Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

Some say dragon weapons come from the dragonkin, other say it comes from the mahjarrat.

The mahjarrat come from another dimension. So what if the dragonkin come from the same dimension?

The dragonkin could be the creators of the dragon weapons and might have had a sort of trade with the mahjarrat.

They would both have dragon weapons and it might also explain why dragonkin are seen as evil.

Just a theory, I hope you like it. :D

THANK YOU! I was wanting to post something about this yesterday but I just couldn't write it up properly!

The problem with the existence of Dragon items is thanks to Jagex and their inconsistency. Long before the Dragonkin were 'introduced' they claimed it was the Mahjarrat who made Dragon equipment. However as soon as they introduced the Dragonkin, they claimed they were the source of Dragon equipment.

The only way to try and make it work is that the Dragonkin were the creators, and at some point in time, in one way or another, the Mahjarrat obtained the gear and when they left Frenaskae for Gielinor they brought it with them. It could be possible that under Zaros, the dragonkin and Mahjarrat came across one another and formed a pact? Zaros' empire did include Dragon Riders who used Wyrms, the direct 'spawn' of the Dragonkin, so it's possible for connections, but this is only speculation.

After that it start's to make sense again, Mahjarrat died, Humans looted them for the dragon equipment. Human's used the equipment and were defeated by various monsters around Gielnor.

Simplest way to look at it:

Dragonkin are the creators, the Mahjarrat were the distributors.

And bringing up Wyrms again makes me wonder if Jagex will ever add one to the game.

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some say dragon weapons come from the dragonkin, other say it comes from the mahjarrat.

The mahjarrat come from another dimension. So what if the dragonkin come from the same dimension?

The dragonkin could be the creators of the dragon weapons and might have had a sort of trade with the mahjarrat.

They would both have dragon weapons and it might also explain why dragonkin are seen as evil.

THANK YOU! I was wanting to post something about this yesterday but I just couldn't write it up properly!

The problem with the existence of Dragon items is thanks to Jagex and their inconsistency. Long before the Dragonkin were 'introduced' they claimed it was the Mahjarrat who made Dragon equipment. However as soon as they introduced the Dragonkin, they claimed they were the source of Dragon equipment.

The only way to try and make it work is that the Dragonkin were the creators, and at some point in time, in one way or another, the Mahjarrat obtained the gear and when they left Frenaskae for Gielinor they brought it with them. It could be possible that under Zaros, the dragonkin and Mahjarrat came across one another and formed a pact? Zaros' empire did include Dragon Riders who used Wyrms, the direct 'spawn' of the Dragonkin, so it's possible for connections, but this is only speculation.

After that it start's to make sense again, Mahjarrat died, Humans looted them for the dragon equipment. Human's used the equipment and were defeated by various monsters around Gielnor.

And bringing up Wyrms again makes me wonder if Jagex will ever add one to the game.

Yeah I think that could be very plausible indeed, but let me tell you a thing about Jagex's inconsistency. There is a difference between saying 'the Mahjarrat made the Dragon weapons' and 'the Mahjarrat have brought the Dragon weapons to Runescape', although you can easily see then as similar. So maybe Jagex is less inconsistent that they may appear to you.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

This is all very interesting! But where were Wyrms mentioned?

I have class in like half an hour but I'll update the thread again this evening

The only time Wyrms and Dragon Riders were mentioned is during the Ghostly Robes minigame, when you talk with one of Zamorak's former bodyguards Viggora. He tells you about how he was the only human in Zamorak's honour guards, and that the dragon riders, Mahjarrat, demons and vampire warriors made up the bulk of the force.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

That is an Awesome read! =D>

Very well done to you for taking the time to write such an informative piece of writing. :thumbsup:

I also personally think this new quest might release the area which the dragon items came from, because I remember Jagex saying they were thinking of releasing that.

tipitsiggy.png

The only time Wyrms and Dragon Riders were mentioned is during the Ghostly Robes minigame, when you talk with one of Zamorak's former bodyguards Viggora. He tells you about how he was the only human in Zamorak's honour guards, and that the dragon riders, Mahjarrat, demons and vampire warriors made up the bulk of the force.

*grumble* I don't suppose there's any way to get any of that information after I already did it? I had to go through the chat options without reading them because I was often in areas with aggressive monsters...

Good planning, Jagex! Way to release historically fascinating information in a place where you're interrupted every 5 sec by a skeleton or something!

Note the KBD says to "uncover our compass" and see there are dangers at each point, North, South, East, and West. Perhaps there is a great dragonkin force at each direction? North-KBD, East-Ancient Cavern, West-Castle Drakan, South-??? Err, I'd say the Black Dragons in Zanaris, but Zanaris is technically not in RuneScape.

Regarding the Dragonkin symbols, I went to the Dragon Forge and see if I could find anything peculiar that would represent a symbol. I was then going to search a few places for it. No beef on step 1 though.

I also looked through the Goblin symbol book for anything. It's a stretch, I know. I found something that looked VAGUELY possible, but I doubt it myself.

2 weeks to go?

EDIT: Phycho, I remember reading on that Screen Snapper Thread that someone took a video of that entire set of conversations for Ghostly Robes, except the inital conversation.

