"N00b skillcapes" : they're also skillcapes!

Demoli

i think you should be able to walk around with a fletching cape and not be flamed...

the person that is flaming you probably doesnt have the cape.

the real question is "why are you making fun of me when i have an easy cape but you dont have it?"

and if they do have the cape.

you have it to so you must be a noob.

they probably havent goten their next 99 yet.

stop being a noob and let them get a cape if they want to.

Thats the whole point, I'm GLAD I havent wasted so much time just to have a 99. If i'd laugh with you but I have one myself, that'd be lame, moreso than not having 99 fletching.

It's a waste of time to get 99 in a skill...so you'd laugh just as hard if not harder at people who get 99 runecrafting, or slayer, or farming, or agility, or fishing, or mining, or construction? Those are even bigger wastes of time, since they take longer to get, right? So in a way, fletching is much less n00by than those skills?

No cause when wasting time on these skills you get something back. Respect, money, ... With fletching nothing...

:lol: respect? it's an online game :| if you want respect take time you waste on runescape and do something for the community/charities ;)

and you get money from skills like agility and construction? :shock: ...construction alone costs more to get 99 in than you will ever earn back #-o

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you should be able to walk around with a fletching cape and not be flamed...

the real question is "why are you making fun of me when i have an easy cape but you dont have it?"

Thats the whole point, I'm GLAD I havent wasted so much time just to have a 99. If i'd laugh with you but I have one myself, that'd be lame, moreso than not having 99 fletching.

It's a waste of time to get 99 in a skill...so you'd laugh just as hard if not harder at people who get 99 runecrafting, or slayer, or farming, or agility, or fishing, or mining, or construction? Those are even bigger wastes of time, since they take longer to get, right? So in a way, fletching is much less n00by than those skills?

At least you aren't wasting money in a desperate attempt for some e-fame when you earn a farming or RC cape.

I have 96 fletching. Around a year and a half ago, I decided it was time to finish my age old 99 magic goal, so I bought a crapton of mages, yews, bs, and unstrungs. Most I traded for the finished products, but just fletching the few I couldn't get rid of raised my fletching from 80 something to almost cape.

Been a year and a half since I touched my fletching. Guess what? I couldn't care less about that cape, because I'm not desperate for skillcapes. I trained magic because I could use it, and because I enjoyed it. (IIRC, I'm up to 14m+ magic xp atm, just from use.) I only trained fletching out of necessity.

When you see these level 80s with 1400 total level and like 30 farming and 56 ranged buying yews by the bucketload to fletch, you can't help but think how pathetic it must be if they're that desperate to waste their time (and their pixels) to get a completely useless cape.

And don't give that [cabbage] about how "some people like fletching", because you know as well as I do that the vast majority of the noobs running around in untrimmed fletching capes with their gold infinity and mith gloves trained that skill for one reason and one alone - because they wanted some precious self fulfillment, an "achievement", and maybe have those people they run into ingame to look up to them as an added bonus.

But, as we all know, nobody gives a [cabbage] about a fletching cape, or a firemaking or a cooking one, and as a result there are like 3 of these threads at any given moment on any given fansite where somebody is crying that their cape isn't getting them the praise they wanted.

[hide=Quote train]

[/hide]

No cause when wasting time on these skills you get something back. Respect, money, ... With fletching nothing...

What do you get for 90-99 slayer then, some secret level 99 slayer monster I don't know about? What do you get for 85-99 farming if it doesn't make your crops grow any better? What do you get for 99 fishing or woodcutting, the ability to make money slowly? And 99 construction--how often are you really going to use that dungeon?

Way I see it, getting 99 in those skills is an even bigger waste of time than fletching by your criteria.

Troacctic, read what Huta has written. He's expressing exactly the same feeling I'm feeling.

Fine.

At least you aren't wasting money in a desperate attempt for some e-fame when you earn a farming or RC cape.

[...]

When you see these level 80s with 1400 total level and like 30 farming and 56 ranged buying yews by the bucketload to fletch, you can't help but think how pathetic it must be if they're that desperate to waste their time (and their pixels) to get a completely useless cape.

