99 fletch>99 str (str is really overrated)

shooterbob7

*pokes the eyes out of all snobbiest/pureist/mycapeisbetterthanyoursists*

A skill cape is a skill cape. I respect those who get fletching and firemaking capes more than those who show off with strength capes because they've taken the time to train not a skill that brings them profit or gain, but one that they ENJOY. Those who get a cape 'because it's better' than another one doesn't deserve a cape at all. :wall: :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75%, if not more, of people with fletching/cooking cape got 99 JUST for the cape (because it's so easy to do).

99 strength has a purpose, and is not as easy to get.

I'm not saying it's extremely hard, but it takes more effort then cooking/fletching.

Also a strength cape is an indicator of how powerful a player is. Fletching/cooking cape suggests you have too much time on your hands.

Zerker_jane.png

Fix your spelling and grammar, and use paragraphs.

It's not how common an achievement is, it's how difficult it is to attain it. Fletching and Cooking are easily 99'd compared to Strength and all the rest of the melee combat skills.

i really hate how people attack grammar when they have nothing else to attack. i dont tell you to stop hitting 0-0 with your dds spec, do I?

Also, (im talking about combat skills) everytime i train, why do people have to ask str lvl. I'm one of those people that think 99 def > 99 str. Whats the purpose of hitting high, if you cant back it up. People should care about att and def more, because they are the most underated combat skills.

shooterbob7.png

Fix your spelling and grammar, and use paragraphs.

It's not how common an achievement is, it's how difficult it is to attain it. Fletching and Cooking are easily 99'd compared to Strength and all the rest of the melee combat skills.

i really hate how people attack grammar when they have nothing else to attack. i dont tell you to stop hitting 0-0 with your dds spec, do I?

Also, (im talking about combat skills) everytime i train, why do people have to ask str lvl. I'm one of those people that think 99 def > 99 str. Whats the purpose of hitting high, if you cant back it up. People should care about att and def more, because they are the most underated combat skills.

I've always said attack owns, but even I would love to see a 40 and a 0 as opposed to two 20's.

Strength has the cool factor.

And it's well earned.

Zerker_jane.png

combat skills are the most afk-able skills around.

Let's say you kill a monster with 100 Hp. That's 400 Str Xp per AFK session. Now compare that to how much Xp you get from one Fletching, Cooking, Woodcutting, Crafting, Herblore, Fishing, or Smithing AFK session.

aggressive mobs + auto-retaliate lol.

I can train strength for sessions of 5-10 minutes withough clicking in damis's lair. imagine bandits or something.

I can train strength for sessions of 5-10 minutes withough clicking in damis's lair. imagine bandits or something.

Guess you do have a point there. But still, I'm sure a majority of those people with 99 Strength didn't choose that method for their leveling. With skills like Woodcutting and Cooking, there really is no other alternative.

well either way, you still have a chance of getting a random event.

ive still seen more str capes than fletch capes. Still, why does everyone talk about str is my point. str stinks tbh. its better to have even stats then to be a pure anyday.

shooterbob7.png

What can 99 fletch/cook do for you that 85 can't? 99 strength allows you to dish out a whole lot more damage than 85, which is why so many people work hard for it.

It takes a lot longer to get 99 str than cook/fletch, it can't be bought, and it cant be done afk. Thats why its more respected.

can't afk combat? ever hear of bandits?

Psionic Elem - friend stole it and sold it to a school mate...wellplayed

2 7 3 - i go on a break and forget the pw...imsmart

T 3 R R 3 T - waiting to fail :P

well either way, you still have a chance of getting a random event.

ive still seen more str capes than fletch capes. Still, why does everyone talk about str is my point. str stinks tbh. its better to have even stats then to be a pure anyday.

Who says that having 99 Strength makes you a pure? What if you have 99 Attack and Defence too? :? Strength doesn't stink any worse than those skills.

Strength actually has a use at lvl 99, compared to fletching, which stops at 85. Therefore str>fletch. Most people get 99 fletch just for the cape, but people actually get 99 str for a different reason. You dont see many people saying "Oh! I'll just get 99 strength because I wish to get an easy cape!" -.-

Staurolite.png

@people saying str is 'afkable':

AFKing is against the rules, and assuming you would train strength within the rules as well as fletching, it's clear which skill is harder. Fletching involves buying your supplies, and standing in ONE SPOT at a bank for a couple weeks or whatever clicking 'make-x'.

Strength is not buyable, takes longer, more clicking, nearly impossible to start at one spot and finish in the same spot without moving.

