"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

Demoli

Firstly, I'm not a noob. Sheesh, the cheek of some people :shame:

Secondly, I actually respect you for training what is, to me, an exceedingly boring skill....

I personally favour fishing (no capes yet... :( ) but if I can keep to it, then maybe it wouldn't be so far off. But in the meantime I can happily browse the forums, both RSOF and Tip.it

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I advise you train somewhere thats more secluded.

I personally never had that problem and I probably get insulted more day to day than you do if I was in a crowded area for long. Aswell as more good comments than bad.

Not that im bragging but pointing out I never had this problem so I suspect you in popular/crowded areas. Which attracts more idiot comments.

Your post just gave an English teacher somewhere a stroke. Only noobs wear noob skillcapes. if i had 99 cooking or fletching i would be embarrassed to wear the cape.

I say a 99 is a 99. I was 117 in p2p wearing untrimmed fletching cape cuz I wasn't afraid to say it, I ONLY HAVE 1 99! Besides, the people are kinda close if you stay in the same worlds, they'll know I'll get 99 mage soon anyway.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Wait a second..What are you guys talking about?

If someone wants a skillcape then why the hell shouldn't they get a 99 just for the skill cape?

So everyone on the top page of the highscores is an idiot for getting 99 in skills they dislike? Or for maxing out xp in skills that are 'easy' or 'buyable'?

Sure, some skillcapes are indeed more respectable, with good reason, but that's no reason to not get a 99 in an easy skill if you want a skill cape, even if you dislike the skill.

Insult people for buying an easy skill if you must, but don't insult them just for wanting a skill cape. Skill capes are sexy as hell.

Zerker_jane.png

I'm getting 99 firemaking (even though I'm not) cuz the cape is sexy and I love the emote. It was AzureChaos' outfit combined with the awesome emote that made me love it <3:

I like my quest cape too, I'd like a trim on it though, even though I haven't done the Achievement Diaries.

Slayer stops getting any more bonuses at level 90. But people still get 99 slayer. Why? for the cape. So i quess slayer is a "noob cape" too? Herblaw stops at level 82. So the only reason of getting 99 herblaw is for the cape? I guess herblaw is a "noob cape" too. Crafting is level 90. So getting 99 crafting for the cape makes it a noob one? Farming at level 85. So getting 99 farming for the cape makes it a noob cape? I could go on...

Also some may say they "enjoy" that particular skill. Slayer, i understand. Herblaw? Would anyone in their right mind enjoy losing millions of GP to make potions for hours? Crafting. Have fun using a needle on thousands of pieces of leather. Farming. I guess this could be considered "fun" but not really.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I trained fletching back when it was really profitable because I was an idiot about moneymaking. I chose the skill because I heard it would make me a decent amount, and I thoroughly enjoyed training the skill except for the last level. People were excessively rude to me about it. "flethcing cape??? gf nub"

I love the cooking emote, and I achieved that cape as well. I was abused for this even more than for fletching. I couldn't understand why people needed to rub their slayer cape in my face. Why were they better? Was it just because they had played longer than me and were more interested in combat?

Finally I got my quest cape, a long-term dream of mine and my favorite aspect of RuneScape. When people learned what three capes I had, they ripped into me, in the most egregious fashion imaginable.

I'm still not sure what I've done wrong. I chased a profit, I snagged an emote, and met a goal while having a lot of fun along the way. Somehow this makes me a "sad n00b" with "no life/boyfriend" and "fat and ugly." Don't give me the line about the average player either, Tip.It-ers have perhaps given me the worst of the lot.

Someday I hope the community will grow a bit wiser. Once we shed the notions of "noob cape"s and stop comparing ourselves to other players things will change for the better. However, I fear it will only grow worse...

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Also some may say they "enjoy" that particular skill. Slayer, i understand. Herblaw? Would anyone in their right mind enjoy losing millions of GP to make potions for hours? Crafting. Have fun using a needle on thousands of pieces of leather.

Well..I consider Agility and Fletching fun and they aren't really considered fun skills..So I guess people could easily enjoy them skills also.

Zerker_jane.png

I got 99 firemaking because I like to train that skill, the cape was a bonus, I also got 99 attack because I like training attack and again the cape was a bonus, everyone who insults any 99 skill should be shot.