And don't give that [cabbage] about how "some people like fletching", because you know as well as I do that the vast majority of the noobs running around in untrimmed fletching capes with their gold infinity and mith gloves trained that skill for one reason and one alone - because they wanted some precious self fulfillment, an "achievement", and maybe have those people they run into ingame to look up to them as an added bonus.

But, as we all know, nobody gives a [cabbage] about a fletching cape, or a firemaking or a cooking one, and as a result there are like 3 of these threads at any given moment on any given fansite where somebody is crying that their cape isn't getting them the praise they wanted.

You bash cooking, but if your criterion is how much it's worth your time, why would you respect fishing more than cooking? Why would you respect thieving more than cooking? Why would you respect agility more than cooking? Why would you respect mining more than cooking?

What makes those other skills worth it that cooking doesn't have?

:lol: respect? it's an online game :| if you want respect take time you waste on runescape and do something for the community/charities ;)

and you get money from skills like agility and construction? :shock: ...construction alone costs more to get 99 in than you will ever earn back #-o

Dont do as if you didnt understand the money part was about runecrafting and the respect part about the others. Btw, your reply how there's no respect and such on an online game is pathetic if I look at your sig. "2 99s". I'm pretty sure you are proud about it, and you should. You are proud and want to show off, so other people look up at you. That's how it goes, online and offline. Those capes are all about respect and showing off. I'm just saying, with the cooking and flethcing capes, the respect part is gone since it's so easy. What's left? The grinding. They still require quite a bit of time, so I'm saying, better waste your time on other skills , where, if you finally manage to get 99, you get *something* back. Or do skills you like and dont get any 99s (like I did so far).

But that's just me.

Troacctic, read what Huta has written. He's expressing exactly the same feeling I'm feeling.

Fine.

[...]

You bash cooking, but if your criterion is how much it's worth your time, why would you respect fishing more than cooking? Why would you respect thieving more than cooking? Why would you respect agility more than cooking? Why would you respect mining more than cooking?

What makes those other skills worth it that cooking doesn't have?

Depends on the reason you trained it. Like I said, 99% of the people with fletching or cooking capes, and probably 100% of the people with firemaking capes, got it for no other reason than for the sake of having a cape in hopes of getting esteem in other player's eyes.

If somebody tells me they trained to 99 runecrafting just for the cape, just so people will go "omg, RC cape", I'll put them in that same category as the random nub with untrimmed fletching in a heartbeat. At least, though, the person with the RC cape has the benefit of the doubt, and the odds are they trained it simply because they enjoyed a challenging skill and to earn money.

When you see those harder capes, like slayer, combat, farming...odds are, they were gotten by people that simply enjoyed challenges or even just enjoyed the skill. You don't usually see level 80s buying 2m essence so they can get a skillcape, you know? While there may still be the rare person that truly enjoys firemaking, that's an exceptionally rare case. The easy skills have this nasty tendency to attract low leveled glory hunters, and that's why they lose the respect that the more difficult skillcapes get.

I enjoy slayer. If I start playing RS regularly again, I may end up getting a cape in it. I train it because it's the only way I enjoy combat training, and honestly, it's the only thing that still mildly interests me in RS. I couldn't care less about e-rep, my personal life definitely isn't anywhere near sad enough for me to stoop to carving willows so strangers might think I'm cool. That's more than most fletchers can say.

Depends on the reason you trained it. Like I said, 99% of the people with fletching or cooking capes, and probably 100% of the people with firemaking capes, got it for no other reason than for the sake of having a cape in hopes of getting esteem in other player's eyes.

If somebody tells me they trained to 99 runecrafting just for the cape, just so people will go "omg, RC cape", I'll put them in that same category as the random nub with untrimmed fletching in a heartbeat. At least, though, the person with the RC cape has the benefit of the doubt, and the odds are they trained it simply because they enjoyed a challenging skill and to earn money.

When you see those harder capes, like slayer, combat, farming...odds are, they were gotten by people that simply enjoyed challenges or even just enjoyed the skill. You don't usually see level 80s buying 2m essence so they can get a skillcape, you know? While there may still be the rare person that truly enjoys firemaking, that's an exceptionally rare case. The easy skills have this nasty tendency to attract low leveled glory hunters, and that's why they lose the respect that the more difficult skillcapes get.

