Partyhats are back.

Pepper_all10

you obviously just want to sell your own

they all are going down and fast!

(i just checked ge right now)

what he said :|

Look, if you kids don't know wth you are talking about, just stop posting on the 'big boy' topics. It's clear you both can't afford/don't follow these items so don't make yourself look stupid by saying purple/yellow phats are dropping.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually very interesting. Since Party Hats have never been this low, and have always been a steady riser in price before the removal of free trade and Duel Arena Staking, they have been dropping at almost a brutally high rate. This could possibly be a turning point in the prices, since I do remember the time when Purple party hats were up over 140m, and look at them being only around 90m is slightly shocking.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I thought this was going to happen and it came true :lol: ever since the animal masks with their invisible price tags plummeted, people were going to have to find a new item, and I thought they would choose wearable rares, in particular h'ween masks and/or partyhats.

\' c'mon.. 3rd age please drop... :pray:

2vuhgcn.png

Posted alot in this already but more about it:

Spent time in w2 trying to upgrade my green. Friend got a 3a coif in ge max (these were at least 50m+ street), showing a turning point of 3a. This same friend also took a few hours to trade his kite, that coif, and cash for a purp.

People were offering 100+ for purp, 115+ for yellow (Im not sure what street is on yellow, but im pretty sure thats street).

Most hats have cash offers, and some people offering to buy junk as well.

Many are hard to buy, I had my friend who was looking to buy more get me a red out of the ge to trade. It sold for around mid. He got a hat out of the deal and I got the red, which i couldnt get a seller to downgrade to green. Before today if you tried to upgrade with cash it'd take you minutes.. I spent at least an hour before asking him.

From the looks on forums, blue is the slowest moving atm, but they all are definitally turning.. 3rd age is also definitally making it's turning.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I thought this was going to happen and it came true :lol: ever since the animal masks with their invisible price tags plummeted, people were going to have to find a new item, and I thought they would choose wearable rares, in particular h'ween masks and/or partyhats.

\' c'mon.. 3rd age please drop... :pray:

3rd age crashed today.

This month, Animal masks and 3rd age crashed. With the crash of 3rd age party hats have started making a come back. So basically, rares (mainly phats) are coming back

Merchant party hats? I dont think so...

Any merchanter knows he can profit a lot more with bulk items

History is repeating itself, now everyone panic buys...

When they see they could be getting a lot of more money they panic sell...

Then they will drop again...

I am not getting my hands on another, we have item lending option :)

waterza3.jpg

Along with this rise in phats, 3a is now (almost) crashed. It's not too hard to buy it in ge, and its value is going down less and less while partyhats are going up more and more.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Finally :thumbup:

now you get to buy me a bando's plate Olleh. ::'

sounds interesting that they've risen but if its merchanting, their doing it because party hats rise by the Mills, not 100k/1k etc like alot of common items. (hopes for 3rd age to be 1m a piece \' )

Popoto.~<3

I'm very unlucky when it comes to possessing items. If I keep my 3rd Age, it will crash hard. If I sell it all and buy a partyhat, partyhats will crash hard. :(

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

Now i officialy hate all partyhats and will never buy another rare in my entire life.

Ive been having the suckiest of luck at merchanting ever since the ge came out.

Its like merchants are against me or something.

I get my partyhat sold for junk and cash, the next day, people are offering pure cash for it.

I hope jagex decide to burn partyhats. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Wooo, he's not wrong either, and yeh, I was going to post but I figured I'd get flamed for "making another price moving topic" so I waited until someone else posted :thumbsup:

374498055woophats.png

Heh, to be honest i thought someone on these forums would have made a thread by then but i guess not :)

Anyways, based on that screenshot not only has purple and yellow risen (crystal clear now) but the amount green and reds have dropped is lower than in the past. White still took a ~10% drop but from what i've heard there have been a few red and white cash/cash + 3rd age sales.

All i can say is that even if this is manipulation, it was pulled off successfully and is probably one of the highlights of 2008 (for me and probably a few others).

Signature.png

why do we have to have a topic for every single price change maybe this is a turn for the better those who own party hats will get decent money instead of selling them for min and hoping someone will buy it within 2 months

but thats my 2 cents but what i'm saying most of us do watch the ge graphs anyway due to the rsof the ge prices can be sometimes way off the mark 48 mil for a 3rd age mage top and guess what 200 mil street price so all i can say is watch the ge but don't rely on the darn thing

ps don't do what my friend did and sold his cat mask for min price on the ge :shame:

~SrJoker

24b6j5h.jpg

YOU CAN'T KILL ME CAUSE I'M ALREADY INSIDE YOU!

