"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

Demoli

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you get down to it, it just depends on how you play the game.

For me, I play for my enjoyment only, not for anyone elses. I don't need anyone's approval, for them to say, "Oh awesome cape, dude!" As long as I'm enjoying my time on Runescape, that's all that matters.

I don't buy in to the whole "respect" issue of skillcapes. It's all just a game. Whether your skillcape took a bit longer to get than mine, and whether it is a 99 in a "useful" skill, you're still just playing a game, on a seperate character that has nothing to do with mine.

For me personally, I just recently got 99 Cooking, and frankly, I haven't taken the skillcape off since. After eight years of playing Runescape, it was really cool to finally get a skill up to 99! Even if it takes a matter of days/weeks for some players to get "easier 99," you have to realize that that doesn't mean it's the case for everyone. Yes, I know features like Cook-x make for a lot less clicking, but I'll be damned before I listen to anyone tell me that I didn't work for my 99. (And really, even if you take the side of skillcapes taking "work," you still have to realize that the only "work" skillcapes involve is clicking. I click on some food, and then onto a fire. You click on some rune essense, and then onto an altar -- how are these two any different when you get down to it?)

And it seems to me that the going trend is for people to say, "Right, well, your skillcape sucks because you only got it for the sake of getting a 99. You won't be using the skill in the future."

To this, I say, SO WHAT? Why "can't" I get a cape for the sake of getting a cape? Why "must I" continue to use the skill in the future? These two things seem to be rules fabricated in players heads -- you just have to come to terms with the fact that it's acceptable for people to get a cape for the sake of getting a cape.

(There's probably not a lot of smooth transitioning here -- I woke up a few minutes ago and am still a wee bit groggy ;-;)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Look, I think we can all agree that a summoning cape is probably more impressive than a fletching cape. But that doesn't make a fletching cape "n00by" or "a joke." It still represents ~90 hours of training, which is a lot.

I got mine in about half that time. Fletching does not take 90 hours or even around that time if you don't waste time.

Stringing yew longbows is about 150k xp/hr, no? So about 90 hours to 99.

If you're using a faster method, you need to add the time it takes to earn the money to pay for the extra speed. Consider that a typical 'scaper probably has an income of about 200k gp/hr, give or take.

No you don't, because that money was earned while training another skill. I reached 99 fletching when less than 13,000 people had it, alched all the magic long bows I made, and made a pretty good profit. Its quite easy to get 400k gp/hr at green dragons with average gear, super pots, and a BoB. All you need is enough money to buy a few hundred logs and string at a time, fletch them, sell them, repeat.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Look, I think we can all agree that a summoning cape is probably more impressive than a fletching cape. But that doesn't make a fletching cape "n00by" or "a joke." It still represents ~90 hours of training, which is a lot.

I got mine in about half that time. Fletching does not take 90 hours or even around that time if you don't waste time.

If you're using a faster method, you need to add the time it takes to earn the money to pay for the extra speed. Consider that a typical 'scaper probably has an income of about 200k gp/hr, give or take.

No you don't, because that money was earned while training another skill. I reached 99 fletching when less than 13,000 people had it, alched all the magic long bows I made, and made a pretty good profit. Its quite easy to get 400k gp/hr at green dragons with average gear, super pots, and a BoB. All you need is enough money to buy a few hundred logs and string at a time, fletch them, sell them, repeat.

If you don't count the money you need, then skills like prayer are going to be even faster than fletching.

If you don't count the money you need, then skills like prayer are going to be even faster than fletching.

Yeah, and about 100x more expensive to train.

I got 99 Fletching when you actually made profit off magic longbow fletching, therefor I finished mine in 45 hours or less and made a little cash off the skill. Since then it has no use because the fletch-x has turned it into another workless, grind skill. It was a grind skill from the start, but you had to click a LOT to get it. Now, you click a few times per inventory instead of 30 times per inventory. It's easy now. An easy, easy EASY 99. Cooking is the same.

Look, ultimately you can just go look on the high scores. A lot of newer players in this game want things the easy way because Jagex seems to be making things easier all the damn time. They don't know what it's like to actually grind a skill anymore. Even cooking and fletching used to be harder. Now they are a total joke. Achieveable in just a few days with about 20x less the clicking than they used to require. People want things easily, so if they want a skillcape, they take the easy route to get one. It's that damn simple. There are so many damn people with 99 cooking and fletching that if I look someone up and they DON'T have the skills, I am honestly surprised.

