Underground Pass AKA the Loss of Sanity

Chaosheero

Yeah, I remember my first time through underground pass, it's pretty scary while Iban is still alive. I wandered in those caves for about 6 hours, it felt like I was in the mines of moria, lol. It's pretty much the reason why I hated the whole plague city questline, it involves my least 2 favorite places in runescape (the other being Isafdar).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That quest was perhaps the spookiest quest I've ever done. I think the reason for that was at the time, my friend played RS, and he's one of those guys that likes to tell a lot of tall tales to impress people. I could tell you some of them, but you'd probably laugh at me for ever believing him. They're utterly ridiculous. And I also read the "Spirit of the Pass" story before doing the quest. I guess if you want to keep your sanity during that quest you should treat it like any other quest. And get your agility level up. (I did it at the bare minimum req, talk about going insane :lol:)

I actually found underground pass fun, i didn't fail on any of the obstacles (I had around 50 agility) and i overall enjoyed the storyline.

Best quest ever :thumbup:

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

I actually found underground pass fun, i didn't fail on any of the obstacles (I had around 50 agility) and i overall enjoyed the storyline.

I smell bull....!

I failed all the time with 60 :x

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Mostly it wasn't the failing that made me go insane... It was that bloody music!!! The drum in it literally kept me up allllll nnnigght; even when I was in [bleep] bed...

The voices were cool

and creepy... :ohnoes:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I smell bull....!

I failed all the time with 60 :x

No bull my friend, i just had a hell of alot of luck 8-)

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

I went in with clan chat on, so at first I didn't see the creepy messages that popped up. I only noticed them after I first talked to the dwarves, and immediately turned off clan chat in delight so that I could see them all. I also like spiders, so I didn't have any problem with the cave. I might be in the minority as a nature lover though.

Seriously, that was a freakin' hard quest, and I loved it. Except the agility obstacles. I went in there with about 24 swordies, figuring that it would be plenty to get me through without having to go back, combined with my 51 agility. Not true. I made it finally to Iban with only 1 swordie left. I thought about going out to restock, then decided "screw it, I'm gonna go for it! Tentacles be darned!"

And I run through, dump the doll in the well, and don't get hit a single time. Go figure, huh? I'm pretty sure I lost close to 300 or 400 hp total due to those [bleep]ing bridges though. I'm not looking forward to Regicide at all.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

I'm not looking forward to Regicide at all.

when I went through the pass for Regicide I only failed once compared to the other 5 billion times during underground pass -.-

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 3 weeks later...

I found that quest quite annoying as well and to the weird messages-i just turned game chat off. But now, I actually like wandering around in the Underground Pass, occasionally helping out people who are lost or having difficulties. I admit the huge spider was a bit creepy...especially in high detail mode :ohnoes: lol. And I probably had a more difficult time with the agility obstacles-u didn't try to do the quest with 35 agility did u?

You think Underground Pass is bad, try Ratcatchers. Sneaking past the guards was the worst. :wall:

I did Underground Pass at 52 agility and didn't have any trouble with the agility obstacles, so I can't really relate, sorry.

You think Underground Pass is bad, try Ratcatchers. Sneaking past the guards was the worst. :wall:

I did Underground Pass at 52 agility and didn't have any trouble with the agility obstacles, so I can't really relate, sorry.

Don't remind me of ratchatchers -.-

Underground pass was a hard quest, I admit, but it was fun for that very reason. I still couldn't wait to teleport out into daylight after the quest though (even though before HD, underground was as light as the ground above, but meh).

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

I always found UP easy and fun, with a decent amount of theiving and agility to get your back (after you have done it once), you can do the entire path in under 10 minutes. i did have a video of me dong it in about 5, but it got removed because the music was unliscenced.

p.s 52 agility and 53 theiving! (First tim was minimum agility requirement)

Regicide was easy too, part from getting the naptha.

sudzy.png

UP was fun! ok the failign of the obsacles is enoying, but after all i didnt took me that long...

i think u should try to do Mourning's End 2 and ull understand what an enoying quest realky looks like :P

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

the spiders. I'm glad I never went into HD while venturing into that cave as I'm sure I would have nightmares as I've heard many do.

I did feel a little uneasy killing all those rabbits, but at least I didn't discard the meat, which made up for it.

Rabbits? What rabbits?

I don't really need help....Strangely I felt completely normal after finishing the quest.

Regicide, I can't wait to start that one. Not so much for the quest, but the reward.

You don't need help, don't list to wanna be psychiatrists. It's supposed to be mentally taxing,you were just frustrated.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I did the whole UP quest with like 20 lobs and no restocking. I did MEP 2 with 60 something agility and failed the handle holds twice. The worst part, IMO, in Regicide was that damn distiller part in Rimmington.

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

I did the whole UP quest with like 20 lobs and no restocking. I did MEP 2 with 60 something agility and failed the handle holds twice. The worst part, IMO, in Regicide was that damn distiller part in Rimmington.

ull have to tell me ur sectret man, i had to bank again 3 times during MEP2 and take a 5min break somewhere in the middle cuz it was kinda driving me nuts :P

but UP is fun and not hard 1s u get the trick

regecide was enoying cuz of the 56ag (i had 53 and forgot 2nd ag pot so had to start over somewhere in the middle :? )

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

It's supposed to be a tough, scary quest. Jagex does a good job with visuals\music\messages to build the mood. I really liked that quest

That voice....Now, normally one is not affected by some text scrolling onto the bottom of the screen, but when it is the only thing you are reading there besides the "You fail the agility obstacle" message, it tends to affect you in a strange way, I found myself yelling out, "PRAISE LORD ZAMORAK!"

I think you need more help then a tip.it rants forum can give :-#

i have to agree sounds like angry german kid.

and i enjoyed the quest made me feel like a experinced runescapian!

crazy i had 60 agility and i failed a full hour on the handholds the first time was easy but the second time took all determenation to do had to run and bank about 5 times compared to underground pass thats....

well i got nothing

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I agree with UP being one of Jagex's best quests ever. It's definetely not something I'd do again, though... :lol:

i dont kno, maybe if im realy bored and its the last thing available :P

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

man when i did that quest i just about died cause i had to waste all my food on falling and crap so when i finaly reached the boss i had only 1 tuna potatoe left so when i got to the boss i thought it wouldnt be to bad to take like a few 30 hp worth of damage but then i found out if you get hit you end up at the door which got me mad cause by the time i finished i had eaten my tuna potatoe and had only 15 hp left dang i would of lost maybe 500k worth of armour and arrows cause even though i do get a grave i dont think graves were made to last another 4 hours worth of pain and turture

Mustangs407.png

man when i did that quest i just about died cause i had to waste all my food on falling and crap so when i finaly reached the boss i had only 1 tuna potatoe left so when i got to the boss i thought it wouldnt be to bad to take like a few 30 hp worth of damage but then i found out if you get hit you end up at the door which got me mad cause by the time i finished i had eaten my tuna potatoe and had only 15 hp left dang i would of lost maybe 500k worth of armour and arrows cause even though i do get a grave i dont think graves were made to last another 4 hours worth of pain and turture

lol (especialy last part about grave :lol: )

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+