I love you dude, finaly someone that understand me. Why is str always asked before attack or def? tbh str fail imo. Everyone wants to hit higher to ko monsters or other players, but what happen if you miss your shot because your attack is too low? What if you get killed because your defence is too low? When I ask people if they would want to hit one 40 or two 20s, everyone says 40. Why? Because they think they are better and cooler. But when you think of it, you will get the same exp then two 20s, you will kill the monster and you will get the drop. And all because of pures :roll:
The one forty has shock value. When a player sees that, he goes "Yikes! I could very well lose!" shaking him up a little and maybe causing him to make a mistake. That's the same reason I include an Ultralisk in my horde of Zerglings. It's big, it's tough, and it's a little scary. So even though I would be equally or even better served by more Zerglings for the same price in terms of numbers, I use them to freak out other players.

I could just fry your horde with Battlecruisers.

Anyways, Strength is not overrated. It may be the most common 99, but hey, people train combat on a daily basis. Combat is with the game. You can ignore cooking by buying food, and not train fletching by buying your bows. And, you're missing the fact that p2pers do more combat than a f2per (or what I think), and get loads of xp in a day. You also can't ignore the fact that f2pers also mainly train strength, and someone is going to have to hit 99 someday right?

75%, if not more, of people with fletching/cooking cape got 99 JUST for the cape (because it's so easy to do).

99 strength has a purpose, and is not as easy to get.

I'm not saying it's extremely hard, but it takes more effort then cooking/fletching.

Also a strength cape is an indicator of how powerful a player is. Fletching/cooking cape suggests you have too much time on your hands.

+1000000000000000 mil geepee for phr33 plawks

lol...but in all seriousness, i agree 99 str completely pwns 99 fletch. and thats because its USEFUL. theres no boost WHATSOEVER with 99 fletch compared to 85 fletch. you dont fletch bows faster, but when 99 str is compared to 85, you hit higher with 99 str.

now, i also dont like fletch capers because everyone has it, and like 3hitmage4u said, people get it because its EASY. thats why my first 99 will be mining. because its not easy, not AFK-able without botting, and not many people have it. even less than slayer.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

str isnt overrated -.- IMO it is one of the best skills to have a 99 in. I myself think of myself as a balanced player, training skills as well as combat. While training combat i sometimes find myself hitting only around 20. While as someone with 99 str and the skill cape, has the same weapon, hits like 40's... i find that impressive and certainly NOT overrated.

so why again is 99 fletch>99 str?

people flame you for fletching and fm because people are able to buy those skills. Once they see someone in one of those capes, they automatically assume you bought the skill.

As for me, i respect all people with any skill cape. Even if they do buy the skill like fm, they still have a lot of work to do. Getting 13m exp is no short task.

thats just my opinion ;) ...

A skill cape is a skill cape. Any 99 requires money/time. True, some are harder than others, but any 99 is a lot of work. I feel 99 attack was easier than 99 firemaking was, but people always tell me I should wear the attack cape - Its more respected.. :wall:

As for buyable skills - As I said before, they are still a lot of work. After I bought the logs for 99 fm there was A LOT of work thereafter. You had to get the money somehow as well. (unless you happened to have a rare sitting around to sell :P )

35b9enp.jpg

Their all skills, just shut up and laugh and their cook/fletch level when you don't have 99 str.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Because of pures. What people don't seem to understand is that outside of PvP, the combat level difference between you and your opponent doesn't matter.

It's not pures asking 'str lvl'.

It's newbies to the game, and those that are deciding if they should hop, or not at a crowded spot. If I have 90strength, and I see a level 60 there, I'm definitely going to try and take the spot from them without hopping, however if they look similar to my combat, I'm going to ask and get info instead of just hopping, or charging in and looking like an idiot when they have 99 strength and some of the best strength boosting gear.

Another thing, combat, or melee is the most common thing in the game. Everyone basically does it, and asking for strength levels is something that is fairly common when you're meleeing, or training a skill. Also, when you're out skilling and such, the most familiar skill people know is strength, thus they are going to start with 'str lvl' to start a conversation.

Another thing is cooking/fletching is far too easy to level, while strength takes a lot longer and is a bit more 'difficult'.

Guess you do have a point there. But still, I'm sure a majority of those people with 99 Strength didn't choose that method for their leveling. With skills like Woodcutting and Cooking, there really is no other alternative.

I compared strength to firemaking. Not cooking or woodcutting. I put strength (and attack and defense...) at about equal to woodcutting and above cooking. Simply because of xp rates. If they have 85+ slayer along with it (A 99 stat will get you 85 slayer) then I automatically put it with firemaking hunter and other clicking skills.

last i recall fletching stops at 95 not 85

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Nope, last thing you can fletch is a magic longbow, at level 85.

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

I compared strength to firemaking. Not cooking or woodcutting. I put strength (and attack and defense...) at about equal to woodcutting and below cooking. Simply because of xp rates. If they have 85+ slayer along with it (A 99 stat will get you 85 slayer) then I automatically put it with firemaking hunter and other clicking skills.

You compared them to all the skills "around".

combat skills are the most afk-able skills around.