"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

Demoli

"N00B" skillcapes

I'm currently training fm at edgeville, as i want my first skillcape.

At first i though defence, but as the max exp per hour is 100k, i didnt took it fr too long.

then i sawe this little devoloped skill, so i bought around 95k (the calculater did the maths) and started doing it.

hwever, passing ppl, specially the lower lvs, stop and call noob, probably cause i'm training fm. But i dont se them wielding ringmaster outfit, b pl8, legends cape, and specialy no skillcape!

y is this tendence of ppl h8ing fm? same happens as fletch and cooking. even quest cape was highly insulted b4 quests like rocking out and summers end

although is a cheaper and kinda faster skill, you must not forget that its overwhelmingly boring, and going for 99 takes quite a while.

this is a appeal i make for all tip.iters out there: although is a more common one, f, cooking and fletch is still a skillcape, and if you have anyone of them, you know that although cheaper, its extremely tedious ( i think thats the reason ppl with skillcape/ high lv players dont insult me). be kind and polite, we're ther to help.

Feel free to discuss

Note: I dont no life firemaking, and i do take breaks, so i would apreciate you dont call me and other skillers such things. I'm starting to enjoy firemaking and with other people chatting is much enjoyable, although slower.

Thanks for your attention

Edit: Many people are complaining about my gramar. The fat is i'mm not a native speaker, so i have my language problems too. Please get over it and discuss the thread, not my grades at english. Thanks.

Edit2: Hot Topic in 27/11/08, now that didn't see coming :thumbsup: thanks everyone for the support! Keep those opinions coming

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is looked down upon to get a 99 skill just for the cape, and when people do want a cape they usually go for an easy one, therefore people assume those capes= only gotten for the cape and the person did not enjoy getting it. Imo, you really shouldn't get a 99 cape in a skill you find boring, but its your choice.

I pity people whose favourite skills are firemaking, cooking and fletching. :wall:

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

viewforum.php?f=66

10 threads in there.

And tbh, anyone who has the guts to rant about people saying fletching, firemaking, or cooking skillcapes are really nooby skills, are idiotic. They are.

And anyone who nolife/powertrains a skill is no better.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I agree with the above comments, I worked for 99 Cooking, simply because I wanted the cape. Yet, I'm not even wearing it atm and the novelty has worn off. I feel like going for another 99, not just for the cape but for the challenge and enjoyement, as I feel that I haven't really achieved anything with 99 Cooking. :?

BTW, there's already a threap much like this. Just to let you know ;)

My 99 cooking was a by-product of getting 99 fishing and my 99 firemaking was a by-product of 99 woodcutting. 99 fletching was a bonus in creating thousands of bows to high alch. When I finish alching them i will have 94 magic.

Fletching, cooking and firemaking are nooby skills thats a fact. They are far to cheap/fast to level and if you are only getting it to have a skillcape then I have no respect for it. If you enjoy firemaking then fair enough but what is lame is the people that groan about having to light 200k willow logs to get the 99. If its boring don't do it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ringmaster with bandos plate and legends cape sounds disgusting. Talk about no dress sense.

so true, full ringmaster is the hawtness <3:

no capes are nooby, they all require some effort :|

granted some take more, slayer/runecraft etc. but a 99 is a 99 and therefore an achievement ::'

i got my 99 cook, for the ability to stop burning sharks, and for an easy woodcut cape trim :roll:

but i still love my cook cape (especially the colours <3: ) and feel a sense of achievement \'

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I think that getting 99 in any skill is respectable because even if you buy the materials, you still have to process the stuff which takes awhile.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

If you get a 99 just for the sake of getting the skillcape, and it's something as easy as firemaking, cooking, fletching etc., then it's NOT a worthy cape.

However, if you got 92 firemaking for an adze, then just decided to get 99 because you were halfway there anyway, that makes for a fine, respectable 99 firemaking.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Why does anyone need to justify the reasons for wanting a skillcape?