I enjoy slayer. If I start playing RS regularly again, I may end up getting a cape in it. I train it because it's the only way I enjoy combat training, and honestly, it's the only thing that still mildly interests me in RS. I couldn't care less about e-rep, my personal life definitely isn't anywhere near sad enough for me to stoop to carving willows so strangers might think I'm cool. That's more than most fletchers can say.

Well then. By your standard it's not just fletching and cooking and firemaking capes you disrespect. It's the reason behind getting them. You don't like people who get skillcapes just to have skillcapes.

But you know what? Almost all the skillcapes you see were obtained just for the sake of getting a skillcape. You know the easy way to tell? Go to that person's hiscores. Find their xp in that skill. If they stopped at 13m, then there you go. If they didn't, you don't have any right to bash them, because it means they weren't in it just for the cape and they trained it past 99. This applies for any skill.

So you don't have any real reason for singling out those three skills. Why are you willing to give the runecrafter the benefit of the doubt but not the firemaker? If the runecrafter's purpose was to get money, they wouldn't need to spend twice as long on the skill; they could just stop at 91. The only reason to get the extra 6.5m exp is for the cape, so if they got 99, the chance they did it just for the cape is even better than the chance that the firemaker did it just for the cape, right?

So you don't have any real reason for singling out those three skills. Why are you willing to give the runecrafter the benefit of the doubt but not the firemaker? If the runecrafter's purpose was to get money, they wouldn't need to spend twice as long on the skill; they could just stop at 91. The only reason to get the extra 6.5m exp is for the cape, so if they got 99, the chance they did it just for the cape is even better than the chance that the firemaker did it just for the cape, right?

You couldn't be more wrong. There is absolutely NO reason whatsoever behind firemaking, none. Even if the runecrafter stopped at 13m xp, the odds are much more in favor of the firemaker than the RCer. One of the reasons I enjoy slayer is because of its challenge factor. That's one of the reasons I enjoy RC, as well, though I'm nowhere near a cape in that skill. A person might just train to 13m xp because they enjoyed the challenge of the skill. And because the difficulty and the amount of determination it takes to get that cape, I'm willing to give them more benefit of doubt than I would someone wearing an untrimmed fletching. It's not a skill that you can just pick up on a whim and have maxed in 3 weeks.

Why do I single out those three skills? Batting average.

While there may still be the rare person that truly enjoys firemaking, that's an exceptionally rare case. The easy skills have this nasty tendency to attract low leveled glory hunters, and that's why they lose the respect that the more difficult skillcapes get.

I'm not going to change my view on a group because it might not apply to 1% of its population.

So no-one with 99 rc that didnt stop at 91 only wanted it for the cape? You know, some people want to make more money, so they would continue to train it.

I havent got a 99 yet, so you might be surprised when i say:

Im going for 99 fletching for the trim.

I say this because I love smithing and I am planning on getting that to 99

(ability to mine runite+make full rune=win) and the smithingcape trimmed is the coolest cape IMO

And getting fletching to 99 will show my a taster of what it takes, fletching being one of the easyer skils.

However i find people that call you a noob for wearing a slightly easier skill cape are losers.

Usually they dont have a skill cape (if they had one their usually more mature) so just smile

and say "at least I have one"

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

this is a appeal i make for all tip.iters and noobs out there

You're associating us with noobs? Thank you very much, you really know how to make people more likely to agree with you.

Basically people that power-level just for a cape are not considered to have done anything to deserve to be shown respect for their "effort". How many tens of thousands of players have 99 capes in Firemaking/Cooking/Fletching? Their numbers are constantly increasing, thus devaluing the capes for those skills even further. Not to mention that they're buyable skills, and that isn't helping.