Now THAT is the truth. Have your opinion based on that, not based on your "feelings." No one cares about how it makes you feel to earn a cape, we care about the facts. What 99s are the easiest and fastest and least expensive, and what are the most common. THOSE are the capes that won't catch someone's eye as opposed to a cape that takes 500+ hours to achieve.

Ultimately, who cares what someone thinks about your cape? If you didn't get it to earn respect then why do you care so much when people won't respect you for having it? If you only got it for the joy in getting a 99, then who cares what people say when you wear the cape with pride? If it's really bothering you that I can sit here and tell you that your cape is not nearly as impressive most of the others, then that really just shows that you only got the cape to try to woo us over.

Well it's not working.

And as a disclaimer I'll say this: I got 99 cooking and fletching first because I knew they were the easiest 99s. I got cooking before capes even existed. I then got theiving because the cape is one of the best looking in my opinion. I then got 99 melee stats and prayer because I wanted to max my combat. Then I got 99 slayer because, quite frankly, it's the best looking cape and one of the hardest to obtain (which challenged me), and then 99 magic because it's a combat skill. I'm now leveling summoning to 99 (need about 1400 more charms) and then ranged (which I hate, but will complete my combat stats.)

Notice I train my skills because I have different uses for them, but I am not in denial about which ones were hard and which were easy. If I wore my cooking cape and someone came up and called it a nooby achievement cape, I would light-heartedly agree and move on with my life. I've got better things to do while in game, like, for example, get more 99s.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Yeah, and about 100x more expensive to train.

I got 99 Fletching when you actually made profit off magic longbow fletching, therefor I finished mine in 45 hours or less and made a little cash off the skill. Since then it has no use because the fletch-x has turned it into another workless, grind skill. It was a grind skill from the start, but you had to click a LOT to get it. Now, you click a few times per inventory instead of 30 times per inventory. It's easy now. An easy, easy EASY 99. Cooking is the same.

Look, ultimately you can just go look on the high scores. A lot of newer players in this game want things the easy way because Jagex seems to be making things easier all the damn time. They don't know what it's like to actually grind a skill anymore. Even cooking and fletching used to be harder. Now they are a total joke. Achieveable in just a few days with about 20x less the clicking than they used to require. People want things easily, so if they want a skillcape, they take the easy route to get one. It's that damn simple. There are so many damn people with 99 cooking and fletching that if I look someone up and they DON'T have the skills, I am honestly surprised.

Now THAT is the truth. Have your opinion based on that, not based on your "feelings." No one cares about how it makes you feel to earn a cape, we care about the facts. What 99s are the easiest and fastest and least expensive, and what are the most common. THOSE are the capes that won't catch someone's eye as opposed to a cape that takes 500+ hours to achieve.

Ultimately, who cares what someone thinks about your cape? If you didn't get it to earn respect then why do you care so much when people won't respect you for having it? If you only got it for the joy in getting a 99, then who cares what people say when you wear the cape with pride? If it's really bothering you that I can sit here and tell you that your cape is not nearly as impressive most of the others, then that really just shows that you only got the cape to try to woo us over.

Well it's not working.

And as a disclaimer I'll say this: I got 99 cooking and fletching first because I knew they were the easiest 99s. I got cooking before capes even existed. I then got theiving because the cape is one of the best looking in my opinion. I then got 99 melee stats and prayer because I wanted to max my combat. Then I got 99 slayer because, quite frankly, it's the best looking cape and one of the hardest to obtain (which challenged me), and then 99 magic because it's a combat skill. I'm now leveling summoning to 99 (need about 1400 more charms) and then ranged (which I hate, but will complete my combat stats.)

Notice I train my skills because I have different uses for them, but I am not in denial about which ones were hard and which were easy. If I wore my cooking cape and someone came up and called it a nooby achievement cape, I would light-heartedly agree and move on with my life. I've got better things to do while in game, like, for example, get more 99s.

But there's this double standard that this stuff is "n00by" but other stuff isn't. A fletching cape, time-wise, ought to be worth the same as a blue h'ween mask, but blue masks aren't considered n00by. A firemaking cape takes longer to get for a typical player than a set of full dragon.

Just 10 minutes ago somebody saw my trimmed fletch cape and said "lol is ur other 99 cooking". Well, the "lol" made me think it was a derogatory comment so I didn't bother to answer. The guy then typed "?" no fewer than 12 times and then said, "I'll take that as yes". Then a nice fellow told him it was firemaking. I told the nice guy thanks and the other said "lol for wat" I said for not being an [wagon] and then he logged off.

