Partyhats are back.

Pepper_all10

Whites are selling at mid on forums now so they're going up now.
lol idiot statement alert. Selling as mid means they are neither going up nor down.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol idiot statement alert. Selling as mid means they are neither going up nor down.

#-o Please don't post next time until you know what your saying. Previously white partyhats wouldn't even sell at min they had to be added with 3rd age to sell. So them selling alone without 3rd age and even at mid meens a rise. Kthxbai.

-Peronix-,

You didn't contribute anything you said partyhats are junk and just restated everything else. You could have offers some insite on prices or even marketing. Sure 3rd age has stats but I can get much better armour for cheaper and easier. Sure the 3rd age mage hat and ammy have the best mage bonus but tell meh have you ever seen anyone maging in them? 3rd age is just for show as are partyhats. So 3rd age is basically the same as a partyhat because noone ever uses it for combat neither do they with parytyhats. So you can't say you buy 3rd age just for it's stats because it'd impractical to risk that much on it's stats. Anyway the people with the 100M+ usually like to spend and invest on something that there will always be rare and there will be no more of them then there already was. Since 3rd age can be brought into the game it won't be rare forever and is not an investment.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Street going up, not GE.

I predicted this about a week ago -- purples getting closer to street and all. Purples and yellows being the lowest and most common, I'm not suprised they were the first to turn. Now that the GE has updated and have shown purples and yellows turning, everyone is starting to buy phats.

Friend sold her white overnight, so they definitely are being bought. And I'm sure they will be going up soon.

[hide=Somewhat large image]screenshot005yd3.png[/hide]

Thankfully, got my friend to take out his 3a legs offer early -- amazed he didn't get them, lol.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Lol everybody could have foreseen this,

I really didn't understand all those people trying to downgrade/sell their partyhats, after purple fell beneath 100m.

I just bought my purple slightly to early, I paid 94 mill for it :mrgreen:.

and if I hadn't sold al my guthix pages I could have upgraded it by now.

Stupid of me :?

But they won't be stable soon, after a few weeks skyrocketing,

they will fall like crazy again.

now like with the animal masks; the ultimate goal is to sell them just in time \' .

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

now like with the animal masks; the ultimate goal is to sell them just in time \' .

And there-in lies my little issue with all this.

I honestly don't have any problem with merchanting via the GE. I just know that threads like this are tempting for many folks with a cash pile around or over 100m to jump in and buy these items. But there is huge potention for LOSS here, not gain, in my opinion.

There are those who drive these prices and there is everyone else who is one step behind them. This is just a word of warning to those aspiring merchanters who aren't in a clan or irc or some other group which buy/sell en-masse. Be careful.

End__User.png

Personally, I'm taking this opportunity to sell all of mine, this is my final Red one I sold (just now, for max).

4924514393hu048.png

yay someone sensible

(why is it strange that its 3hitu)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

This is just a word of warning to those aspiring merchanters who aren't in a clan or irc or some other group which buy/sell en-masse. Be careful.

Excellent advice! I'm not in the ph market -- don't have enough money. But I do buy and sell things in the 20m and below range, and knowing that people are out there manipulating prices, I apply one simple rule to stuff that I buy with an eye toward selling -- I never buy anything if I'd be totally bummed if I had to keep it forever. If you want to be a real merchant, you better join a group that has the power to manipulate prices. Otherwise, you're better off buying what you like, selling it if it goes up, and buying again if it goes back down. I can't tell you how many people I see begging me to take items off their hands because they sold everything they had to get it, and now the price is crashing. Don't be that guy!

punitivedsig.png

Personally, I'm taking this opportunity to sell all of mine, this is my final Red one I sold (just now, for max).

yay someone sensible

(why is it strange that its 3hitu)

You have no right to say that.

2j3qh46.jpg

Great news, though i doubt it will last- as someone clearly and very elaborately explained on the rs official forums a month ago, that because partyhat price range is stuck at 1%, merchants, who are only in the partyhat business for profit(and control atleast half of the market) will soon become tired of the endless waiting for the prices to update and realize that they could make so much more than +1% of their money a day by merchanting items that have a 5% price range.

3a crash? Don't know if this can actually be described as a crash rather than a slight panic and stupidity among some merchants and a general awe of 3a being traded for what just yesterday was considered as junk. At this moment partyhats are very nicely coinciding with 3a as i already had predicted. The 3a price drop has little to do with hats and is mostly because of it being sold with the worst of junk- spectral/arcane/elixir, pvp armor and dfh-s.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

With past items that had a higher street value than market value, there were multiple ways to obtain the item if one wanted it badly enough. You had the option to place an offer in the ge and hope that it eventually went through or you could do clues, go to god wars dungeon, kill mithril dragons, etc. until you obtained your desired item.

With partyhats however, there is only one way to obtain one and that is by purchasing it from another player. This combined with the fact that there are no more coming into the game means that if partyhat owners are smart they could in fact hold out for a very long time.

The thing that's been the problem up until this point is people were scared that they wouldn't be able to sell the partyhat later on if they purchased it, but now that there is a live market the demand is going to flourish.

Who wants a super expensive item that is only useful for looks and can't be sold if ever you decide you want to spend some of that money? Very few players.

Who wants a rare partyhat that is rising by millions per day and can be sold in an instant? A lot of players.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Without an indicator of trading volume, those graphs are pretty useless.

It is one of the great flaws of the GE - you can't see how many of something changed hands. There's no way to snapshot demand for any item - coal, uncut gems, party hats, etc.

You guys aren't so much "investing" in rares & virtual commodities as you are gambling on whether they will rise and fall. There's a big huge difference.

You might as well be flipping coins to make your buy/sell decisions.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Thats me done, all reds sold, all offers in for BGS :)

Haha, wow, same....Just sold my red, and have 8 offers in for BGS....

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

With every up there is a down.

This is just panic buying. Soon there will be panic selling again and they will go even lower.

Those that bought today will see that no one is buying again, and panic sell them lower.

Stock market works the same way.

Rise again this time larger scale.:mrgreen:

phatrisexc1.png

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I sometimes wonder how it must feel to be this stupid.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why this is happening? Is there some huge GE-manipulating stunt going on or is it just PvP slowly bringing back what used to be?

I personally think it's PvP, but don't really have much evidence to back it up. You're all saying that it's happening but anyone can look on GE and see that, I want to know why.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113