13zwenn.png

Why does anyone need to justify the reasons for wanting a skillcape?

I wasn't aware it was up to anyone else whether your own thoughts are right or not.

If it makes you happy and you don't kill anyone in the process, go for it.

I completely agree with you.

Also, I would like to add that even if you wanted to get an easy skill for the cape, it's no big deal. Last year, I decided I wanted to have a 99 cape and decided to do Fletching cause it was easy. Took me 2 months and a half since I don't play that often. Although it was an easy cape to achieve, it has probably been the only thing I have stuck to until the very end. I always give myself goals, small or big, and end up not finishing them. With this, I noticed I can accomplish things.

Ok, so the short version is: If you want to do something (legal of course), go for it. People can't force you not to do things because according to their opinion, it's stupid.

25qpy4j.png

Signature made by me ^^

Proud owner of a Fire Cape!

I pity people whose favourite skills are firemaking, cooking and fletching. :wall:

Lol Fletching is my favorite and thats why I got 99 :D

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

I'm not going to question your logic on doing this, and no one else should either. Everyone does what they do for a reason. Sometimes even they don't understand that reason. That's fine. Just so long as you remember that it was your choice to do that. Not the choice of anyone else.

If someone is going to insult you because you made a different choice than them, just ignore them. People will be overly-critical about anything and everything. Don't get involved in their self-esteem issues or jealousy and make them turn into one of those people that goes on school-shootings. It's not worth it.

Do whatever you want. No one, not even whatever higher power you might believe in has the right to question your decisions about yourself.

Slayer stops getting any more bonuses at level 90. But people still get 99 slayer. Why? for the cape. So i quess slayer is a "noob cape" too? Herblaw stops at level 82. So the only reason of getting 99 herblaw is for the cape? I guess herblaw is a "noob cape" too. Crafting is level 90. So getting 99 crafting for the cape makes it a noob one? Farming at level 85. So getting 99 farming for the cape makes it a noob cape? I could go on...

Also some may say they "enjoy" that particular skill. Slayer, i understand. Herblaw? Would anyone in their right mind enjoy losing millions of GP to make potions for hours? Crafting. Have fun using a needle on thousands of pieces of leather. Farming. I guess this could be considered "fun" but not really.

One of my clanmates is going for 99 herblore because he likes training the skill. It's not just putting ingredients together for hours on end. It's also the challenge in obtaining the ingredients. Not just farming herbs and collecting snape grass spawns, but even the challenge of trying to buy and sell the ingredients and the finished products on the Grand Exchange with the minimum amount of loss, watching the markets and so forth. And it's partly the thrill of doing something because nobody else does it, sort of like a Magic: the Gathering player making a deck based on Norin the Wary, a creature who runs away whenever anyone attacks, rendering him useless for all the combat purposes for which you would normally want a creature. (Think of a weapon that unequips itself anytime you enter combat, and that's basically Norin the Wary.) Herblore is kind of like that deck, only longer and more expensive.

You should only train a skill because you like it or you need a certain level for a quest etc. But just getting 99 to get a cape is pathetic.

People pay millions in supplies and get up range levels (which some of them hate ranging) to get a fire cape. Is that pathetic too?

I don't get how getting up skills you hate for quests is any less "pathetic" in your mind. This can also go towards getting a cape.

Shaniqua.png

Technically you can apply this logic to anything.

Training for a goal, to have a reward that you want.

If its double natures you want, train to 91 RC. Use them for money or magic, its up to you.

If its a godsword you want, go train skills and solo a godwars boss.

If its a cape you want, train the skill to get it.

If you want to wear a bandos plate, train defence to get it.

Its all the same logic.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Because its stupid to train a skill just because you want the cape, you should train it because you actually enjoy it, not to have 99 in a skill with almost no uses.

QFT

Most people get those skills up just for the cape. Therefore the typical stereotype for anyone who has a cooking, fletching, or fm cape is "Noobish" :wall:

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

A message to the true noobs of Runescape

It's hard work, getting a 99, they got something to show for it.

And as such, No skillcape is "better" than another, nor should you be jealous because you don't have one and they do

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Because its stupid to train a skill just because you want the cape, you should train it because you actually enjoy it, not to have 99 in a skill with almost no uses.

The topic, in my opinion, should have ended with this very first post.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png