Gender equality

Howlin0001

We do have equality, but some Women like to push things

to far by making stupid demands such a "Maternity leave".

Personally I would avoid employing a woman of child bearing age.

Why employ a female staff member who might get pregnant, who you then have to

give 14 weeks of paid leave to when you can employ a male who can't get pregnant.

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to employ women. That's largely due to the women's

activist groups who like to push things too far.

Why shouldn't women get maternity leave?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

give 14 weeks of paid leave to when you can employ a male who can't get pregnant.

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to employ women. That's largely due to the women's

Why should I pay for an employee who is giving me no work?

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Because it's cheaper than training a brand new employee?

I hate the - literal - [bleep]es that moan about equality. They annoy me.

Also, the blatant lesbians that yell at guys and try to start fights.

I'd never hit a woman, though.

Not always.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Not really necessarily, plus a male employee wouldn't present this problem to begin with.

I know allot of companies that now give preference to male applicants because of the new maternity laws. It was allot more equal before someone decided they wanted "more" and now most women are disadvantaged as a result.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Not really necessarily, plus a male employee wouldn't present this problem to begin with.

I know allot of companies that now give preference to male applicants because of the new maternity laws. It was allot more equal before someone decided they wanted "more" and now most women are disadvantaged as a result.

Wait, do they require it for basic minimum wage type jobs?

Oh right, yeh, cause women who become pregnant should obviously have to go through the hassle of finding a new job whilst preparing to give birth + not earn any money for a large amount of time. That's totally reasonable to expect them to just somehow get money from nowhere whilst not being able to work. And yeh, if they can't get the money, then I guess the child will just have to be born into poverty, or as soon as the child is born the mother will just have to work overtime, missing out on her child's life. But at least we don't have to spend! Pull emselves up by their boostraps I say!

Profit IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Hey.

Any Full time or Part time employment.

Oh right, yeh, cause women who become pregnant should obviously have to go through the hassle of finding a new job whilst preparing to give birth + not earn any money for a large amount of time. That's totally reasonable to expect them to just somehow get money from nowhere whilst not being able to work. And yeh, if they can't get the money, then I guess the child will just have to be born into poverty, or as soon as the child is born the mother will just have to work overtime, missing out on her child's life. But at least we don't have to spend! Pull emselves up by their boostraps I say!

Profit IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Why the hell should I pay for someone else's child?

Wait until you enter the real world, then you will be living upto your user name.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Any Full time or Part time employment.

That doesn't make a lot of sense when so many minimum wage jobs have such a high turnover and short period of learning how to do the job. I wouldn't mind it though as long as the government subsidizes it or at least give some incentive.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Fathers can go on paternity leave, ya know. Also, not every woman wants kids. Our society is changing and becoming a parent isn't the most important thing anymore.

Wait until you enter the real world, then you will be living upto your user name.

Seriously, if you really think that, then there is nothing I can say to you.

You're a moron and you deserve absolutely NOTHING that you get.

**** you and **** everything that you stand for.

Hey.

Truenoob, I suggest you take a deep breath and then edit what you posted. No reason to be so angry...

On topic, I'd like to see a study detailing how much support a woman leader (let's say president) would get and how many people wouldn't support her because she's a woman. That truly would be a measure of how equal men and women are.

Too late. I'm saving the Commy's posts for later.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The same goes for you.

And who still says "commy".. what is this like the 1940s?

Hey.

The same goes for you.

And who still says "commy".. what is this like the 1940s?

Lol flame feast

And I do agree, those saying parenting isn't so big now-days.

Being a women(I'm not), they often discriminate eachother for neglecting. not having, or having a job and kids. Because every mother tries to be a Supermom but is discriminated and harassed behind their back by the other types of moms.

Haven't anyone ever heard of this? I've read in somewhere..

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Truenoob, I suggest you take a deep breath and then edit what you posted. No reason to be so angry...

Its often best to ignore such people.

Also, not every woman wants kids. Our society is changing and becoming a parent isn't the most important thing anymore.

My Girlfriend has decided she doesn't want kids, which is fine with me. I think there are to many people just having kids when they are not in a good position too.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Also, not every woman wants kids. Our society is changing and becoming a parent isn't the most important thing anymore.

My Girlfriend has decided she doesn't want kids, which is fine with me. I think there are to many people just having kids when they are not in a good position too.

