Lastest Avatar`

X V3 N 0 M X

Lastest avatar based off this render (me doing mining cape emote):

mininemote.png

To this:

venava-final4.png

What do you think? Please rate, give pro's and con's when you comment.

It's the second avatar I have made altogether, the first was this:

Compare which is better, what improvements have I made, etc.

After all the comments, many if not all of you were saying that the swirl was too large/bright, and I also heard that the background might've been a little too plain. Well here it is! What do you think now? :D

venava-final4wrunite2.png

Thanks X V3 N 0 M X,

outofbloodsig8-1.jpg

I'm going to be honest here, the background for it is crap. Add some colour to it then just B&W. And the swirl is nice, but the intensity of it is just a teeny weeny bit strong.

Oh, it is too big anyway. Resize it to 20KB, which I suspect should not be too hard at all.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Any examples of good backgrounds?

And know of any good sites with tutorials for making them? Because all I did was use a cloud filter and added some effects to it, I'm no pro at making stuff out of nothing I must admit. :-#

And the reason for the B/W was because since it was a mining cape, I thought something rock/ore-ish would be good, also, what colors would you suggest? Looking at it right now... I just can't eye a color that would fit. #-o

And teeny weeny, it's hard to imagine how you would actually be able to tell if it were "teeny weeny" bit too strong...

EDIT: Thought of an idea, based off your "adding color to the background" approach, I could add more blue, except they could be runite veins in the gray rock. :D

Thanks X V3 N 0 M X,

outofbloodsig8-1.jpg

deviantART is usually a good place to start, for tutorials and inspiration (Backgrounds, in your case).

By "Teeny Weeny", I mean if you took some white out of the swirl, so some more blue was shown, if that is possible.

And the B&W thing, don't know what I was thinking when I said that, it looks fine, to be honest :oops: Thru, LB, or someone else with "authority" can probably give you better advice on the colours, though.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Okay! Well thanks for correcting what you said now I wouldn't have to worry, look at it and say, "What is he talking about?" :P

And I see what you mean when there's too much white in the swirl, but I think that's what a major league critic would say. After all the edits I've made previously, it's one of those where I think leaving it like that would be fine. Just look at it, the white is basically the more powerful of the blue, so only the edge has a bit of blue to show give it a luminous effect, I don't want too much blue to make it like the whole picture was about blue.

But thanks, great comments! :D

Thanks X V3 N 0 M X,

outofbloodsig8-1.jpg

for this size of art work, i think the background is fine, you dont have alot of extra space to play around with a background that much

the swirl, i have mixed feelings on it, the swirl is definitely taking away from your focal point (the RS guy) but if you reduce the strength to much you will end up with a boring avay, i would suggest making like a 'drops of light' and adding some 'random small light lines' in the background which will help blend the RS guy without taking away from him also making the the swirl have a slightly smaller radius

legends2.jpg

It's looks great to me, thoguh as Ouchy said the swirls seems a bit bright - just 'burn' the glow coming from it (I assume you are using Photoshop), and it'll more than likely look less intense. You could add some rock veins in the background too, I think that would look nice.

I love the background personally - I've never though of using clouds to do that #-o

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Ahh I see, well thanks guys. :)

I will try doing some of it, though not being an expert with photoshop, I don't quite understand what Stilev means by adding a 'drops of light' and 'random small light lines'. :ohnoes: (examples are always welcomed :D)

And I'm getting my background effect by using the cloud filter, then using one of the pencil effects to split the pixels of the clouds diagonally both ways, making it ridge and rough. ;)

Thanks X V3 N 0 M X,

outofbloodsig8-1.jpg

Background isnt important if the piece doesn't look flat.

The swirl is too thick... if you know what I mean, I presume its pentool, I don't actually know why its bigger in some parts.

Judging both, the second is better, nice colour and all.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Definitely an improvement. But it is still over 20 KB :|

ojdv.jpg

I like it :) I think the swirl looks great. The main problem I see is that the character really blends in with the background. They're both dark and similar colours. Other than that, I think it looks nice :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Definitely an improvement. But it is still over 20 KB :|

What's wrong with being over 20 KB? :ohnoes:

And thanks tripsis. :D

That's the limit on the File Size of it. That means that if someone reported it for being too big, it would be removed. Heck, it's still a lot better than the old 8KB!

EDIT: I resized to down to below 20KB for you. Here it is:

venava-final4wrunite2-1.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/FreaGuitar/venava-final4wrunite2-1.jpg

And in comparison with the original:

venava-final4wrunite2.png

ojdv.jpg

rs manipulations i'm not a big fan of you cant tell he's wielding a pickaxe at the end of it, unless you're going for that look, sometimes when i do things myself i always get carried away with tweaking things until its overkill, its a nice approach just you need to tweak it some more maybe get more in the avatar just resize

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Thanks for the resize Ouchy! :D

And yeah, I was thinking that the pickaxe wasn't very visible, I tried lowering it a bit, but then it moved the face off center you know what I mean? :ohnoes: Either way I think it's the main look of the avatar not determining what it really is. #-o

Hehe, I'm not ranked in smithing because I powermined my mining levels. My plan now is to mine runite and make money off those, then buy my materials for some decent if not 99 smithing. ;) But littleboy is right, it's the art section, you should've PMed me about that if you wanted to instead.

Thanks X V3 N 0 M X,

outofbloodsig8-1.jpg