balance". Zaros AKA "The Empty Lord", is the opposite of Guthix. Zaros wanted to take over Gielnor, not sure why though, maybe something like take its energies for his own? :-k We'll see soon enough in the upcoming quests. :mrgreen:

But the void is "nothingness" not imbalance. Technically it is balanced, because there is nothing so there is nothing to balance but also nothing to imbalance. Hmm...strange... The balance between balance and imbalance? The void is mysterious, but I consider it to be not balance nor imbalance, but you can have your own opinions.

There's nothing wrong with an absence of balance dude.

Funny joke (not). I suggest you read more before embarrassing yourself.

sorry, but stop bloody saying pureness

the word is purity.

I don't even have a clue why you would see Armadyl as a God of purity anyway. The followers of saradomin have puritanical views. The followers of Armadyl are more closely associated with justice. I suspect that Armadyl would be the god of the skies and of Justice, rather than purity.

I read somewhere that Armadyl was the god of pureness (fine purity :lol: ). Sorry if the source is incorrect.

Most of the times gods represent places/elements and/or an aspect at the same time .. (god of fire and war for example ...)

so there is no problem of him being the god of the skies and pureness at the same time ... (well he can be god of skies or god of pureness but he could be god of both of them ..)

btw IMO Guthix cannot exist without the others too .. you cannot have a balance without 2 opposite sides ... ex. if you dont have good and evil you cannot have a balance between them .. or something like that.

True, but the others cannot exist without Guthix too. There, you can see, everything leads back to balance. Guthix cannot exist without the others and the others cannot exist without Guthix.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with being gods of two different things, such as law and order, pureness (muahahaha I enjoy taunting you (purity)) and skies, etc. I'm just making my own interpretations.

Personally, I think this is the order of power (looking at their known peak).

1st: Zaros - Strongest of all gods. Single-handedly prevented the God-Wars from ever happening if the Mahjarrat hadn't betrayed him.

Tied for 2nd: Guthix - Relatively strong, most likely stronger than Saradomin, Zamorak and Bandos at their peak combined. Stopped the God-Wars merely by His presence in His anger. I think 3rd together with Seren.

Tied for 2nd: Seren - It is only known she's a goddess of Elves and possibly a being of Crystal. No conclusive evidence on 'strenght', thus no conclusive placement. I think 3rd together with Guthix.

Tied for 2nd: Armadyl - As far as knowledge goes, holder of the Godsword before the God-Wars. Most likely candidate for 2nd.

Tied for 5th: Saradomin - A human infused with the power of the Stone of Jas (confirmed), constantly weakened by the attacks of Zamorak.

Tied for 5th: Zamorak - A Mahjarrat infused with Zaros' blood and power of the Stone of Jas (speculative), constantly weakened by the attacks on Saradomin.

Tied for 5th: Bandos - Crippled to the point of nothingness (probably weaker than Zaros) during the quest The Chosen Commander.

Desert Pantheon:

All gods are most likely in a hierarchy, Egyptian-style.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Saradomin. :thumbup:

To ANYONE who thinks that Guthix is stronger than Zamorak and Saradomin they are wrong! They all have fairly equal power. The ONLY reason Guthix stopped the war was because whoevers side he joined would have won. It was only stopped HIS FORCES AND SARADOMINS/ZAMORAKS COMBINED would have won! If there had been a 3 way God War Guthix would not have won.

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

To ANYONE who thinks that Guthix is stronger than Zamorak and Saradomin they are wrong! They all have fairly equal power. The ONLY reason Guthix stopped the war was because whoevers side he joined would have won. It was only stopped HIS FORCES AND SARADOMINS/ZAMORAKS COMBINED would have won! If there had been a 3 way God War Guthix would not have won.

So not true. :thumbdown:

I recommend you get your facts straight. :|

Saradomin. :thumbup:

Very funny. Guthix will have thrashed Zamorak+Saradomin so badly they'll be running home (to the desert) crying for their mummies (pun intended).

Personally, I think this is the order of power (looking at their known peak).

1st: Zaros - Strongest of all gods. Single-handedly prevented the God-Wars from ever happening if the Mahjarrat hadn't betrayed him.

Tied for 2nd: Guthix - Relatively strong, most likely stronger than Saradomin, Zamorak and Bandos at their peak combined. Stopped the God-Wars merely by His presence in His anger. I think 3rd together with Seren.

Tied for 2nd: Seren - It is only known she's a goddess of Elves and possibly a being of Crystal. No conclusive evidence on 'strenght', thus no conclusive placement. I think 3rd together with Guthix.

Tied for 2nd: Armadyl - As far as knowledge goes, holder of the Godsword before the God-Wars. Most likely candidate for 2nd.

Tied for 5th: Saradomin - A human infused with the power of the Stone of Jas (confirmed), constantly weakened by the attacks of Zamorak.