Why do some people feel the need to make fun of what others do in a game? Is clicking one thing really harder than clicking another? No. It doesn't bother me if people don't respect it, hell I don't respect either of my 99's. Anyone who wants respect in a stupid game is shallow. But why do people go out of their way to mock something they shouldn't even care about? It's just dumb.

Just 10 minutes ago somebody saw my trimmed fletch cape and said "lol is ur other 99 cooking". Well, the "lol" made me think it was a derogatory comment so I didn't bother to answer. The guy then typed "?" no fewer than 12 times and then said, "I'll take that as yes". Then a nice fellow told him it was firemaking. I told the nice guy thanks and the other said "lol for wat" I said for not being an [wagon] and then he logged off.

Why do some people feel the need to make fun of what others do in a game? Is clicking one thing really harder than clicking another? No. It doesn't bother me if people don't respect it, hell I don't respect either of my 99's. Anyone who wants respect in a stupid game is shallow. But why do people go out of their way to mock something they shouldn't even care about? It's just dumb.

You're right. You'll find no mocking from me. The only issue I have is with the people who get 99s in easy skills and then demand that people respect their 99s. Don't lie. There's just as many of those people as there are the mockers.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

OK. Why do people even care if someone has a "crappy cape?". How does having a runecrafting cape make you superior? ITS NOT HARD WORK- getting high skills doesn't require you to be physically fit, or mentally superior above anyone else. Its all about how much time you have on your hands. In fact people who have the time to get amazing stats usually spend more time playing a computer GAME because they have more FREE TIME meaning they have LESS WORK. You shouldn't be getting good skills simply because you want respect, because theres nothing to be respected about having high skills. Admired, maybe- but if its respect you want fight in a war or donate money for charity.

In my opinion, one achievement does not equel the other achievement. I find 99 runecrafting far more impresive then 99 fletching for example. Ofcourse this is true, because the time invested and effort required is far greater.

Getting a 99 is an achievement nontheless. Tough one is greater then the other, it is still respectable that a person reaches a 99. Personally I do not respect a person with 1200 total and 99 cooking/99 fletching. This usualy just means a person grinded towards that goal. Yes, it costs money, yes it costs time. But be fair and all. You never have to move 1 square to reach those levels. Yes they are impressive, but at a far lower level then I respect 99 slayer.

Personally I recently reached the Questcape, what made me quite content. Questcapes take little time compared to things as 99 mining. I think they are far less impresive then a fishing/mining cape. Simply because it is easier to get them. For myself, I hardly have the patience to get a 99. I also get injuries to my wrist (carpel tunnel / RSI .. yay) so I am not even going to try and grind my way to something. Getting the questcape and all diarie items was impresive for me. If someone walks up to me and says I got a noobcape I respond in 2 ways:

-Get it yourself and then judge me?

-I don't mind.. I am happy and proud to have it.

Noobcapes excist only in the mind of others. An achievement is an achievement, be proud on it. If others don't see/judge in the same way.. well. They might have their reasons. There are things far more impresive (like completion of all champion scrolls). Nontheless, an achievement is an achievement!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Personally I recently reached the Questcape, what made me quite content. Questcapes take little time compared to things as 99 mining. I think they are far less impresive then a fishing/mining cape. Simply because it is easier to get them. For myself, I hardly have the patience to get a 99. I also get injuries to my wrist (carpel tunnel / RSI .. yay) so I am not even going to try and grind my way to something. Getting the questcape and all diary items was impresive for me. If someone walks up to me and says I got a noobcape I respond in 2 ways:

-Get it yourself and then judge me?

-I don't mind.. I am happy and proud to have it.

Noobcapes excist only in the mind of others. An achievement is an achievement, be proud on it. If others don't see/judge in the same way.. well. They might have their reasons. There are things far more impresive (like completion of all champion scrolls). Nontheless, an achievement is an achievement!

personally, i think a quest cape is impressive. it takes pretty high skills across the board to achieve it, means you're an all-round player, and if you haven't used guides on everything (which admittedly some do), then it's a great achievement that i'd personally value over any 99 cape. i don't have any, because i'm a college student and i work, so i'm not on 24/7, but i'd love the quest cape.

and i agree that all capes are an achievement, but i think they're more of an achievement in the case of cooking and fletching if you were self sufficient when getting them. i know when i have both of those capes thati cut all the logs myself, spun all that flax myself, fished all the sworfish and sharks and gathered all the ingredients for those tuna potatoes without stepping in the GE (apart from the first day i became a member, a couple days before christmas, when i had no idea how to get bowstrings lol.)

I personally think the best way to earn capes like cooking + firemaking is through the by-product of a skill like woodcutting + fishing.