What if your employer got raped and was to poor for abortion(that even cost anything?)

OR the condom broke in the activity..

So many options I just think your taking the only option of

'Hey lets have sex and you can ----------. ect...

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

A rich woman has a child, it doesn't matter if she doesn't have maternity leave because she is still rich.

A poor woman has a child, it does matter because if she doesn't have the maternity leave she loses her job/loses all her income/probably can't afford to live/child gets born into a poor family/very hard to get a decent education when you have to work to make sure your family survive/end up getting into drug dealing/goes to prison/goes away for 10 years/comes out and now its virtually impossible to get a decent job especially with the lack of education etc.

Hey.

I'm all for equal pay and that we should be treated equal. Not that this is one subject think about often, as i think there are currently bigger issues... Well, Sweden... still differs in pay a bit but it's quite equal, atleast compared to many other countries.

We should be payed equal for the jobs we do, yes, but depending on what we can perform in that job area. Say something like construction working, a man would get more things in this particular area done as he has more muscles and thus can perform more work than a woman in the same time, and in such a case i don't think they should be payed equally.

But say something like a teacher (they should get better paid anyways) or a salesperson, they should be paid equally since they can perform just as much as the other gender.

And i don't have a problem with a woman doing a previously man-dominated area, or vice-versa. It's a good thing, more views on how you can solve a problem... etc.

And uh, i've had beers with girls at the pub... No problem there.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

A rich woman has a child, it doesn't matter if she doesn't have maternity leave because she is still rich.

A poor woman has a child, it does matter because if she doesn't have the maternity leave she loses her job/loses all her income/probably can't afford to live/child gets born into a poor family/very hard to get a decent education when you have to work to make sure your family survive/end up getting into drug dealing/goes to prison/goes away for 10 years/comes out and now its virtually impossible to get a decent job especially with the lack of education etc.

The poor women is what we call an "unfit mother", people who cannot afford to raise children should not be doing it. The maternity is nothing more than greed and considering you need a job to claim it the woman cannot be "poor" unless she's a drug user or similar.

My best friend is due to give birth in January and she hasn't claimed any handouts. She just accepted that she needs to stop working at least untill her child is born. Low payed job, unplanned pregnancy yet the child is not being born into poverty, unless you class middle income as poverty.

How does this have anything to do with equality, I wont employ a woman when a man can do the same job without the risk of pregnancy. Male applicants are superior in this respect. It was Women who brought this inequality on themselves by wanting special treatment.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

The real problem in today's society is that manly characteristics are highly-regarded, and over-valued. Whereas female traits and characteristics are under-valued, and overlooked. Women are expected to abandon their natural abilities and instead, put a facade of manly traits they are not naturally as good at.

A statement such as "I have stronger, larger shoulders" would be often over-valued over a statement such as "I have the ability to bear children." The former is highly valued in cultures that promote and encourage aggressivity, like america unfortunately. The later is often considered mundane.

Changing the wording can convey slightly different meanings. As a statement such as "I have stronger, larger shoulders. It is common, all the other men on the planet have it. I pay no price whatsover for it, you cannot say it is deserved." already has less of a attrait, doesn't it? And a statement such as "I have the ability to bear children, and I pay for it with my blood all throughout my life. That ability is the reason humans exist." Sounds a little more valuable, doesn't it?

Pregnancy, so very often blamed on the woman. If we listened to the mysogynists, we would need to kick all the pregnant women on the street, alone to fend for themselves, because they are providing the human race with a future. My god, shame on them, right? Whislt men who act irresponsibility never take the fall for their foul actions.

Misogyny is shameful. Misogynists truly don't deserve, in the literal sense, to have been born to begin with.

How does this have anything to do with equality, I wont employ a woman when a man can do the same job without the risk of pregnancy. Male applicants are superior in this respect. It was Women who brought this inequality on themselves by wanting special treatment.

How is desiring appropriate financial help for a naturally-occuring event that makes it difficult or dangerous to work "special treatment"? You expect woman to keep working 50 hour weeks all the way up to 9 months, continue working after the pregnancy, and then just dump the newborn baby to a stranger to take care of it, maybe? Special treatment my [wagon]. There is nothing special about it, it is something that is necessary in any evolved society.

And I say this because it's true, I actually don't want and don't plan on having children, ever.

2480+ total