I wasn't aware it was up to anyone else whether your own thoughts are right or not.

If it makes you happy and you don't kill anyone in the process, go for it.

this is a appeal i make for all tip.iters and noobs out there

You're associating us with noobs? Thank you very much, you really know how to make people more likely to agree with you.

Basically people that power-level just for a cape are not considered to have done anything to deserve to be shown respect for their "effort". How many tens of thousands of players have 99 capes in Firemaking/Cooking/Fletching? Their numbers are constantly increasing, thus devaluing the capes for those skills even further. Not to mention that they're buyable skills, and that isn't helping.

You want "respect" for a 99? Go get it in a skill like Mining or Fishing. You said you were going for 99 Defence but decided to abandon it because it wasn't fast enough for you. You can't honestly expect to get the recognition you want by taking the easy way out.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

getting a 99 in a skill is more than respectable imo, some people get fletching because its cheap and easy but it still requires money and it still requires the patience of a saint, i know for a fact ill never get 99 in them despite how *easy* they are because its just to boring.

The reason a person would choose fm, cooking, fletching over certain others could also come down to price, you might say they are cheap but i know others that spend all there money reaching that 99 and they do it coz they want a cape, they set a goal and they acheive it! Good for them, they put all the required effort for the skill in to train it quickly which is smart.

You cant blame soemone for leveling a skill thats to easy, thats jagex fault not theirs.

People buy 3rd age to show off how rich they are, same goes for party hats, and alot of other things, how cool you think your character looks is very important to alot of people, and getting a cape (as they do look hot!) with funky shoudlerpads and dangly bits at the front with an actual achievement behind it and not bought like an obby cape is more than justification to own it.

Respect to anyone with any 99 in any skill

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I am so sick of hearing people wonder why others hate a certain skill. GET OVER IT. You get a cape for yourself, and if someone says it's a bad skill then tell them back:

"And who the hell are you?!"

The only thing you should expect from others is information and opinions.

Take these questions as example. Where i "Ask a player who got 99 defence" and consider to get a 99 myself.

1: Is the skill useful? Why and how?

2: Is the cape cool?

3: You like 99 def?

4: You think i should get it?

Not asking questions or checking up on what cape "is cool", and less common.

This situation of what is cool and uncommon is stupid, love the skill for the skill.

It can be compared to a thread i made. on Gallery section i made a drawing on paint of the Sun i made some effects to make the "Volcanci craters" inside Sun. Pyromancer told me "Draw what you see, not what you think you see" which is great advice and really made me realize how important it is.

Same to you: ignore what everyone says, you find skill useful and good and enjoyable. THEN DO IT!

I can say with 100% certanty that nobody (other then noob friends who are joking around) have insulted any of my skill capes or asked why i bother training a skill to 99.

I like all my skillcapes because they look nice and i worked to get them. ::'

When you are a 99 chaser people tend to frown upon you because you only go for the cape and don't get any enjoyment. I used to refuse to train the skills that were boring but my friends forced me into getting a better total level because they said it failed hardcore. If you don't enjoy it find something you do enjoy and get a cape in it. Also strength is the most common cape but noone frowns on it because it's a combat cape. I am against power training and 99 chasing or cape chasing personally but theres nothing I can do about noobs who do it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Because its stupid to train a skill just because you want the cape, you should train it because you actually enjoy it, not to have 99 in a skill with almost no uses.

Training cuz you like it or training cuz you want the cape doesn't matter. Its not stupid to want a cape.

Just ignore them.. :|

35b9enp.jpg

as people have said dont go for a 99 just for the cape

why go for 99 firemaking not just 91 if firemaking is just a means to a end (i dont do firemaking and it is one of my lowest skills, but someone like the log burner, 200mil in in firemaking properly enjoys firemaking) i personally am going for a high range level (maybe not even 99) because i love the skill

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]