Ok so hold on a sec... purple is up 886.6k and yellow is up 1m. Thats an increase of 1,886,600 right... but according to your own screen shot which you failed to notice was that 3 other party hats are DOWN! Why do you never see the overall picture? Green, red and white made a combined loss of 3,931,300 which means that across the board party hats lost 2,044,700 in value overall.

It's merchants selling to merchants. I think that purples and yellow will stabalise about where they are now and the others will continue to fall to a more "reasonable" price.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ok so hold on a sec... purple is up 886.6k and yellow is up 1m. Thats an increase of 1,886,600 right... but according to your own screen shot which you failed to notice was that 3 other party hats are DOWN! Why do you never see the overall picture? Green, red and white made a combined loss of 3,931,300 which means that across the board party hats lost 2,044,700 in value overall.

It's merchants selling to merchants. I think that purples and yellow will stabalise about where they are now and the others will continue to fall to a more "reasonable" price.

I've addressed the loss of the other three already but here's a more better explanation:

The grand exchange updates according to the trades that have happened between the last update and now. Using a bit of logic and based on past updates, partyhats drop ~10% everytime. Red is hovering at around 140-150m meaning, the anticipated drop should have been ~1.4-1.5m. However, there was only a drop of 1m.

If the anticipated loss was lower than expected, one would think that there would have to have been some sales ABOVE the trade price from the previous day causing the 'average trade price' to be higher. The grand exchange updates based on the average trade price of the previous day.

Now doesn't this mean people are paying more than the trade price? If so, it is clear that greens and reds are going to change direction soon. Check for yourself, go to the grand exchange database and see what the maximum trade price has been for greens and reds - it isn't the lowest price anymore.

In response to a more 'reasonable' price, partyhats are available to more people than ever before - if anything, the prices need to be adjusted higher (my personal opinion) so that they can once again be accessible to only those that have worked hard for the cash. Keep in mind that item lending allows anyone to wear one...

Sorry if I talked too much in that post, just waiting for my anime to download, anyone a Macross Frontier fan? :P

Signature.png

The reason the other partyhats dropped was people selling them to try to make a quick buck on the lower leveled ones. Greens and red are now rising because all the purples and yellows on the open markert are gone. It won't be long before whites and blues rise because there are even less of them out there to be on the open market.

You can look past through all the mumble jumble and just think:

Partyhats will always win in the end.

+1

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

why do we have to have a topic for every single price change maybe this is a turn for the better those who own party hats will get decent money instead of selling them for min and hoping someone will buy it within 2 months

but thats my 2 cents but what i'm saying most of us do watch the ge graphs anyway due to the rsof the ge prices can be sometimes way off the mark 48 mil for a 3rd age mage top and guess what 200 mil street price so all i can say is watch the ge but don't rely on the darn thing

ps don't do what my friend did and sold his cat mask for min price on the ge :shame:

~SrJoker

Congratulations. You have managed to say absolutely nothing coherent or relevant.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

So... 3a is crashing and phats are going up? Thank God. I'd much rather have 3a than a stupid paper hat.

Meh, partyhats are a great way to look good and invest your money. I think 3rd age looks like crap and has terrible bonuses. So everyone has an opinion are realy you posting that didn't contributed anything to the thread.

Whites are selling at mid on forums now so they're going up now.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

So... 3a is crashing and phats are going up? Thank God. I'd much rather have 3a than a stupid paper hat.

Meh, partyhats are a great way to look good and invest your money. I think 3rd age looks like crap and has terrible bonuses. So everyone has an opinion are realy you posting that didn't contributed anything to the thread.

Whites are selling at mid on forums now so they're going up now.

Yeah, I really doubt partyhats would look that great without their pricetag or rarity, either. But at least 3rd age has decent stats. Crap? The amulet and hat have the best bonuses for mage in the game. Now the stats on phats, that is crap.

I think it's a bit presumptuous to say that my post didn't contribute anything to the thread, because really, there isn't really much else to add. So partyhats are going up again; good, hold em' if ya got em'. :?