What do YOU want in BioShock 2?

Juhnie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more weapons, hardly any in the first one -.-

So, you need more than a Shotgun, grenade launcer, pistol, crossbow, chemical thrower, and wrench, most of which have multiple ammotypes.

You forgot the Machine Gun. ::'

I was thinking about this for an hour thinking that theres something missing... and it's the camera!

I heard Bioshock 2 was going to be a prequel though

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

more weapons, hardly any in the first one -.-

So, you need more than a Shotgun, grenade launcer, pistol, crossbow, chemical thrower, and wrench, most of which have multiple ammotypes.

You forgot the Machine Gun. ::'

I was thinking about this for an hour thinking that theres something missing... and it's the camera!

I heard Bioshock 2 was going to be a prequel though

Hmmh. I don't personally consider the camera as a weapon, because you can't deal damage through it. I like to think it's a (really useful überawesome) add-on to your weapon arsenal. :D

And they said that they are strongly considering the possibility of making it a prequel on the article. READ IT. It's awesome. :thumbsup:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 4 months later...

This thread deserves a revival, tons of new information out, including a September release date.

You apparently play as the first big daddy, a bouncer, created in Rapture (yep, you get the drill). He's somehow kept his human sanity. It's been confirmed that Tenenbaum will be in the game, and that it takes place 10 years after the first one, still in Rapture. One little sister apparently returned to Rapture and took control of it, and not for the better. Also, she's modified a big daddy suit for herself, and it looks really, REALLY badass.

Article h'ya.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_2

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

You get the drill? That's all I need to know for me to buy this game.

Same. And the fact it's still underwater <3:

Kinda wish they made a prequel, before hell breaks loose. i wan't to see the real city and not the crumbling city.

258uo8n.jpg

This thread deserves a revival, tons of new information out, including a September release date.

You apparently play as the first big daddy, a bouncer, created in Rapture (yep, you get the drill). He's somehow kept his human sanity. It's been confirmed that Tenenbaum will be in the game, and that it takes place 10 years after the first one, still in Rapture. One little sister apparently returned to Rapture and took control of it, and not for the better. Also, she's modified a big daddy suit for herself, and it looks really, REALLY badass.

Article h'ya.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_2

You forgot to mention shes uber mega ultra sugar coated powerful "Big Sister" with an evil harnessing needle that she stabs you with repeatedly until you fall to the ground and implode and uses her plasmid powers to throw st00f at you and then she takes your atom and runs off with it!!1

Yeah, pretty much read this about a month ago when reading Gameinformer, shes the Big Sister, you're a renegade Big Daddy who has no need to always protect a little sister (so you can harvest them/bring one along to look for angels), the more little sisters you kill, the more of a threat you become to the Big Sister. The drill (and a rivet gun can be used, along with other weapons) can be used in conjunction with plasmids, a new feature that will allow awesome play; a customizable plasmid and weapon-plasmid fusion system; and of course, the Big Daddy's signature shoulder ram. The only bad thing is the drill overheats. lulz.

Also, the Big Daddy's all still wander rapture, none have actually...died, just been without little sisters until big sister brought 'em back. This Big Daddy managed (somehow) to live since the beginning.

The biggest thing for me in this game will be wandering around under water (literally) and going to familiar areas. Will be eerie to go back to the places you went through as Jack.

Plus, it will be interesting to find out how the Big Sister brought everything back to the way it was...After all, according to the story that they told Gameinformer, Rapture was doing fine until the Big Sister showed up (people were living without Atom and then she came and ruined that). Or at least that's what I remember reading one hundred times over. But I'll read it again if I must.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

The main part of my post was the link, everything we know is explained there and the page is constantly updated. Info on the first one is great too. Before reading it I had no idea who Bill Mcdonaugh(SP?) was.

P.S. I heard somewhere that some segments may be before and during the first one, but I don't know how that works.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

The main part of my post was the link, everything we know is explained there and the page is constantly updated. Info on the first one is great too. Before reading it I had no idea who Bill Mcdonaugh(SP?) was.

P.S. I heard somewhere that some segments may be before and during the first one, but I don't know how that works.

Jump cuts. How else? You might start at the beginning of your life for tutorial or something, maybe, then jump ahead to during #1, then jump ahead to the real game after a level or 2. Or flashbacks.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

:shock: Thanks for those links, I loved the GT Gameplay video, CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME <3:<3:

Combining plasmids, using plasmids and the Rivet Gun/Drill at the same time.. BioShock Wiki even mentioned Multiplayer! :o

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

:shock: Thanks for those links, I loved the GT Gameplay video, CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME <3:<3:

Combining plasmids, using plasmids and the Rivet Gun/Drill at the same time.. BioShock Wiki even mentioned Multiplayer! :o

They said some multiplayer, but its not going to be anything godly and otherworldly, its more focused on single play at the highest priority, so don't hype it up to death, or else disappointment may arise. Who knows, though, they might actuslly incorporate some good co-op or a gorefest multiplayer. Time will only tell.

As for going back and forth from before and after, it would be cool to do that, but the real question is how they will incorporate that. Maybe with memories from the Big Daddy? Or using the flashback sequences they used in BioShock? Or will we see sequences with Tenebaum...maybe the radio drama they'll put in will have some clues to the past...

Mr. B... Big Sister doesn't want you playing with me...

Apparently thats what your LS says right before a BS attack. When she says that, who here wants to put money on that those will be the biggest "OH SH*T" moments in the game?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Apparently thats what your LS says right before a BS attack. When she says that, who here wants to put money on that those will be the biggest "OH SH*T" moments in the game?

I'm sorry but... lol, BS attack :P

Multiplayer would actually work here, since your character actually has a face.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It would work because you have a helmet, technically a face. Plus, this game is supposed to have body awareness so you can see your feet and stuff. Will be cool. Like I said before though, its a matter of how they will incorporate multiplayer...

Also, the Little Sister says that tone in a song like version...Uh, the LS says this exactly: "Mr. B, Mr B...Big Sister doesn't want you playing with me..." Imagine that in a bizarre tommyknocker like tune. But it won't be an "OH SNAP" moment, because you can tell when the Big Sister is coming. The devs said the more bouncers you kill the more the BS meter goes up, which is apparently visible in the menu screen or somewhere in the UI. When you break it she hunts you down. The big oh [cabbage] moment will be fighting her, when you realize its nearly impossible to kill her--or IT IS impossible to kill her.

It would work because you have a helmet, technically a face. Plus, this game is supposed to have body awareness so you can see your feet and stuff. Will be cool. Like I said before though, its a matter of how they will incorporate multiplayer...

Also, the Little Sister says that tone in a song like version...Uh, the LS says this exactly: "Mr. B, Mr B...Big Sister doesn't want you playing with me..." Imagine that in a bizarre tommyknocker like tune. But it won't be an "OH SNAP" moment, because you can tell when the Big Sister is coming. The devs said the more bouncers you kill the more the BS meter goes up, which is apparently visible in the menu screen or somewhere in the UI. When you break it she hunts you down. The big oh [cabbage] moment will be fighting her, when you realize its nearly impossible to kill her--or IT IS impossible to kill her.

Actually, Jack DOES have a face. He's shown in a baby picture in a flashback and I've heard that there is a more recent picture in Ryans office on the Would you kindly wall.

And btw, it would be "OH SH*T". Not from shock, just because you know you're screwed.

Spoilers: I don't know for myself, but the pic in Ryans office may not exist because I just realized it would be hard for him to get an adult picture of you. It's explained that Jack is only two years old, Suchong used rapid aging, and Fontaine sent you topside when you were about a year old.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Another thing. For it to not be so bloody over rated. Yes its a good game. No its not THAT good.

If you didn't think it was great it's because you just went from the beginning to the end, doing little to nothing on the side.

Edit:

I'm Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.

tee hee

Do you like fishsticks?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Possibility for multiplayerness. Vs mode. Imagine. You and a few buds as big daddies beating the [cabbage] out of eachother... As big daddies. Or a possible co-op mode. One player as a big daddy, the other as Jack. If you can somehow manage Jack's return to Rapture into the storyline.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

They said some multiplayer, but its not going to be anything godly and otherworldly, its more focused on single play at the highest priority, so don't hype it up to death, or else disappointment may arise. Who knows, though, they might actuslly incorporate some good co-op or a gorefest multiplayer. Time will only tell.

I'd love split-screen Co-operate, first thing I would probably do would be playing it through with my brother. Doing it in Halo 3 was great fun, at least. (Legendary co-operate ftw \' ) That's the main thing I'm looking into in the whole Multiplayer.. XBL competitive multiplayer would not be as good in my opinion. It might just become another one of the games where someone finds a great tactic to use, everyone copies it, now everyone is using that stupid tactic and anyone to try something else will be utterly crushed.

Or something else bad might happen. Anyway, I would like them to focus on the Co-operate and trying to make it playable in Split Screen. <3:

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Possibility for multiplayerness. Vs mode. Imagine. You and a few buds as big daddies beating the [cabbage] out of eachother... As big daddies. Or a possible co-op mode. One player as a big daddy, the other as Jack. If you can somehow manage Jack's return to Rapture into the storyline.

highly doubt jack will return since he was on his deathbed

258uo8n.jpg

highly doubt jack will return since he was on his deathbed

But this doesn't take place directly after the end of the end scene, just ten years after Jack left. (supposedly Tenenbaum removed the rapid aging effect)

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I guess it could work like... Something that Jacks creator put in his genes had drawn Jack back to Rapture, or Big Sister Jacked ( #-o ) some of the little sisters Jack had rescued, and JAck knew the place, so he went to retrieve them?

Edit: Off Topic, I know, but EPIC.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

If you didn't think it was great it's because you just went from the beginning to the end, doing little to nothing on the side.

Bioshock was a solid game. I enjoyed the little bit of realization near the middle of the game (Why are you doing everything he says without question? I thought it was a great thing to bring up). However it pretty much copied System Shock 2's plot twists exactly, and I preferred System Shock 2's story. (And while Bioshock is obviously more modernized and easier to play, and probably a bit more fun, I do think System Shock 2 was more in depth).

• 3 weeks later...

Aww, the multiplayer won't be Co-Operation. :( I read it somewhere a while ago, forgot the link already. <.< go me.

Oh well, I guess it would have taken the eerie feeling out of the game. After all, the thing that makes it scary is that you are alone in an isolated environment where everyone wants to kill you. :lol:

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png