You want "respect" for a 99? Go get it in a skill like Mining or Fishing. You said you were going for 99 Defence but decided to abandon it because it wasn't fast enough for you. You can't honestly expect to get the recognition you want by taking the easy way out.

i'm not saying you are noobs, i just wrote thag that for the people who have no respect for other people effort. SEriously, no one high leveled has ever called me a noob, but the 50's-70's levels keep passsing on trying to make me lend them my b pl8, and when i say 15k hour or simply no, they start braggin that fm is a noob skil. fm is a easy skill, and 99 is a achievement that i want. i just want respect, for me and for all the ither ones that fm.

ps: if you have qa friend fming with you, its not that boring and is quite enjoyable. background music helps

(ability to mine runite+make full rune=win) and the smithingcape trimmed is the coolest cape IMO

And getting fletching to 99 will show my a taster of what it takes, fletching being one of the easyer skils.

However i find people that call you a noob for wearing a slightly easier skill cape are losers.

Usually they dont have a skill cape (if they had one their usually more mature) so just smile

Again, I'm glad I havent wasted 100 hours for a fletchinging cape, and trained slayer/magic/ranged/summoning in the mean time.

Again, I'm glad I havent wasted 100 hours for a fletchinging cape, and trained slayer/magic/ranged/summoning in the mean time.

I didn't really get that post.

But if i offended you im sorry

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

i think there is a misunderstanding here. i dont want respect by achieving a 99 firemaking cape, i'm perfectly conscious that no one will stop and glance at it. the only thing i want is that other people respect what i am doing.

do you think i dont enjoy slayer, or combat. i even enjoy farming and when i'm fming with a friend or even with a nice talkative guy, i realle enjoy fming. slower, but more enjoyable..

i want 99 firemaking for the achievement of saying "i have a 99 skill, i earned it and i deserve to ear the nice cape". of course, i do breaks. personaly after i achieve 92 fm i'm planning on doing a break to earn patience for the last 6.5mil exp.

if your opinion is different, then dont let down people who have a goal.

PS: there much more people with 99 str(50k) then with 99 firemaking (16.5k)

peace.

here we go. back to the lame old argument of "at least i have one." no, you don't. and chances r that cape is untrimmed. so what does that say? "I'm too lazy to train a real skill to 99 so I'm taking the easy way out." if u could have one skill cape, I doubt it would b fm/fletch/cook. it'd be probably either rc/mining/slayer/prayer/hp/summoning. but then why isn't one of those capes the one on ur back right now? because ur too lazy to put the effort into that skill, so u choose one of the noob 3 skills and by getting 99 in them believe that u deserve bragging rights, when in reality ur putting urself lower than those who don't even have a cape and just degrading urself. what's even worse is that u think just because u have one of [noob] capes, u can brag over those without one, and to be honest, u don't, and they ARE allowed (and should) flame u for getting 99 in that skill.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

weather or not your going for 99 fm, the most useless skill their is..

your a "noob" #-o

sp33l1ng 4r3 f0r t3h dum13 r1ght?

wh0 n33ds t4 sp33l wh3n u h4s 99 n00b sk33l r1ght?

-.-

there's where we distinguish the normal players from noobs.

noobs mock and try to feel superior. just cause i want 99 doesnt mean that i'm a noob. however, trying to feel superiorby mocking other ppl is being a noob, noobs are imamture people. mature noes know what respect is, and those who don't are simply and only noobs.

here we go. back to the lame old argument of "at least i have one." no, you don't. and chances r that cape is untrimmed. so what does that say? "I'm too lazy to train a real skill to 99 so I'm taking the easy way out." if u could have one skill cape, I doubt it would b fm/fletch/cook. it'd be probably either rc/mining/slayer/prayer/hp/summoning. but then why isn't one of those capes the one on ur back right now? because ur too lazy to put the effort into that skill, so u choose one of the noob 3 skills and by getting 99 in them believe that u deserve bragging rights, when in reality ur putting urself lower than those who don't even have a cape and just degrading urself. what's even worse is that u think just because u have one of [noob] capes, u can brag over those without one, and to be honest, u don't, and they ARE allowed (and should) flame u for getting 99 in that skill.

Sour grapes. :roll:

Sour grapes. :roll:

grapes of wrath :twisted:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

first, learn to spell.

second, it's stupid to train a skill just for the cape, I do things in rs because there fun :P

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

first, learn to spell.

second, it's stupid to train a skill just for the cape, I do things in rs because there fun :P

The irony. :lol:

Sorry. Anyway, setting goals and achieving them has its appeal too. Fun is subjective.