EDIT2: It was randox, maybe pm him?

Note the KBD says to "uncover our compass" and see there are dangers at each point, North, South, East, and West. Perhaps there is a great dragonkin force at each direction? North-KBD, East-Ancient Cavern, West-Castle Drakan, South-??? Err, I'd say the Black Dragons in Zanaris, but Zanaris is technically not in RuneScape.

2 weeks to go?

The first one:

lol i forgot to post about that in my post, and you mixed up your east and west. drakan castle is east, and the ruins are to the west ::'

And i wonder what the origin of the compass shows? like if its:

..........N

......W.X.E

..........S

Where is the center of the compass (X marks the spot :P )? maybe thats where teh dragonkin will arrise from so they have dragons in the north south east and west backing em up? just a random theory lol

and i think next week not 2 weeks hopefully...:ohnoes:

EDIT: Phsyco, when you said keep reading the first post, would you mind showing us whats been updated recently? lol i don't have the memory to skim the whole thing and remember what wasn't there and whats been added. Thanks a bunch (if your already doin that my bad, disregard this) <3:

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

great thread, i haven't really paid much attention to rs history in quests (i have read about it outside of rs) but i've never really even thought about the dragon kin great idea to do something that's so unknown of (lol less criticism =P)

I hope jagex expands on the dragon kin a little more perhaps it would be really interesting

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

2 weeks to go?

The first one:

lol i forgot to post about that in my post, and you mixed up your east and west. drakan castle is east, and the ruins are to the west ::'

And i wonder what the origin of the compass shows? like if its:

..........N

......W.X.E

..........S

Where is the center of the compass (X marks the spot :P )? maybe thats where teh dragonkin will arrise from so they have dragons in the north south east and west backing em up? just a random theory lol

and i think next week not 2 weeks hopefully...:ohnoes:

EDIT: Phsyco, when you said keep reading the first post, would you mind showing us whats been updated recently? lol i don't have the memory to skim the whole thing and remember what wasn't there and whats been added. Thanks a bunch (if your already doin that my bad, disregard this) <3:

Sure I can do that, I'll make new stuff green or something ::' or how about gray? that'll make it stand out!

I know the Necrosyrtes has been mentioned a few times, but I have a screenshot for it, too:

necrosyrtes.jpg

Also, what I found odd:

dmetalfrene.jpg

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I know the Necrosyrtes has been mentioned a few times, but I have a screenshot for it, too:

[hide=Screenshots]necrosyrtes.jpg[/hide]

Also, what I found odd:

dmetalfrene.jpg

First of all you have nearly the same screen name as one of my friends, so it kinda creeped me out :ohnoes:

Secondly, I JUST finished taking screenshots of the fairy's conversation, however I didn't think to go to the marketplace and talk to that fairy too! Thanks for the picture, I should have thought of it myself though! :wall:

Nice thread! I have some things to add trough :

-The dradongkin are greens, but we can imagine that there is more than 1 dragonkin color, because the dagons have 4 colors.

-We can also notice that dragonkin are realted to 2 places:mortanyia and baxtorian fall. They are far away one to the other. I think only one of this suposition is good, and i think its baxtorian falls:they have ancient cavern,dragon forge,mithril dragons...and mortanyia have what?Some simility with a castle and dragon poo...

potplatebody.pnggero204.png

Wow man it was the most long/interesting post ever made

you really gaved a nice half and hour reading

Your post really got me into thinking if we are prepared enough with godswords,special armour and special shields to beat probably the mightiest of all races

Probably Dragonkins will arrive soon since there`s not likely to be introduced in the game better weapons than godswords and the same with these new special shields

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

I just PM'd him, hopefully he'll have something, but if I remember right, each path has different dialogue right? So there's only a 1/3 chance of him having the path that mentioned the wyrms.

Everyone gets a different path, but it's all the same plot line. So the only difference would be where the ghost is, not what he/she says or gives you.

I just PM'd him, hopefully he'll have something, but if I remember right, each path has different dialogue right? So there's only a 1/3 chance of him having the path that mentioned the wyrms.

Everyone gets a different path, but it's all the same plot line. So the only difference would be where the ghost is, not what he/she says or gives you.

Ah, that's good to know!

Also, under the urgings of Hitman76, new information in the main post is now highlighted in cyan. Be sure to read over it again as I've just added a new section.

Nice topic! I can't wait for the master quest! Hopefully loads more of information is found about the Dragonkin or Necrosyrtes or whatever the real name of the creators of dragons is.

If Dragon items become smithable the only dragon ore rock will probably be in baxotorian falls and that will probably be the only place to smith it too. If that does happen we can all hope for the long awaited release of a dragon platebody. But what about level requirments to make it? We can only wait and see what will unfold. :ohnoes:

The master quest shall be the most interesting quest yet!

Sauromon222.png

sauromon222.png

Proud Completer of WGS!

dmetalfrene.jpg

Hmm...so the fairy says something about it? What about the monkey who sells dragon scims? or King Tyras's halberd shop seller(though, I doubt about him, as he is human)

I have to go, any chance someone checks these?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off