Although, there is nothing wrong with just wanting to get a 99, but you should always enjoy the skill you are training first.

Goodluck btw ^.^

crimson%20skil.png

crimson%20skil.png

This thread is still going on, wow.

This game does not envolve skill, tallent, only time and patients, if you have this, congratulations you've proberly got high stats.

:wall:

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Well my first 99 was hunter wich i got when i was 65 combat because i was tired of not having any money and i really liked the skill. Then i used cooking to trim my cape. Now i also have 99 attack but in my opinion with armoured zombies combat 99's are just as easy as 99 fletch,cooking,firemaking and you even profit from it.

The reason i get 99's is because i enjoy skilling and getting my total lvl up so why not get the cheaper/faster 99's out of the way first.

Maffe_Dennis.png

I cant stand people who get a pointless skillcape (fletching, cooking, firemaking), which are skillcapes nonetheless, but then get [bleep]ING COCKY THAT THEY HAVE A [bleep]ING SKILLCAPE!

*THAT* is annoying.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I cant stand people who get a pointless skillcape (fletching, cooking, firemaking), which are skillcapes nonetheless, but then get [bleep] COCKY THAT THEY HAVE A [bleep] SKILLCAPE!

*THAT* is annoying.

^^^^

fletch99.png

Very proud :) this was my first "skill" skillcape, but not my first skillcape (quest)

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

I don't have a problem with people who get 99 Fletch/Cook/FM just for the sake of having a skillcape.

But honestly, those noob capes ARE NOT better than other capes. In terms of prestige, I don't rank a "easy" cape any higher than Obby/Legends Cape.

I'll say it right now - I have no skillcapes and when people walk up to me saying "Dood ur 116 with no 99's, ur a looser", I laugh if they have an "easy" SC, because they really aren't much better than me.

I think that this is all a matter of valuing your own achievements. I, personally, prefer to walk around with a Obby Cape instead of getting an easy cape as my first 99.

Btw, Strength the most common 99 skill in the game, with nearly 100k players having it. Does that make it a noob cape?

¤¤ 20death04 in Runescape, Semi-Retired ¤¤

100M+ Net Worth - Yes I do own the AGS in my avatar.

20death04.png

I think untrimmed str cape is stupid. just my opinion.

But yeah I remember being level 116 with No skill cape and a kid with untrimmed FM laughing at me (like level 85 or w/e). I had like 85 slayer at the time, which is more effort/time then a cook and fm cape combined. You just gotta shake your head and laugh at it.

Some people want to invest there time into more useful skills or harder skills then jumping on the easy/fast/cheap skill cape bandwagon just to have one, which often has 0 uses.

But basically no skill cape should earn anyones respect. just do what you enjoy and stuff. Though a maxed player surely has some dedication and has got my respect on that.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

But yeah I remember being level 116 with No skill cape and a kid with untrimmed FM laughing at me (like level 85 or w/e). I had like 85 slayer at the time, which is more effort/time then a cook and fm cape combined.

I think it's pretty obvious that whichever party is being the jackass is the one who's in the wrong. None of this crap is worth gloating over. <.<

Regardless of whether you consider a fletching cape to be a lesser achievement than a ranged cape, or what you perceive the wearer's motives for attaining the cape to be, it's clear that no skillcape is "n00by." That's just a stupid claim to make, and I don't think anyone here honestly believes it. Players aren't n00bs because of their equipment or their skill levels, and anyone who thinks such is, quite frankly, a n00b.

Although I had 99's before skill capes were released, still I had hard 99's. It wasn't until after I had gotten Slayer and maxed my combats (minus prayer and summon) before I got 99 Cook or Fletch. All personal preference, I've got a friend who likes the look of Fletch cape but I guess who are we to judge. But in my opinion, I'll stick to a harder skill to achieve..I love my Slayer Cape ::'

Mr_Muto.png

Whips - 101

Barrows - 97

Dragon Drops - 209

2100/2200 Total

992nd To 99 Slayer.

Mr_Muto - Muto's Slayer Blog

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> -- add it.

Any skill cape in my mind is an achievement. All skill capes are obtained by the same method, repetitively clicking with a mouse. Skillcapes such as Cooking/Fletching/Firemaking are seen as the 'noobiest' or 'easiest to obtain.' It's true they're easier than some others like slayer, or mining for example. But if someone comes along with a crafting or ranged skillcape, they're seen as very skilled players, and looked up upon.

With money, it's a lot quicker to get a 99 in those two skills, (from what I've heard.)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome