Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

That's a very interesting theory.

Do note that they were called wyvern or wyrm riders in the postbag (can't remember which one though). This could mean 2 things:

1) Skeletal Wyverns are the (re-)animated remains of white dragons (if I recall correctly, the revenant dragon only has one head now)

2) Besides the three now known strykewyrms, there was also a wyrm capable of flight.

No. 1 is the most logical, as this also explains why they have a draconic visage and the color. White hide would be an excellent camouflage in the white terrain where the wyverns are, and the Hidden Dungeon with the Frost Dragons makes this even a bigger possibility. Only point remaining is why Frost Dragons don't have a Freezing Breath instead/aside of Dragonfire Breath.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Just read the whole 1st post, thats an INSANE amount of infomation to gather, and it just shows how well these sorta things work if everyone works together- probably the best thread ive seen on tif, ever! *bookmarks for future reference* :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• 11 months later...

Decided to bump this because it's relevant to an upcoming update :)

Also a theory:

Explore the lost plane of Kethsi; form unexpected alliances; engage in huge battles; and witness the true power of RuneScapes cruellest villain.

What if we form an alliance with the Dragonkin during Rotm?

priest_wiz.png

Decided to bump this because it's relevant to an upcoming update :)

Also a theory:

Explore the lost plane of Kethsi; form unexpected alliances; engage in huge battles; and witness the true power of RuneScapes cruellest villain.

What if we form an alliance with the Dragonkin during Rotm?

YOU SIR...Are my new best friend. <3: <3: <3:

Second only to the OP of course for making this amazing thread. Now I have something to do and read in my spare time. Specially since the 200m thread is taking a different turn lately but ya, ive been caught up on it for a while now too.

And to the OP, basically everything the last few pages of people thanking you have said, are only a slight echo of my appreciate for this thread. So I will just say thanks a miillion again, stop talking and keep my response short for a change, and go back to reading your most amazing of amazing threads. <3: <3: <3: <3: <3:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I've mostly quit RuneScape, as it doesn't appeal to me as it once did. That said, I'm still willing to maintain this thread. Anything that you people needed added to the OP, I'll stick it in. Perhaps I'll rewrite it a little too. At some points it gets a little bit too melodramatic for my tastes. Who wrote this crap anyways?

For now, the only recent discovery is Kethsi, which has been mentioned in a RotM teaser in one of the Postbags. I'll post some pictures and a description tomorrow, so you can put that in the OP. Or someone else can do it if they feel like doing it.

As for RotM itself, I can post/PM any Dragonkin involvement and stories if you'd like.

priest_wiz.png

Amazing amount of Info here! I started reading at 11pm, finished at about Midnight! Iam very interested in runescape lore, and the Dragonkin are one of my favorite parts! Hopefully all will be revealed by the end of the month! :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

You say Saradomin entered at roughly the same time as Zaros. However, I was under the impression that, much like Zamorak, Saradomin was in fact a lieutenant of Armadyl, who received Armadyl's power when the aforementioned god left the world.

I'm not an efficienado.

You say Saradomin entered at roughly the same time as Zaros. However, I was under the impression that, much like Zamorak, Saradomin was in fact a lieutenant of Armadyl, who received Armadyl's power when the aforementioned god left the world.

No saradomin and armadyl were two distinct gods. Saradomin supposedly came into the world from the law portal on entrana (I actually think that was just propoganda since armadyl was the god of law, and the fact that the ghost that revealed the clan citadels of armadyl left a law rune) and we don't know where armadyl came from. But they were both fighting during the god wars and both had their own seperate armies. They would just team up from time to time if it suitted their purposes.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Sorry about the late reply. I've been busy and held back by slow down- and uploads.

Anyways, here is all the information I could find about Kethsi:

Kethsi was first mentioned in the 44th Postbag From the Hedge, in a reply from the Chaos Elemental:

Fourth Age, year 2212N1145E:

Origins lie in ruined Kethsi, but now they return from the stone prison to lay waste . The strong remembers, the weak falls.

The first indication of the link with the Dragonkin can be found in the word "strong", possibly pointing to Robert the Strong, who was seen fighting a Dragonkin in A Tail of Two Cats.

The second one is the year, which are actually coordinates. Filling them in in the Tip.it Treasure Trails Coordination Locator (trademark) gives us the following location:

kethsi9.png

This points close to Zemouregal's Fortress, indicating to a future Mahjarrat themed Quest and so possibly RotM.

We recieved a clue leading to Kethsi in a Developer Blog, concerning the development of the Mahjarrat Questline:

collar.jpg

"What could DIRAKS mean?"

DIRAKS is actually a Fairy Ring code sequence: DIR, followed by AKS. This transported the player to Kethsi, which could be seen on the Fairy Ring locations list:

kethsi1.png

This location, however, was already discovered on the 14th of June (10 days prior to the Dev Blog) and was first posted on the high-levelled forum section of the RSOF.

Once you arrive on Kethsi, you can search some rubble to find a Tetrahedron 4 (examine: a small stone carving). Its use is still unknown.

kethsi7.png

Here are some pictures of Kethsi itself:

kethsi6.png

kethsi4.png

On the right side, between the 2 statues, a wall panel can be seen. Upon closer inspection, one gets to see this:

kethsi8.png

Its use is still unknown.

On the top side of the previous pic, there is also an "unusual anvil" (examine: I may be able to make unusual things on it). It's use, again, is still unknown.

kethsi5.png

In the distance, one can see 2 rope swings, which leads to an uncharted part of Kethsi. They are currently inaccessible.

Another interesting object, is the mural (examine: an image of creatures destroying a city). Here's a closer view:

kethsi2.png

The dragon-like creatures may be destroying Kethsi, since there's a constant rain of black ashes there. It's still uncertain, though.

Kethsi was finally mentioned a second time, in the September BTS in the RotM section. It also lists Kethsi as a plane, so going by this information, it's not on Gielinor.

There are still many questions, but I'm sure RotM will answer many, if not all of them :)

Feel free to insert these description/pictures in the OP and rewrite/edit it as you see fit.

priest_wiz.png

Metal dragons were created by the dragonkin weren't they?

Weren't dragonkin in some way descendants of a certain dragon who evolved?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Read the thread, or at least the conclusions, before you comment. You might as well not bother, otherwise.

@OP: you didn't mention what appears to be a Dragonkin statue in Daemonheim-is it significant? The castle seems to have been destroyed in much the same way as Kethsi-looks like it was done from the air, IE by dragons, but a statue of a dragonkin complicates things.

I'm not an efficienado.

Read the thread, or at least the conclusions, before you comment. You might as well not bother, otherwise.

@OP: you didn't mention what appears to be a Dragonkin statue in Daemonheim-is it significant? The castle seems to have been destroyed in much the same way as Kethsi-looks like it was done from the air, IE by dragons, but a statue of a dragonkin complicates things.

I believe he'd already quit before Dungeoneering and Daemonheim were released :P

But yes, it does look like a Dragonkin. The location of Daemonheim is also pretty close to the ruined castle in the Wilderness.

Dragonkin-statue.png

priest_wiz.png

... I suggest you read the thread than, cause I participated in the past many times already.

But since no one can be expected to read every single post of the thread I'll ask again:

Weren't the dragonkin some kind of "immortal dragon" which created metal dragons to guard as a copy of themself?

What would that mean for the new plane being destroyed by dragons?

Then they came for me

... I suggest you read the thread than, cause I participated in the past many times already.

But since no one can be expected to read every single post of the thread I'll ask again:

Weren't the dragonkin some kind of "immortal dragon" which created metal dragons to guard as a copy of themself?

Going by the Postbag, Kethsi is the prison for the Dragonkin. It would make sense for the dragons to attempt to bust their masters out.

And yes, the Dragonkin made the metal dragons. The Dragonkin themselves aren't descendants of other dragons-like creatures (not that we know of), but it is believed that the chromatic dragons of today are descendants of wyrms.

priest_wiz.png

I'm sorry, I meant the first post.

here are some quotes I think relevant:

Like the Dragonkin, Elder dragons were said to have been around since before the first age, possibly long before then. The way the passage describes them, elder dragons were supposed to be extremely powerful, much like the Dragonkin. Other than this, there is little evidence linking the Dragonkin to Elder dragons.

Clearly this passage is talking about the mithril dragons, and the "higher power" is the Dragonkin. The Dragonkin are known to have created all dragons, including the most powerul dragon in RuneScape, the Mithril Dragons.

Think of dragons as rivers, flowing from a single mountain. The source, material and purpose are kin.

The stories tell of the Dragonkin being an intelligent race of bird like creatures that walked rather than used their wings. They are said to be immortal but cannot reproduce, because of this they became very afraid of death and shunned all other races. The Dragonkin made corrupted versions of themselves for protection, what we now know as dragons.

As you can see, the original post states that Dragonkin are both immortal (in the same way as Tolkienesque elves, IE they don't age exponentially but they can die of injuries) and it points out that they made all the dragons.

I'm not an efficienado.

Oh, Dkin didn't make chromatics? That's interesting. Source?

And Kethsi being a prison sounds good too.

What does confuse me about Kethsi is the mural. I can't imagine someone putting a mural on ruins, and it looks like it was there before it was ruined. Why, then, would you show a place being destroyed by dragons (presumably to gloat) in a place that was destroyed by dragons.

And wasn't Kethsi lost? So that also adds to the 'no mural after' idea.

I'm not an efficienado.

Have you seen that one episode of Futurama where Earth invaded the spiderians? The spiders wove a tapestry of the conquest as it was happening. Maybe the dudes in Kethsi did the same thing, except with a mural.

IT wasn't a real question by me, just requiring clarification though the quotes seem in contradiction: "The Dragonkin are known to have created all dragons", "Other than this, there is little evidence linking the Dragonkin to Elder dragons."

Or aren't the current non metal dragons descendants of the elder dragons?

But if that is a prison for the dragonkin: would it be possible the dragonkin actually escaped, and fled to the glienor plane?

Well but that wouldn't make sense: I believe the dragonkin only started to create dragons after they started to fear death. - So after robert the strong killed some? - And hence after they came to our plane.

What kind of being would need a prison at another plane? and from what time is that prison, who used it to enprison dragonkin? JAS?

Then they came for me

I got that info from the wiki, so it may or may not be true. I do think wyrms and elder dragons aren't the same. But tbh, we haven't seen either of them yet :P

The Dragonkin may have created the wyrms, which in turn may have turned into the dragons of today.

As for imprisoning the Dragonkin, Jas would make sense if Kethsi was the original location of the Stone. Otherwise I'd say Guthix or people like Robert the Strong.

priest_wiz.png

Ah yes I'd forgotten about that. He doesn't actually say anything about elder dragons... he is in fact a "fairy dragon". However his examine text is "Could this be one of the elder dragons?" which I've always considered to be a red herring.