Tied for 5th: Zamorak - A Mahjarrat infused with Zaros' blood and power of the Stone of Jas (speculative), constantly weakened by the attacks on Saradomin.

Tied for 5th: Bandos - Crippled to the point of nothingness (probably weaker than Zaros) during the quest The Chosen Commander.

Desert Pantheon:

All gods are most likely in a hierarchy, Egyptian-style.

I disagree. Guthix should be on a par, if not stronger than Zaros, and Seren and Armadyl tied for 3rd, and Saradomin/Zamorak for 5th. I'm not too sure about Bandos or the Deser Pantheon though.

Also, you said you base this on their "known peaks" but Bandos's peak wasn't when he was "crippled to the point of nothingness" during the Chosen Commander. You mentioned Zaros's peak, but not Bandos's. Isn't that bias thinking?

BTW I think Seren might be on par with Zamorak ... there is no logic that some elves are worshiping Zamorak (or was it Zaros ?) if zamorak isnt on par with Seren or stronger. (that was just my flawed logic but I had to mention)

Zaros easily, even in his fall Zamorak didn't beat him, Zamorak was beaten easily. Zaros just fell on the staff which somehow (Zaros probably did it) got impaled through Zamorak's back.

Maybe you should list the gods we know 100% to be gods.

Saradomin

Zamorak

Guthix

Bandos

Armadyl

Zaros

Seren

Marimbo

Tumeken

Elidinis

Icthlarian

Amascut

Het

Apmeken

Crondis

Scabaras

As much as I like Guthix, I think the Elvin god, whose name I forget, is the most powerful. I've got a bad memory, but didn't she create the world?

It was created by the Elder Gods, and afterwards shaped by Guthix when he arrived.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

As much as I like Guthix, I think the Elvin god, whose name I forget, is the most powerful. I've got a bad memory, but didn't she create the world?

So not true. I believe she was one of the first god(esses) to bring her people into Gielinor, however, she was not the creator of Gielinor, but of the Elven race.

Tumeken

Elidinis

Icthlarian

Amascut

Het

Apmeken

Crondis

Scabaras

These are all members of the Desert Pantheon, or am I wrong?

So not true. I believe she was one of the first god(esses) to bring her people into Gielinor, however, she was not the creator of Gielinor, but of the Elven race.

Tumeken

Elidinis

Icthlarian

Amascut

Het

Apmeken

Crondis

Scabaras

You are right, these are Desert Gods.

Edit: accidentally placed answer in quote box

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Tumeken

Elidinis

Icthlarian

Amascut

Het

Apmeken

Crondis

Scabaras

You are right, these are Desert Gods.

Did you forget to post or what? Or are you using what I said as what you say?

Well based on what you see in the GWD I would say that Saradomin is one of the stronger gods, then Armadyl, Zamorak and then Bandos. The reason for my saying so is because of the followers. If you take a look at when they engage in battle and there is a Saradomin follower present, he would most likely be the victor. Since Bandos only has Goblin related creatures which are all weak, most of them are overpowered by the followers of the other gods. I also believe that there is some kind of Alliance(sp?) between Armadyl and Saradomin. Their followers never attack each other.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Well based on what you see in the GWD I would say that Saradomin is one of the stronger gods, then Armadyl, Zamorak and then Bandos. The reason for my saying so is because of the followers. If you take a look at when they engage in battle and there is a Saradomin follower present, he would most likely be the victor. Since Bandos only has Goblin related creatures which are all weak, most of them are overpowered by the followers of the other gods. I also believe that there is some kind of Alliance(sp?) between Armadyl and Saradomin. Their followers never attack each other.

With the new postbag comes confirmation on a couple things.

1. Armadyl is the god of justice. \' Woot I was right. \'

2. Zamorak's armies, even under siege by the other gods, wiped out virtually all of Armadyl's Aviantese. This pretty much shows that were the armies of Zamorak and the armies of Armadyl to face each other 1-on-1, Zamorak would come out victorious.

3. The Vampyre are NOT followers of Zamorak, as was previously thought. They are indeed a Godless race. Interesting.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Saradomin is equal in force to Zamorak for god's sake... :roll:

Goblins are weak, yes.

Hobgoblins are weak, perhaps.

Ogres are weak, erm...

Jogres are weak, typo here?

Mogres are weak, I suggest a correction.

Cyclops are weak, seriously...

Ourgs are weak, OMG are you mad?!?!?!

There's nothing wrong with an absence of balance dude.

Funny joke (not). I suggest you read more before embarrassing yourself.

Err...The hell you talking about?

Nothing would be here if there was no balance. For obvious reasons.

The world can't exist without balance.

No light, no darkness.

No good, no evil.

No heavy, no light.